PDA

View Full Version : LEDs for Goflight RP48 when FSUIPC programmed?

Tarzan737
12-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi!!

does anyone knows how to turn on the LEDs on Goflight RP48 when programmed in
FSUIPC.. i need that cause i using project magenta software (cdu/mcp and RJ cockpit) and cant use goflights software... (all switches and knobs are working fine)

regards//Tommy

Holclo
12-12-2010, 05:40 PM
I think you need to use "GFDisplay". There should be information about it in the FSUIPC User Guides.
Bill

Peter Dowson
12-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I think you need to use "GFDisplay". There should be information about it in the FSUIPC User Guides.
Bill
GFDisplay comes with some examples. Just lighting the LEDs on an RP48 is reasonably easy if you know the offsets and bits which trigger them -- the PM ones are all listed on their website.

I actually can't really support GFDisplay any more, mainly because I've not used it or dealt with it for years. Instead I'd recommend using the GoFlight library ("GFD") facilities in a Lua plug-in, running in FSUIPC itself. I implemented support there precisely because I thought GFDisplay to be rather obscure (arcane parameter structures), and unsupportable in the longer term.

If you need help with Lua plug-ins, I can certainly offer that -- more so than with GFDisplay. But please ask in my Support Forum.

Regards
Pete

Tarzan737
12-13-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi!! thanks for answer!! I tried pm offsets but i couldnt get it to work!! But i can try again!! I dont know anything about lua or lua plug in? Maybye that could be interesting if i can get it to work!! Best regards: Tommy

Tarzan737
12-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Hi!!

i just tried with offsets again but nothing happends...
not even the switch works that way...
on project magenta homepage it says its for fs98 2002....or something
im using FSX? is it old offsets?

i downloaded gfdisplay but it seems to be complicated... i just want a led to light
not be a rocket scientist...

someone who knows how to do??

Regards:Tommy

Peter Dowson
12-13-2010, 09:28 PM
i just tried with offsets again but nothing happends...
Since you never bother to say what you are "trying with offsets" I'm not surprised no one can help. Tell folks what you are doing.

on project magenta homepage it says its for fs98 2002....or something
im using FSX? is it old offsets?
Most of the more usual PM offsets have not changed since FS98 days, same as FSUIPC. It is called "compatibility".

i downloaded gfdisplay but it seems to be complicated... i just want a led to light
not be a rocket scientist...
I suggested you ask in my Support Forum -- but not about GFDisplay as I already explained. Just complaining that everything is too complicated for you is not going to help.

There are very recent threads and exaples of lighting the RP48 LEDs in Lua on my Support Forum right now, but you don't want to even look? It really is not complicated. (And in fact Rocket Science is surely not really complicated -- nowhere near as complicated as flying an aircraft. It's all a matter of lighting something which burns explosively, and pointing the result the opposite way you want to travel! <G>).

Regards
Pete

Tarzan737
12-14-2010, 03:54 AM
AHh!! I missed that about the other forum!! I will have a look when im home again!! Hope i can find something!! I just meant that im not so good in programming!! But i will try!!

Regards: Tommy