PDA

View Full Version : Flight Deck Solutions compability?

Marcus
11-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Hello!

We are a (non-profit) aviation museum in Sweden which are about to start building an A320 simulator. At the moment we wishes to use your software together with Flight Deck Solutions hardware.

Now we're wondering if it is possible to use your FMGS software together with Flight Deck Solutions interface and hardware? We're most concerned about the FCU, EFIS and MCDUs. As they arrive Plug-n-Play USB (for AST and PM) with InterfaceIT.

As from what I have understood, the FDS InterfaceIT are able to send to FSUIPC or as keystrokes in different ways.

Thanks in advanced!

Best regards
Marcus

jeehell
11-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi,

For the time, the FCU and both EFIS from FDS are compatible with my software, through a dedicated module available in the download package.
As for the MCDUs, I'm currently working on it. I will get the chance to test the real unit soon (next week hopefully) on one of my "customers" setup. I'll release the module after testing.

If you've already tried my software, you must have noticed the FO side is not implemented yet. But it is possible to use two units as clones.

As for interfaceIT, never tried, I'll test it next week too hopefully, and eventually make the changes required to make it compatible.

Cheers,
JL

Marcus
11-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the quick answer! Now when you mentioned it I spotted the FDS glare module. I must have missed that before. Yes, I've tried the software a couple of times and it looks great!

The MCDUs will do just fine as clones, they are still quite some time in the future as well since the project still is in a kind of a planning-stage right now.

Sounds great!

Best regards
Marcus

OmniAtlas
01-01-2014, 05:16 AM
Does anyone know which FDS modules are now supported by the jeehell software?

Does GLARE and all the MIP switches work?

jeehell
01-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi,

All modules are supported.

JL