PDA

View Full Version : Precision Flight Controls Cirrus Pro Panel and radio stack for sale

denialS
01-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Please see my ebay listing for this item. I may consider selling radio stack and console separately in the future. Be sure to contact me if this is something you may be interested in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300511941567#ht_5801wt_1140

~D.

Matt Olieman
01-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Nice starting price. Wish you luck on the sale. :)

Regarding selling the radio stack and console separately, if I recall, the radio stack will not work independently without the console.

Matt Olieman

denialS
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Matt,
Thank you. I have confirmed that the radio stack works by itself. Almost considered just keeping that part and using the CH yoke I have as the radio stack is definitely the coolest part to me. When I boot up FSX the PFCFX.dll runs tests and all fail except radio stack when the radio stack is the only thing hooked up. Then everything works fine except the com 1 and com 2 are swtiched for some reason. Com 2 is on top and com 1 is below.?

Peter Dowson
01-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Please see my ebay listing for this item.
I notice in the details you say:

In conjunction with FSUIPC4 software and the PFCFX.dll file, EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT THE MODE CONTROL PANEL. The mode control panel (MCP) controls the ADF, CRS, HDG, ALT, and OBS knobs on various instruments. I don't really know why as it's a very simple portion of the unit and it worked before. I assume this part of the machine is only compatible with Elite Software.

However, both the FSUIPC3 (PFC.DLL) and FSUIPC4 (PFCFSX.DLL) versions of my PFC drivers most certainly handle all those knobs correctly, as I can attest to with my Cirrus. You say it "worked before" and "only compatible with Elite", but the whole unit only works either with my driver OR with Elite depending on the mode it is switched to. The Elite protocol is completely incompatible with the official PFC protocol.

Incidentally, if you are only using the radio stack part it is best to turn off the connection checks (a checkbox on the initial PFC options screen).

COM1 and COM2 being switched must be down to a minor installation error inside the unit -- all radio units are interchangeable, with the function selected via jumpers on the little boards.

Regards
Pete

denialS
01-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Pete, thanks for the reply. I understand you are "the man" around here on this stuff so I'd like to take this opportunity to discuss this with you. :D

However, both the FSUIPC3 (PFC.DLL) and FSUIPC4 (PFCFSX.DLL) versions of my PFC drivers most certainly handle all those knobs correctly, as I can attest to with my Cirrus. You say it "worked before" and "only compatible with Elite", but the whole unit only works either with my driver OR with Elite depending on the mode it is switched to. The Elite protocol is completely incompatible with the official PFC protocol.

Perhaps the MCP doesn't work at all because I get no messages on the tab that shows the button events. Any ideas what to do? I used a basic CAT5 cable to go from the back of the console to the back of the radio stack and no luck. Even tried using a lesser used flat network cable from the radio stack and nothing. It seems that's all there is to that thing is knobs, a circuit board and all data flowing out that RJ45.

I
ncidentally, if you are only using the radio stack part it is best to turn off the connection checks (a checkbox on the initial PFC options screen).

Why?

COM1 and COM2 being switched must be down to a minor installation error inside the unit -- all radio units are interchangeable, with the function selected via jumpers on the little boards.

The radios are only switched when I have only the radio stack connected, but when I run the stack and the flight console radios are correct. I never made any changes to jumpers.

By the way, the only way I got this unit to work is to run serial out of the radio stack and serial out of the console to a dual serial to USB adapter. Then I'm using Eltima Serial Splitter to merge the two signals so that PFCFSX.dll can choose one COM port and still receive all data. The unit wouldn't work correctly when connected the way it was intended (if I got that right).

Peter Dowson
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Perhaps the MCP doesn't work at all because I get no messages on the tab that shows the button events. Any ideas what to do? I used a basic CAT5 cable to go from the back of the console to the back of the radio stack and no luck.
I'm not sure how that cable is wired, sorry. I certainly don't think it's an ordinary Cat5 type, just because it has those types of connectors on it. Did the cable come with the unit?

I would check for you, but I actually sold my Cirrus and radio stack and MCP attachment a while back. A lot cheaper than yours, but then I earned it by doing drivers for it which was only a hobby at the time in any case. I currently have one of their new USB jobs with motorised trim and the MCP knobs built it. I drive that with a new driver, PFCHid.dll, though. Iits protocol is completely new. They've moved on in the last few years.

Ask about electrical stuff over in the PFC forum. Eric or one his colleagues usually turns up to help, eventually.

Why?
So you aren't bothered by all the stuff it says doesn't work. ;-)

The radios are only switched when I have only the radio stack connected, but when I run the stack and the flight console radios are correct. I never made any changes to jumpers.

That's VERY strange, because the stuff from the radio stack is merely passed through the console, not changed. Another question for the hardware guys I guess.

By the way, the only way I got this unit to work is to run serial out of the radio stack and serial out of the console to a dual serial to USB adapter.

That's even stranger then, because the Cirrus has a pass-through for the radio stack, and a power connection too so both are operable together. Didn't you get any of the wiring supplied with your units?

Then I'm using Eltima Serial Splitter to merge the two signals so that PFCFSX.dll can choose one COM port and still receive all data. The unit wouldn't work correctly when connected the way it was intended (if I got that right).

Sorry then. I've no idea how that mess happens. I'm a software guy. Talk to PFC. You should have got it sorted when you got it. Even if you bought it second hand, they are pretty helpful. At worst you might have had to pay for new connecting cables.

Regards
Pete