PDA

View Full Version : Selling my sim / baby on the way!

No Longer Active
11-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi All,

As some of you may know, my girlfriend is pregnant (20 weeks so far) and has just come back from the 20 week scan knowing that it is going to be a boy, now I can be a real geek and watch airplanes with my son lol!

But the sim is taking up valuable space in my tiny flat and the money could be well spent on some nice things for my baby.....

So, sadly the sim has to go, the money that the sim makes is going to an excellent cause, and hopefully when I get a bigger house I can rebuild my simulator dreams.

My entire sim will be going on ebay just before xmas, should any of you express an interest in my sim, then by all means I am open to offers.....

I will start the sim off at 99p and will run the auction for 10 days, I do have a price in mind which I would kind of like to achieve, but again open for offers on here before I commence bidding......

Thanks for reading.......

Alexander Jarratt....

KEEPERCDN
11-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Hey Alex

Congrats on the little, and hope you can still talk and chat and maybe there is a smaller version out there for you so you can fly with you son.

Also do you have any images of you sim?

Jordan Farmer
11-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Shame to see it go, but im sure it will go to a great home! Maybe a few pics would be nice to tickle our senses :P

U also need to clear ur PM box ;) again!

Cheers,

Jordan

No Longer Active
11-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi this is what some lucky person will bid for:

http://alexpilot.50g.com/mipwithgoflights.jpg

I will always be here, the GA forum has my name on it (really it does, I put this here lol).....

Maybe I will build a small version for the baby, his own simulator (if I have anything to do with it lol)........

Thanks for the kind words,

Alex

No Longer Active
11-20-2010, 03:46 PM
PM box emptied (too many people PM me lol)....

Alex

Matt Olieman
11-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Well, I guess congratulations are in order to you and your girlfriend. :) :) :) I wish you and your girlfriend all the happiness with a newborn on it's way.

Matt Olieman

No Longer Active
11-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your kind words Matt, a 9 year old girl plus a newborn, enough to keep me going totally!

Alex

AK Mongo
11-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Congrats Alex!

Neil Hewitt
11-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Fantastic news, Alex! I guess some things are worth giving up a sim for :-)

Hope you get what you are looking for on the sim - it's a real work of craftsmanship, especially knowing the lengths you've had to go to build the thing with zero workspace!

NH

kermit
11-21-2010, 04:51 AM
Hi Alex , congrats on your newborn,
Well for 99 p I will take it :)
greetz

No Longer Active
11-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi thanks for all the kind words.

The way I see it is; I know how to build a sim and make it work, I know how to interface and how to program things within a GA sim. My bedroom hasn't got enough for a sim, and a baby (and cot etc etc), so one has to go (and no its not the baby lol).....

I have accomplished what I started out to do, and the actual reality of flying it was slim due to the fact from the very day one I had knowhere to fly it anyway. Unfortunately. I don't live with mummy and daddy and cannot afford to rent a bigger house, but when the day does come, you know I will have my own little sim area, and one day you will open up the GA forum and see 'my new sim' or something like that....

Anyway, interest in my sim has a new owner!

That's all I will say for now!

;)

Geremy Britton
11-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Alex, congratulations. With all the ingenuity and craftsmanship behind the sim i've seen you produce from scratch surely theres a way to make the sim double up as a cot? :p A quick flip of the glareshield and pop him whilst you have a fly perhaps??

Not as 'off the wall' as you might think, due to the fact if theres not enough room due to the LCD screens behind you can always drill a hole in them ... LOL :mrgreen:

Stay in contact with us all mate, and all the best from me

No Longer Active
11-21-2010, 08:04 AM
"Drilling a hole".....................those were the days! wink wink......

JWS
11-21-2010, 09:53 AM
"Drilling a hole".....................those were the days! wink wink......

Well, not very carefully anyway. wink wink

But congrats of course, shame that this other baby has to move (can't you store it with mum and dad)? Good to hear you will be around.

Lots of luck & happiness for the both of you.

JWS

Ronson2k9
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Congrats again Alex. Sad to see that hard work go on the block but Family before self. When you have one keep saying that over and over again. It's that little voice that yells at you as your walking through your local pilot shop.. hehehe. Shouldn't be to long though before you're back at it with your lad though. We're all just big kids anyway so I'm sure he'll have the bug before to long.

On a serious note. Before you sell take lots of pics and document as much as you can about your build. This will do a few things. One show your son what you are capable of and 2 what he is capable of. I'm sure it won't take long for the bug to hit again..

Best of luck on your sale.
Ron

ian@737ng.co.uk
11-21-2010, 02:32 PM
congrats alex......
you're in a 'mid life crisis' :o
that's between sims.....
i started with a desktop sim, had two beautiful girls
and ended up with what i have today.
you'll have another, better setup, it's just evolution mate.
hope all goes ok and say hello to mum from me :o
rgds

ian

Nick1150
11-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey Alex,

Congrats for the baby man... I have two daughters and I know how you must be feeling... On the one hand happy for the baby, and sad for the sim... but you know what ? Beleive me, I've been there... The virus is in you man.. you will re-build sooner than you think so, even if it's in the bathroom LOL !!! You will find the way Alex...

I know what I'm talking about... back in 2003 I sold my loved 6 meters RIB (boat) because I needed the cash, when my girlfriend then, my wife now, was pregnant too. On way or another I found my self soon with a 6 month baby and a RIB too :) When there is will there is a way ;)

No Longer Active
11-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks for all the kind words,

You all know me too well, you have seen me build quite a few sims over the years, with each getting a lot better along the way!

My house is too small for all of us now, and I am looking at renting a bigger house by taking on more hours at work and maybe promoting myself up the career ladder (I have to now!).....

We have this scheme called HomeBuy in the UK and is looking to get into this scheme and hopefully have a garden with either a shed or a garage, or even a loft.....im not fussed as long as it is kind of warm, secure and has power!

But as I said....''im not going anywhere''.....Im always here, just with a pile of baby clothes, boxes of nappies and a dismantled cot where my sim usually is.......

Thanks to all, thank you....

Alex

cjellwood
11-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Congratulations Alex!

But I am selling my baby because there is a sim on the way :)

Chris