PDA

View Full Version : SIM - AVIONICs HELP WITH OFFSETS

cmdurney
12-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi,

Just purchased SA.
I cant for the life of me program FSUIPC offsets with SA. Ive read the manual but still dont understand how to program a toggle switch for -ENGINE FUEL CUTOFF.
I want to do this so I can start the 737 up from cold and dark.

Can someone pleasesesese explain the steps to do this.

There are some good Youtube videos for this but using PM systems

Thanks so much
Chris D

caKus
12-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Hi Chris,

A dedicated doc for FSUIPC programming comes with SA (FSUIPC Help.pdf). Did you have a look at it ? The great idea is that you can choose your offsets.

Let's suppose that you want to use a button of you joystick to toggle "Engine Left Fuel Control Switch".
1) First, you have to choose an offset for this function (see the doc for range of offsets available). I have choosen 5348.
2) Start SA server, open the FSUIPC I/O Interface tag.
3) Search for ENGINE_L_FUEL_CONTROL_SWITCH and modify the line to ENGINE_L_FUEL_CONTROL_SWITCH=5348. Press Save + ReLoad.
4) Go to FSUIPC parameters in FSX, buttons + switches tag. Program an Offset Byte Cycle inc. with Offset x5348 and parameter 1/1.

You did it. Be carefull, in the server FSUIPC I/O Interface, the first part of the list is about extenal command sent to SA. The second part (Output items) is relative to states sent by SA to external devices, for example a light of the overhead panel.

Patrick.

cmdurney
12-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Thanks Patrick.

Yep read manual,, only confused me more!
okay so i understand what you said but when im in FSUIPC under "buttons +switches tag" , and using your example of ENINE_L_FUEL_CONTROL_SWITCH:

Is there a "Offset Byte Cycle" option in drop down? (under Buttons +switches tag page)
What is the "x" i front of 5348 mean?
What does parameter 1/1 mean? (0=off, 1=on right?)
Thanks mate!

Chris

Hi Chris,

A dedicated doc for FSUIPC programming comes with SA (FSUIPC Help.pdf). Did you have a look at it ? The great idea is that you can choose your offsets.

Let's suppose that you want to use a button of you joystick to toggle "Engine Left Fuel Control Switch".
1) First, you have to choose an offset for this function (see the doc for range of offsets available). I have choosen 5348.
2) Start SA server, open the FSUIPC I/O Interface tag.
3) Search for ENGINE_L_FUEL_CONTROL_SWITCH and modify the line to ENGINE_L_FUEL_CONTROL_SWITCH=5348. Press Save + ReLoad.
4) Go to FSUIPC parameters in FSX, buttons + switches tag. Program an Offset Byte Cycle inc. with Offset x5348 and parameter 1/1.

You did it. Be carefull, in the server FSUIPC I/O Interface, the first part of the list is about extenal command sent to SA. The second part (Output items) is relative to states sent by SA to external devices, for example a light of the overhead panel.

Patrick.

caKus
12-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Is there a "Offset Byte Cycle" option in drop down? (under Buttons +switches tag page)
=> Yes, in the comboBox on the right side "Control sent when button pressed" : browse it, you will find it. Be patient, there are thousand of controls ! they are in alphabetic order.

What is the "x" i front of 5348 mean?
-> x stands for hexadecimal : digits from o to F.

What does parameter 1/1 mean? (0=off, 1=on right?)
It' a special parameter for cyclic value : increment value / maximum value :
the cycle starts with 0 ; each time you press the button, it increments by 1 (the first 1 of 1/1). When maximum is reached (the second 1) it goes back to zero. 1/1 means toggle between o and 1.

cmdurney
12-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Thanks Mate , helped a lot!!!
;)