PDA

View Full Version : [Discussion] Multi Crew Cockpit VS Single seat Cockpit !!

SU-GGG Dispatcher
11-13-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm planning to make a DIY cockpit , not for a specific aircraft .. but a generally cockpit with most components just to simulate the aviation ..

I searched in details the visual system , because its cues effects the awareness directly , and i found that collimated display is so expensive & hard to install .. So , for overcoming the angular disparity problem in the visual system of a multi crew cockpit , i though of a single seat cockpit ( Like F-16 , but a general aviation cockpit * Seat - behind - Seat * ) , and the co-pilot's seat maybe located behind the captain's .. just like most fighters .. but i'am afraid that i become happy with my single-seat cockpit then i regret that i didn't make a multi-crew cockpit ( Seat - beside - Seat ) ...

So , i need thoughts and how you feel of both , is it enough for simulating a joy aviation a Single seat cockpit with no visual errors and a motion platform & at end a good , correct sound-visual-motion cues .. or a Multi-crew with visual errors and a motion platform that would be not so convincing at all ???

Do u have thoughts to overcome the angular disparity problem in Multi-crew Cockpit's visual projected system ???

at end , i'am sorry for my bad english :o

oal331
11-14-2010, 04:22 AM
If you don't want to have a replica cockpit of any type of aircraft, but a generic one
If you have visitors/co-pilots 2-3 times a year and you fly alone

Go to make a single seat generic cockpit and enjoy it from the first day!!

Take a look here, this is a single seat 737 cockpit from another flightsimmer here in MyCockpit : http://www.webtimaal.demon.nl/index.html

Regards

Eddie