PDA

View Full Version : FSWeekend 2011 [5-6 November, Lelystad]

Efe Cem Elci
05-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Me and my wife (she will be in November any way) have made the arrangements already to be in Lelystad for FSWeekend. We'll be arriving on the 2nd and staying in Amsterdam for two days before moving to Lelystad, where we'll be based at the Airport Hotel. We expect to be leaving at noon on the 7th.

Anybody else thinking of coming? Who will be there from the UK group?

mpl330
05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi Efe,

Not been for a couple of years but thinking about a re-visit this year, I expect Mr. S will be going and I need to buy David (fordgt) and Ralph (ralphw) a beer for their assistance.
Any of the other UK guys thinking of going?

Cheers all
Mike

Efe Cem Elci
05-13-2011, 06:24 PM
My one and only time was 2008. Missed 2009 at the last minute and was in service during 2010.

JWS
05-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Me and the mrs will be there also, helping our friends from Revolution Simproducts.

JWS

Sean Nixon
05-14-2011, 06:41 AM
I'll be there again. Does this years event clash with WorldFlight as it did last year? That may decide whether a few people come or not.

Sean

mpl330
05-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Hi Sean,

Can't find a definite set of dates for WorldFlight, John Davis has it as starting on Monday 7th ( http://www.747simulator.co.uk/page6.html ) but I have also seen it as starting on 6th (maybe due to global time differences....)

Cheers
Mike

BishBash
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Never been to FS exhibition before, I and the guvnor may pop over
for this one.

Hotel recomendations.

Regards

Steve

fordgt40
05-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi Efe,

Not been for a couple of years but thinking about a re-visit this year, I expect Mr. S will be going and I need to buy David (fordgt) and Ralph (ralphw) a beer for their assistance.

Cheers all
Mike

Mike

I think it would be cheaper to claim your kind offer of a beer in this country :)
Thanks for the thought though - I may well go to Lelystad this year, having missed it last time

Regards

David

Nick1150
05-15-2011, 02:40 AM
Hi to all,

Last year was my first visit to FSweekend. I was excited to see many guys from here. Most probably I will be there this year too, with my wife and probably with my daughter too, just for a long weekend away from work, home and Athens....

I wish this year a Saturday night dinner is orgaised, so that we have the chance to meet all guys from mycockpit.org.

As far as accomodation, I prefer staying in Amsterdam, since I have a very good friend there and we get the chance to spend some time together. I will definately rent a car this year from the airport and return before checking in on Sunday. Last year I spent alot of cash on taxi, and I realised that it is easy to commute in Amsterdam, after all my iphone navigon app helped me alot last year, so it will do the same this year too.

Hope to see you there all

:)

Clive
05-15-2011, 03:21 AM
Hi Nick

Sean Nixon and I went last year and we were hoping to meet you but we missed each other! I am sure we will see you this year .... we have some unfinished business in a local bar!

Clive

Nick1150
05-15-2011, 03:52 AM
.... we have some unfinished business in a local bar!

WOW do you hear that Ian ?

That's great Clive and Sean !!!! I am looking forward to meeting you both guys there :)

JWS
05-15-2011, 03:59 AM
Hi Nick

.... we have some unfinished business in a local bar!

Clive

Does the owner of the bar know this????:lol:

JWS

capetonian
05-15-2011, 04:18 AM
I will definately rent a car this year from the airport and return before checking in on Sunday.

So then it will be even easier for you to vist me in Almere on your way to Lelystad :)

Nick1150
05-15-2011, 04:48 AM
So then it will be even easier for you to vist me in Almere on your way to Lelystad :)
And the company grows then ;)

I will be more than glad to see you there :)

Does the owner of the bar know this????:lol:

JWS
LOL

Clive
05-15-2011, 05:50 AM
I'll let Sean answer that one! We had some fun!

