PDA

View Full Version : Dual radios with dual headsets

frazer
01-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm sitting here thinking about how to solve this problem, and then I thought that someone probably already have, so I'll check with you guys first before I invent the wheel again.

What I'm trying to accomplish is so that I can control the volume of the two radios (COM1 and COM2, from Squawkbox or FSINN) independently for the right and left pilot. To control them separately for both pilots is no problem, cause I can have two USB soundcards which are connected to both headsets and then adjust the output volume for these soundcards.

But the next level is way more advanced, when I want each pilot to control this independently.

Any ideas?

oal331
01-13-2011, 02:52 AM
I don't know about about the volume to help you, because i only have 2 headsets connected via Y cable to 1 sound card, so both headsets have the same volume, hearing the same Com channel.
Did you manage to have them independent ? Can Captain hear/transmit the Com1 and F/O hear/transmit or only monitor the Com2 ?

regards

Eddie

Philb737
01-13-2011, 04:40 AM
Here you go!:cool:(Option one) Connect the pilot headset to pilot/copilot side and the copilot headset to the passenger side. (Option two) Or get any headset with a volume control !!!
http://acespilotshop.com/pilot-supplies/intercoms/sigtronics-sci-6-panel-mount-intercom.htm