PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up Display

Hans Krohn
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

does anyone out there have experience with the HUD mode of PM-GC? I see options for it it in the ini file.

Which leads to the next question: if PM is actually implementing some kind of HUD (I guess that would be green text and symbols on a black background), would it be possible to project that against an acrylic glass? What kind of surface would be required? I recently saw USB connected LED powered mini beamers at less than 100 Euros, and that got me thinking...

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Hans

My fighter jet 737 8)
www.hanskrohn.com

mrcadillac
01-09-2011, 02:44 AM
hey,
yesterday i had exactly the same idea and thought about it. For cars are currently a lot of huds coming up on the market.
Waeco is producing one http://www.waeco.com/en/4376_1881.php and you can get the projection slide for about 6 €! But i think a hud has a collimated display system??? And does the projection slide adsorbe the whole image or will it be projected also on the outside view???
greetings from germany,
christian

saabpilot
01-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Hello Hans,

We have the same idea with a miniprojector. :D

PM has support for a kind of HUD, and it would be fun to have that one on a stowable HUD display screen in the window.
We have not yet made any serious trials, but have the mini projectors, and they do work OK with PM. One problem is to project and avoid that the HUD picture continues onto the beamer screen (the outside view).
Also the projected image from PM is a bit "dull" since there is only green color.

Hopefully we will have tested this more thoroughly closer to summer 2011.
At the moment we are struggeling with the OH as well as putting in chairs in the sims.

Best,
Bjorn

www.boeing737sim.se

verticallimit
01-16-2011, 09:29 AM
The HUD glass fitted to fighter aircraft are extremely flat.
If you enlarge the HUD glass up to a size as Europe, then the highest point would only be about a meter.
Why it is so flat, this is because your eyes will focus on the glass, this will allow HUD display stand clearly far out on the horizon, it means you shall not change focus on something respectively near and far away.
So should you try to build a HUD then try to get a good piece of glass for best results.