Clive

Sean Nixon
05-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Let's just say that the Dutch hospitality in that particular establishment could have been better.

ian@737ng.co.uk
05-22-2011, 04:31 AM
Hi Efe,

Cheers all
Mike

yep, Mr.S is already sorted :o what about adding me to the beer list :o :o :o
rgds

ian

vybhav
05-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Wow...you guys plan very early. I am unsure of my plan, there is only one factor that will make the difference ......."wife" :)

mpl330
05-22-2011, 09:51 AM
yep, Mr.S is already sorted :o what about adding me to the beer list :o :o :o
rgds

ian

The beer for you goes without saying Mr S!
What's the hotel plans these days? The Airport Hotel or in town?
Cheers
Mike

capetonian
05-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Well, .. if the weather is okay , .... I could treat you guys to a South African Braai in the garden :) on Friday eve or sat afternoon

Barrykensett
05-30-2011, 06:01 AM
I think it is actually on the 5th & 6th, don't want to miss anything.
Barry
www.a320sim.com

ian@737ng.co.uk
05-31-2011, 12:21 AM
that's it then, booked in at the airport hotel friday and saturday night :o
now where's this bar then ? looking forward to meeting up.
guess it's a 'mega burger' at the FLANTUAS and then back to the hotel
for a few 'sherbets' :o

ian

steveeverson
05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Just booked up at the airport hotel. Looking forward to catching up with everyone again.
Cheers
Steve

flymo001
05-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi Guys n Galls...I'm in again this year, booked the hotel and flight yesterday. Looking forward to a beer and 'chin-wag' again.
Yet another joins the list!

RalphW
06-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Have to give it a miss again this year. Worldflight takes priority and that weekend I will be in PPM, (that's Permanent Panic Mode), with just 2 days to go.

Of course if anyones coming back from Lelystad via London and wants to drop in................

Ralph

mpl330
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Phew! Got one of the last rooms!
Look forward to the meet up

Cheers
Mike

PKlijnstra
07-30-2011, 05:30 AM
I will be going there too this year after skipping the last few years

Efe Cem Elci
10-03-2011, 03:27 AM
Chaps (as Ian would say :) )

Only a month or so left till the show. Hope everyone is set with their travel and accomodations. I'm just waiting to get my passport back from the Consulate (hopefully with visa) and then I can sleep happy.

List as it seems according to the messages posted, 14 people so far: (ongoing list, edited)
1. ian@ 737ng.co.uk (UK)
2. JWS & wife (Netherlands)
3. Nick1150 (Greece)
4. capetonian (Netherlands)
5. Barrykensett (UK)
6. steveeverson (UK)
7. FlightSim Barbie (UK)
8. flymo001 (UK)
9. mpl330 (UK)
10. PKlijnstra (Netherlands)
11. Sean Nixon (UK)
12. Efe Cem ELCI & wife (Turkey)
13. fordgt40 (UK)
14. kiek (Netherlands)
15. pdpo
16. Steve Mitchel (UK)

Any additions or cancellations?

Nick1150
10-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Any additions or cancellations?Depends.... Will we have a beer festival ?
:p

Ian ?

Efe Cem Elci
10-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Depends.... Will we have a beer festival ?
:p

Ian ?

Nick we have at least 6 people out of 13 coming from the UK. Is there any doubt? :D

fordgt40
10-03-2011, 04:00 AM
Did someone say beer :D - I will be there then this year

David

JWS
10-03-2011, 05:23 AM
Did someone say beer :D - I will be there then this year

David

Nice, finally able to shake hands (please put down that beer) with one of our spamfighters.

Eren Yavi & Oral Barkay (RevSim Products) are coming also.

JWS

Efe Cem Elci
10-03-2011, 05:47 AM
Nice, finally able to shake hands (please put down that beer) with one of our spamfighters.

JWS

Need to list the companies that are active in MyCockpit seperately perhaps?

Sismo Soluciones
Revolution Sim Products
FlyEngravity

fordgt40
10-03-2011, 06:37 AM

JWS

JWS

It will be nice to meet you in person, rather than cyberspace.

Looking fwd to the show

Regards

David

ian@737ng.co.uk
10-04-2011, 02:31 AM
sorry for late input chaps ( :o ), holidays and a 'special project' have kept me busy these past few months.
first Nick, of course we will be having a 'Beer Festival' if both David and I are there :o
second, Efe, pls add another UK visitor to your list - Steve Mitchel who will be travelling
with me on Friday......
rgds

ian

steveeverson
10-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Hi Efe,
My wife Vicky is also coming for the weekend.
cheers
Steve

FlightSim Barbie
10-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Hello!

As Steve has mentioned, I am coming along too (yey!)
Looking forward to seeing those of you I know and meeting those of you I do not know yet.
oh yes, and beer... looking forward to beer (Ian) and hopefully some new blog material as it really has been too long.

See you soon,

FSB x

JWS
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Well, with all that beer it will be a heavy weekend:D Which already starts at Friday!

What I do like is that it appears that there will be some women as well. I think it will be nice for them to share their "sorrows" (more beer) for putting up with guys with a hobby like ours.

