PDA

View Full Version : potentiometer help

cessnatyler
11-07-2010, 02:49 AM
I am planning to take my CH yoke and turn it into a Cessna 152 portable desktop console. To keep things very simple I would like to use all the same buttons and potentiometers and the same circuit board to get the usb connection. I took it apart and realized the potentiometers still had the same throw from being in the CH config even after calibrating. So I was wondering if that is as far as they will turn and be able to pick up rotary movement? I have heard of FSUIPC, would that be able to override the CH internals to give me rotations anywhere from 180 degrees to say 30 that the computer can see? A free ware program would be nice as i dont know if the whole thing is going to turn out ok.

AK Mongo
11-07-2010, 03:42 AM
Don't know specifically abut those pots, but I know you can plug others that will work into the wiring and they will do just fine. I did that with some slide pots in my TPM controls and replaced the three little levers on top.

If you can't make the ch pots work, and I suspect you will be able to, less than $20 at Radioshack will buy you three that will.

Have you tried calibrating them through windows instead of the CH program? Try that and see if you get a different answer.

No Longer Active
11-07-2010, 08:08 AM
CH pots work in a completely different way to how we would generally hook them up to our I/O cards, as the CH pots are wired up differently, you would have to really investigate as to how you will fully interface your portable sim! Good luck!