PDA

View Full Version : Using Multiple BU0836X Cards

robjs1000
05-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Anybody been able to use 2 or more BU0836X cards together successfully? I have 2 cards connected to the PC's on board USB hub, both work initially very well, then one of them drops out. (Game controller still sees the card - Leo's utility does not). It is always the same one (looks like the 2nd card that was connected).

I then went to another PC, also connected same two cards, this time in a different order and get the same result, it is always the 2nd card that drops out.

Looks like USB device ID issues, but how to find out what the problem actually is, and how to fix. Anybody have similar issues?, and suggested solutions.

Many Thanks
Rob

Steve1970
05-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi Rob,

I use 2 cards on my sim, don't seem to have any trouble. Although I do find that some of my other devices can drop out, but this is usually on an external USB hub.

Cheers
Steve.

davek
05-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I am using two cards 836 and 836x and have no problems with them. I have just ordered a couple more 836x cards so will let you know if i have any conflicts

spitfire9
05-21-2011, 09:16 PM
I am using three 836X cards with no problems.
They are plugged directly(no hub) to the computer. Also ,I have the usb cords numbered and the usb slots numbered ,so I don't get them mixed up in FSUIPC.

npbosch
05-24-2011, 05:05 AM
I have one BU0836X connected to my FSServer PC. If I connect more they are not recognised by windows. Number 2 and 3 are connected to a clientPC in the network and via a special program I use , things are transmitted to the server (only potmeters are connected to number 2 and 3).
So one PC in the network gives me troubles and the other doesnot.

Norbert

robjs1000
05-25-2011, 07:37 PM
I have been able to resolve the BU0836X drop out problem. One has to be careful how the USB cables lie with other cables, especially power and screen cables, there appears to be RF noise or EMI that can affect the cards. As soon as the USB cables were well separated with a good distance of more than 100 mm the drop outs disappeared. Not sure if there are USB cables out there that vary in quality or spec, but in general one will have to be careful in keeping signal & power cables well apart. This problem has taken hours of fault finding & trials, and it boiled down to something instrinically simple.

davek
05-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Great to hear you solved the problem and thanks for sharing the solution.
At the moment I have cables running down the centre column of the windshield but not USB cables attached to a card.
I was going to fit a card to the OVH panel so will have to think about how I am going to route the USB cable.