OK guys, let's start the count down.

JWS

mpl330
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Did someone mention beer?

:D

See you there
Mike

Efe Cem Elci
10-20-2011, 09:15 AM
List has 19 people so far:
1. ian@ 737ng.co.uk (UK)
3. Wendy (Belgium)
4. capetonian (Netherlands)
5. Barrykensett (UK)
6. steveeverson (UK)
7. FlightSim Barbie (UK)
8. flymo001 (UK)
9. mpl330 (UK)
10. PKlijnstra (Netherlands)
11. Sean Nixon (UK)
12. Efe Cem ELCI & wife (Turkey)
13. fordgt40 (UK)
14. kiek (Netherlands)
15. pdpo
16. Steve Mitchel (UK)
17. choffmann (Germany)

ian@737ng.co.uk
10-20-2011, 12:14 PM
well as usual, the UK compliment seems to b upto normal expectations :o
so, that means a lot of beer :o
i'm away from sunday on holiday, but when i get back (30th), maybe i should try and organise some kind of 'get together'
saturday night.
rgds

ian

nax228
10-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Also booked my flights and hotel now. As usual the norwegian gang will stay in Harderwijk, but spending the whole saturday at the avidrome.
Some of you I know of aperance from meeting before, but hope I'll meet more of you this year.

Will use my nametag, so dont hesitate if you see my name around.
Nametaglogo this year will be the Prosim737 logo.

Holclo
10-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Toying with the thought of going to the show this year but how difficult/easy is it to get from a central Amsterdam Hotel to Lelystad without using a taxi for the complete journey?
Bill

JWS
10-21-2011, 03:01 AM
Toying with the thought of going to the show this year but how difficult/easy is it to get from a central Amsterdam Hotel to Lelystad without using a taxi for the complete journey?
Bill

By train from Amsterdam Central Station (platform 11b) to Lelystad Centrum. From there Bus 148(Connexxion) with destination Harderwijk; get of at airport (stop: Eendenweg Lelystad). Takes 1 hr 15 min. Costs train € 8,90; bus 1,78 (you need an OV-chipcard for bus).

JWS

Holclo
10-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Thank you JWS. Just a further question please. As I intend bringing my wife along would there be enough of interest to base ourselves in Lelystad for the weekend? I see the Airport Hotel is already fully booked.
Bill

kiek
10-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Hi Bill,
I don't think you should let your wife hanging around in Lelystad for the weekend. It is (imho) not a very interesting town (a 'sleep town' as we say in Dutch), you better be based in Amsterdam.

The only thing that is particular is that Lelystad is only about 50 years old. Before that that place was a Lake...

Regards,
Nico

Holclo
10-21-2011, 05:25 AM
Thank you Nico.
Bill

JWS
10-21-2011, 06:04 AM
See regional tourist information http://www.ookflevoland.nl/en

But not a very interesting town itself. Better to stay in Amsterdam.

JWS

Efe Cem Elci
10-21-2011, 03:06 PM
We should have the ladies that are not interested in FS (like mine) do something together. Whether it is going to Amsterdam or another place close by perhaps suggested by the local members.

choffmann
10-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Efe, pls add me to your list.
Looking forward to see all of you, some of you again. Very excited to discuss all sorts of building techniques.

Cheers
Chris

Nick1150
10-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Unfortunately I will not attempt this year FSweekend. You see next weekened is the only days available for the forwarder to move our offices to another building, so I will not be able to see you guys. Maybe next year :)

Wendy
10-25-2011, 01:43 AM
I will be there on saturday.

Regards, Wendy

JWS
10-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Looking forward to see all of you, some of you again. Very excited to discuss all sorts of building techniques.

Chris

Great to see you again, Chris.

Unfortunately I will not attempt this year FSweekend.

Too bad, Nick. Good luck.

I will be there on saturday.

Regards, Wendy

Looking forward to discuss some minor issues, Wendy.

JWS

Roland
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi guys,

Looking forward to seeying you all again in this year's event.
My motion sim is still in one piece, so it should be able to endure another FSWeekend :-)

For your information:
FSweekend will hold several presentations this year, some in English, some in Dutch.

Some highlights:
Saturday:
Van 11 tot 12 uur Geert Rolf English
Rebuilding a real Flight Simulator, an overview of 3 years work at the Norwegian DC-10.
Illustrated by video, the talk will take you through the work done to bring a 1977 built Link Miles DC-10 Simulator back to life. The story ends with last years project: the link with MS Flight Simulator for cockpit view only.

