PDA

View Full Version : Sids/Stars

Martin Cumming
11-18-2010, 07:20 AM
How do I decide which Sid or Star to use?

Simon FSC
11-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi, normally if you are playing online and the airport is manned by someone, it will be the ATC that will give you the clearance and the SID to follow.
Same procedure it will be for the STAR if you have an ATC avaiable.

If no ATC is available, you will decide on your own what SID / STAR to use. Normally choose the one, after obviously having checked the runway in use, that is clooser to your next waypoint.

Just to give you an idea, if you are flying from Milan to Rome, you will need a SID that makes you go in south direction instead of sending you north into Switzerland :D

Ciao :D

rjvcarvalho
11-18-2010, 06:43 PM
That is easy, atc, if not available every route must start on the last point of a sid and end on the first point of a star.

Simon FSC
11-18-2010, 06:48 PM
That is easy, atc, if not available every route must start on the last point of a sid and end on the first point of a star.

That is true, but it also depends how you plan your flight. Not all programs (for example fsnavigator, vroute etc) create a correct flight plan, so the entry and exit routes are not always correct according to active SIDs or STARS.

rjvcarvalho
11-18-2010, 06:55 PM
That is true, but it also depends how you plan your flight. Not all programs (for example fsnavigator, vroute etc) create a correct flight plan, so the entry and exit routes are not always correct according to active SIDs or STARS.

Vroute has option for real world flight plan, does will always be good flight plans, as of fsnavigator don't even know what that is, my fs navigator is enroute charts plus fmc.

Simon FSC
11-18-2010, 07:26 PM
yes but consider that normally they are not real flight plans, they're always inserted by users ;)
fsnavigator is (or at least was) the most used program in the world after fsuipc :D

Ciao ;)
I see you are 298013 on IVAO, i'm 101501, i'm sligtly older on online flights ahahah :D

rjvcarvalho
11-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Ciao ;)
I see you are 298013 on IVAO, i'm 101501, i'm sligtly older on online flights ahahah :D

Meaning what??

Simon FSC
11-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Meaning what??

Nothing don't worry, just mean that it may be that you don't know old programs, it's normal ;)
Things are much easier now.. ages ago people couldn't rely on all the programs and fmc as today :)

rjvcarvalho
11-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Nothing don't worry, just mean that it may be that you don't know old programs, it's normal ;)
Things are much easier now.. ages ago people couldn't rely on all the programs and fmc as today :)

You bet, that is why i started flying vfr then vor/ndb and then modern jets, trust me i just need a needle to fly.