PDA

View Full Version : seperating voice and airplane systems sounds

nemo_7708
06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
hey fellow aviator:-o is there aonyway to only have atc from vatsim or fsmp voice just in the head set alone and have the engine and other sounds come through other speakers and subs woofers

oal331
06-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Check Ian's site here http://www.737ng.co.uk/technical.htm & download this http://www.737ng.co.uk/sound.pdf

nemo_7708
06-04-2011, 03:53 AM
really helpfull site thanks alot

Holclo
06-04-2011, 09:43 AM
If you search these forums you will find lots of posts and advice about separating sound in FS. Some very cheap solutions in FS9. No experience of FSX but others on here have.
Bill

nemo_7708
06-04-2011, 10:36 AM
If you search these forums you will find lots of posts and advice about separating sound in FS. Some very cheap solutions in FS9. No experience of FSX but others on here have.
Bill

Thanks for the advice ill do my hme wrk and search more

ian@737ng.co.uk
06-04-2011, 01:27 PM
really helpfull site thanks alot

thank you captain :o

nemo_7708
06-04-2011, 01:51 PM
thank you captain :o

Your welcome captain:cool:

Ronson2k9
06-04-2011, 02:21 PM
FSX will let you pump your aircraft audio out through a headset by itself if you have a second audio card in your computer. You get a USB audio card pretty cheap. Once you have that installed in your computer FSX will give the option to run aircraft audio (voice out) through the card. This only works for FSX audio though. To get Vatsim as far as I know it requires a second computer running an instance of FS (any brand that will get your data to Vatsim) and then that run that audio from Vatsim back through your headset. Those two can be mixed together to create one audio stream back to your headset if your not using Vatsim and want to switch to FSX audio only.

So long as Vatsim can detect your location and give you feedback you should be good. So on computer 2 you would need FS2004 or FSX and audio card + squawkbox + FSWide and good internet connection. Basically following the link above.

nemo_7708
06-04-2011, 04:02 PM
FSX will let you pump your aircraft audio out through a headset by itself if you have a second audio card in your computer. You get a USB audio card pretty cheap. Once you have that installed in your computer FSX will give the option to run aircraft audio (voice out) through the card. This only works for FSX audio though. To get Vatsim as far as I know it requires a second computer running an instance of FS (any brand that will get your data to Vatsim) and then that run that audio from Vatsim back through your headset. Those two can be mixed together to create one audio stream back to your headset if your not using Vatsim and want to switch to FSX audio only.

So long as Vatsim can detect your location and give you feedback you should be good. So on computer 2 you would need FS2004 or FSX and audio card + squawkbox + FSWide and good internet connection. Basically following the link above.

Thanks for the weath of information ,I love thiis web site ,u always get fast replys that make sense

nemo_7708
06-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Bill

thanks i got it working woo hoo atc only in my head set and my over head speakers jus pumping engine sound now my sim feels more realistic