Sunday:
Van 15 tot 16 uur Austin Meyers English
New X-plane 10
Austin en Aerosoft will show latest version X-Plane 10. More than just an upgrade, as it contains lots of new technology. X-plane will take on the competion wih Microsoft Flight Simulator.

(these presentations will be held in the back of the old Schiphol building)

Efe Cem Elci
10-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the information Roland. Will be nice to see you and your sim again, after all I'm sure both have changed a bit since 2008 :)

By the way, could one of you locals help out in this regard: The wife and I will be spending a few days in Amsterdam before moving over to Lelystad. I am going to bring my iPad but I don't want to make my Turkish cellular operator rich yet again with my data access. Is it possible to get a prepaid cellular data card to use while in Holland?

Thanks!

kiek
10-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Is it possible to get a prepaid cellular data card to use while in Holland?
Hi Efe,
Yes you can. KPN for instance sells Mobile Internet Prepaid Sim Only (http://www.kpn.com/prive/mobiel/mobielinternet/prepaid.htm)
For KPN shops in Amsterdam look here: http://www.openingstijden.nl/KPN+Winkel/Amsterdam/. ("Winkel" is Dutch for Shop).

Have not checked that, but I would think that Vodafone and T-Mobile (the other Mobile Operators in Holland) also offer this kind of Services.

regards,
Nico Kaan

Goldmember
10-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Captain Kinsky (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php/5550-kinsky) and me will be there on Sunday. Looking forward to it, this is what triggered us to start our build.

Efe Cem Elci
10-30-2011, 02:23 AM
This seems like a good turnout, 24 people so far...

List has 24 people so far:
1. ian@ 737ng.co.uk (UK)
4. Wendy (Belgium)
5. capetonian (Netherlands)
6. Barrykensett (UK)
7. steveeverson (UK)
8. FlightSim Barbie (UK)
9. flymo001 (UK)
10. mpl330 (UK)
11. PKlijnstra (Netherlands)
12. Sean Nixon (UK)
13. Efe Cem ELCI & wife (Turkey)
15. fordgt40 (UK)
16. kiek (Netherlands)
17. pdpo (Belgium)
18. Steve Mitchel (UK)
19. choffmann (Germany)
20. Kinsky (Netherlands)
21. Goldmember (Netherlands)
22. Eren Yavi (France)
23. Oray Baykal (Turkey)
24. fsacademy (Luxembourg)

Roland
10-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi Efe,

Was there a specific meet planned for the people on the list? If so, please add me to the list (time permitting, normally my stand is pretty busy)

Please note that this year, the show will be open until 18:00 on Saturday.

Efe Cem Elci
10-30-2011, 05:32 AM
Nothing specific Roland. Perhaps a drink (or more?) at the Airport Cafe or another location. I think its best to leave that to the regulars, so whatever you guys deem appropriate.

dnoize
10-30-2011, 12:08 PM
By the way, could one of you locals help out in this regard: The wife and I will be spending a few days in Amsterdam before moving over to Lelystad. I am going to bring my iPad but I don't want to make my Turkish cellular operator rich yet again with my data access. Is it possible to get a prepaid cellular data card to use while in Holland?

Thanks!

T-mobile is offering something too. 200 MB for 10 euros en 2 gig for 30 euros.
they also have the microsim for the ipad.

see here: use google to translate

http://www.t-mobile.nl/mobiel-internet/tablet

maybe this is usefull aswell:

http://www.wifi-amsterdam.nl/free_wifi_internet.html

i know rotterdam is offering wifi through out the center. works quite well there. Cant imagine amsterdam doesnt have something similar ?

Stef

Efe Cem Elci
10-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks Stef. I'll have to check it out. Can I add you to the list?

fsacademy
10-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Hello Efe, could you add me to the list either.
Thank you.

Samuel

JWS
11-04-2011, 06:04 AM
All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, ....

OK, I'm off to Lelystad in a couple of minutes. See you all there. I'll be walking around or at the Revolution Simproducts stand.

Cheers,

JWS

Goldmember
11-04-2011, 06:15 AM
If any of you foreign exhibitors forget something, I propose you post it so we Dutchies can see of we can arrange help. A few years ago, somebody with a full size 737 pit forgot his projector. I could have lent him one (not anymore because meanwhile it broke down). Anyway, just ask.