PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, just bought an entire real 737-300 cockpit, what next?

peterkwu
04-16-2011, 12:13 PM
There have been a few of these that have come up on eBay recently. I tried offering $5000 USD but the guy didn't even write back. I think this is still a pretty good deal, but now I have to go get it.

real 737-300 cockpit (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220767051016&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MOTORS:1123)

I seem to remember a video about this not too long ago, but now I can't find it.

I already have a lot of real parts, including a TQ, circuit breakers, yoke/columns, rudder pedals etc. I bought this cockpit mainly to get the back wall of the cockpit, cockpit door, and a lot of the little hardware items that add authenticity. I plan to strip the cockpit of what I don't need and sell it to finance the purchase.

I'm thinking of constructing a cradle to hold the cockpit on top of a trailer. Has anyone done something similar? Ideally I would like to suspend the cockpit floor high enough in the air so that I can start stripping parts from the underside.

Thanks in advance for any help. :shock:

Peter:shock::shock:

Matt Olieman
04-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Congratulations Peter :) :) :)

737NUT (Rob) may be willing to share some pics, contact him. He's got pics of when he sold his cockpit and was picked up with a small trailer.

Matt Olieman

Efe Cem Elci
04-16-2011, 03:28 PM
I saw this today and once again had that thought "oh to be in the States now..."

I think someone here did what you want to do by placing it nose pointing to the sky first and then flipping it right way up once finished. But I believe that builder had had the bottom cut flat so that once it was flipped over it was ready to build further.

jetpilot
04-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Peter,
I bought a real cockpit also last september. I brought it back home last december. However my plan is to keep it as it is (at least for me sitting inside the real one is second to none). I know where this cockpit is in arkansas and visiting the place is also incredible.
If you have any questions just let me know (You can see also my post under Jetpilot)
Roberto

skyline223
04-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Looks like the beginning of a sweet project...

Hey! That cockpit is in my backyard! haha

Norwegian737project
04-24-2011, 01:59 PM
How much do you think the shipping is gona be for this beauty? I'd love to have one myself:)

Congrats man!