PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 landing sound delay with ButtKicker / undocked window engine sound problem

Cessna172sim
04-24-2011, 01:54 AM
Hi,
I'm not sure have you had this kind of problem, but when using ButtKicker shaker you can 'feel' the landing thump when gears hit the ground. The problem is that at least in FS2004 there is appr. 1-2 second delay in this sound. Could this sound file be modified somehow or is there any other way to make this sound file to play in the right timing with the actual landing time?

Cessna172sim
05-15-2011, 08:39 AM
I boosted up FS2004 landing sounds in Cool Edit audio editing tool.
cmtouch1-8 wav files are used for touchdown in all C172. As default these
sounds are played too low for ButtKicker to react but once boosted few DB louder, the sensation of the wheels hit the runway is much better with the shaker.

The delay was only noticable with Beechcraft Baron (addon plane). All default FS2004 sounds
like landing sounds runs perfectly without any delay in all models.

So if you are using Buttkicker and smaller GA-planes I recomment that you boost up landing sounds.

/OP

Tom_G_2010
05-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Being an audio engineer in my spare time, things like that are on my list of design issues. I'm looking at where to build in speakers, subs, and shakers. I was also toying with the idea if adding in some real sound sources like actual electric motors triggered by the flap and gear switches, etc. beyond the sound, those would also add some chassis vibration and the like for added realism. I've already had to promise my wife I would put acoustic insulation in the fuselage to prevent actual engine volume levels from being heard throughout the house :grin:

manhattan
01-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Being an audio engineer in my spare time, things like that are on my list of design issues. I'm looking at where to build in speakers, subs, and shakers. I was also toying with the idea if adding in some real sound sources like actual electric motors triggered by the flap and gear switches, etc. beyond the sound, those would also add some chassis vibration and the like for added realism. I've already had to promise my wife I would put acoustic insulation in the fuselage to prevent actual engine volume levels from being heard throughout the house :grin:

Hi.

I would like to build some .wav files that can be triggered either by an action taken in the cockpit, or triggered by a switch or button?
If I can do this, I think that I can enhance realism.
The problem is, knowing how a file on the computer, can be activated by the closure of a physical switch?
I am unable to know where to place the .wav file in the FS 2004 programme, or how to make it relate to a switch/button action.
My knowledge is limited, and I wondered if you would know how to do this?

Many thanks.

TONY. Plymouth UK

Tom_G_2010
01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
I have not yet tackled this aspect of my build, but I have two possible directions in mind. One would be to use a LUA script via FSUIPC to launch the audio files based on any number of given parameters or events that can be handled via FSUIPC offsets. The other would be to use an Arduino card with an SD card shield interfaces through Link2FS to again read certain events from FSX and launch audio files stored on an SD Card.

I am still have a ways to go before I try that with many other build items above it on the list, but I will be looking at it before the build is done.

Geremy Britton
01-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi.

I would like to build some .wav files that can be triggered either by an action taken in the cockpit, or triggered by a switch or button?

I think FSCommander or FDC live cockpit does that, i can't remember which,

manhattan
06-24-2017, 11:09 AM

Motors work when the flap lever is activated, but what puts them off?

TONY UK

Tom_G_2010
06-25-2017, 08:06 PM
Motors work when the flap lever is activated, but what puts them off?

TONY UK

You can pick up the flap movement off of an offset via FSUIPC or from a variable sent by a program like Link2FSMulti. In my case I am already tracking flap movement for the flap position indicator ( a servo motor driven dial indicator) on my instrument panel via Link2FSMulti. So it will be easy enough when I get to that part of the build to also trigger a sound effect from a speaker placed up and behin each seat or to use a vibration ttransducer or any numbe of other devices.