PDA

View Full Version : COM/NAV/ADF Audio selector panel

michaelwc
06-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi,

First post (of many I hope), I am planning a GA pit but just trying to get a feel for what I can buy and what I can build.

Does anyone know of a audio selector panel solution or perhaps suggest components for one? I am looking for a lo cost panel or I/O board that I can program to this function. I like OPencockpits stuff but find this a little limiting unless you go for the master boards etc.

I am sure this is a simple task and one many others have finished, I just cant see where to start on this.

Regards,
Michael

michaelwc
06-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Doesn't anyone have any suggestions?

Must be a common panel in most simulators, I just don't quite know where to start. Can you nudge the fs values with fsuipc?

Am I on to a loser here?

capkalu
11-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey Michael!

I'm just into this little problem as I'm building a generic cockpit for FSX where I need a generic audio panel too.

My solution:
I checked the different avionics companies about their offered audio panels for cockpits. So look at Garmin, Bendix and so on. I checked the layout for this panels and the functions. For me, this is a must have for my audio selector panel: NAV1, NAV2, ADF1, ADF2, COM1, COM2, and the markers (OM/MM/IM).

I designed an audio selector part onto my generic switch panel with this selection. I added a PTT switch. Later I will connect and control the selectors with FSUIPC (e.g. switching NAV1 audio repeating on and off).

That works for me, I don't need more switching possibilities (HF, DME etc. not needed for my simulation needs).

Maybe this helps a littlebit, captain :D

regards

pilotwannabe
11-15-2011, 12:10 AM
I just noticed this post and remembered I'd seen something about an audio panel somewhere... so I went looking for it again. Have a look at this:

http://www.baron58.com/KMA28%20Audiol.htm

I've been wanting to get started on something myself, but it'll probably be a multi-switch panel for ignition, battery, lights etc. that I start off with.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Best wishes

AK Mongo
11-15-2011, 02:11 AM
The Goflight RP-48, while not the cheapest solution does a great job of working as an audio panel. It is plug and play, and lets you assign buttons to all of the ident functions.

Reid

Geremy Britton
11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
saitek and goflight are good with multifunctional panels, they can cover all sorts of functions and in some cases you can choose what these functions are for each button/switch/rotary.

If you are good with electronics get a leo bodnar board and some switches and you're away.

... All depends on what degree of realism your looking for and whether or not your sim will be a generic aircraft that will allow you to fly a range of GA planes of if you've made a decision to replicate one aircraft type cockpit.

Good luck :)

No Longer Active
11-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi,

I have built a few audio panels myself and the best way is to use mini dpdt toggle switches, such as those found in ARC radios in Cessna sims, you can build a simple front panel from plexi and then drill holes for the toggles, some ARC radios have marker beacon lights so you can install LED's into this as well using an LED card. The best card for an audio panel is the Leo BUO836 as you can use the direct 12 outputs without having to use a matrix.

Please make a note of the audio functions you use and only wire your audio panel specific to your avionics.

For example in my Cessna 152 pit I have 1 nav, 1 comm and a transponder, thats all I use, and thats all I need. Although the the VOR2 and ADF's in my pit are just dummy gauges I have no need to include these on my audio panel which is freeing up inputs. So just think carefully about what's needed.

All the best,

Alex

Matti V
03-11-2014, 04:03 AM
i make audio panel KMA 30 face, but now have proplem how adding FSUIP all swithes working ?
i no found FSUIP button/switch setting COM1,com2,nav1,nav2,dme,adf,xponder,ap,on/off selection ?
how make ?
I have leo bodnar bu0386x card were i adding switches but how i tell FSUIP what sw have on/off ?
i no see button/sw setting down selection area list command on/off all before.com,nav,dme,mkr,adf,xpond.