PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 650 cockpit, panel and pedestal

baali
10-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Dear MyCockpit,

I would like to request this awesome community's help because we are quite stuck with our home cockpit. After long months of building beta versions and trying the switches and the methods of how to build our pit we finally decided what airplane to model :D We started from a bold C130 hercules pit through several other turboprops to the cessna conquest, then decided to forget about Courchevel and Lukla :) and ride the jet line starting with the citation x, then calming down and realizing full glass cockpit is not really what we want arriving to the cessna citation II. Not mentioning the several other planes we tried.

The problem is we love to fly in MCC (multi crew) and the citation II even without the SP modification is already almost single pilotable (is this even a word? :D). All the switches located on the left side.

So a few weeks ago we discovered the cessna 650 which is almost like our version but with all the important switches located in the middle on and around the pedestal.

Example:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Swarovski-(Tyrolean-Jet/Cessna-650-Citation/0777318/L/&sid=287f3f7a015ce2123bb3cc996dc14a8b

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(Solid-Air)/Cessna-650-Citation/1621256/L/&sid=a684e313dd098052317ecf663c23fe5a

Unfortunately there were not many planes built with this kind of layout, and we just can't find proper information about it. I wrote to the owners of some good airliners pictures, but I'm not sure that would be enough for a good cockpit.

So the long introduction was also a welcome everyone wall of text, cause I'll try to keep you guys updated about our pit :) We always forget to make pictures cause when we have the time to build it we're too busy and cant put down the screwdivers :D

My question is:

Could anyone help me find information about these cessna 650 cockpits? Any pdf or detailed pictures, or where to look for such data?

Thank you and regards

Balazs

Adino
10-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Bettr late than..;)
http://www.pdfgeni.com/book/citation-650-pdf.html

baali
10-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Hi,

its not late at all :)

We had some progress since the op. We stayed with the 650 and have the basic wood frame and the autocad plans for all the panels. However we are still missing a couple switches on the middle trapezoid main switchboard.

We actually have 2 of these planes in Hungary, and know almost everyone on the airports but their owner just doesnt let us on the plane to make a single photo of that panel :(

They say and I quote:

"if you want to see one, buy one"

So well we are stuck with those switches.

ztheged
11-12-2011, 04:04 PM
If you still need any information on the 650 - or e.g. the aircraft based in Budapest - I can probably help you.. I am currently flying the 650 type, and I've also flown one of the aircraft in Hungary in the past years.. Send me an e-mail and let me know what you might need. You can also write in Hungarian ;)

Farkaskoma
11-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi !

The ultimate question: SÖR? :grin:

Nem találom az e-mail címed a profil alatt. PM-be elküldöm az enyimet

Gábor