PDA

View Full Version : LCD Monitor(s) and Hardware solution

mach7
10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Hello,

I am thinking about using a very small monitor for my ADI and HSI information, surrounded by steam driven (flight illusion) Altimeter, Airspeed indicator, and Vertical speed information.

I am not too sure if I can get a monitor small enough to allow room for the hardware instruments (?).

Can anyone tell me the smallest monitor and where I can purchase for such an application?

I would rather fill the holes in my panel with real steam driven instruments....but I don't suppose they make a realistic airline ADI and HSI that is plug and play....or do they ??

Thank you for your time

-Jim

Jordan Farmer
10-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Hmm, well, the only place i can think of that would make small LCD monitors is Earth LCD, google it. But they are extremely expensive, and are wayy out of many builders budget range. Another option i guess is to try and convert a PSone screen, there have been mixed results with this, i havnt ever tried it myself, but i know of people on here who have done it successfully! Just try googling it, and you can find out some more info ;) Good luck on the build chap

Jordan

golfbravo
10-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Jim,

Another manufacturer of small LCD modules that comes to mind is Accellevision (Accelle Electronics). They may be a bit cheaper than Earth LCD, but I would expect that not all of their products are up to the quality and specifications of the Earth LCD modules (brightness/resolution/viewing angles, etc.). Many of their modules only take a TV input (NTSC or PAL signal), but you can use those if you have a graphics card with an NTSC Video or PAL output, or use some sort of third-party adapter. Beware that the horizontal resolution of the video signal only modules is not as high as the VGA/WVGA modules. Still worth looking into. To find a vendor selling these products, just find the product number for the module(s) that you are interested in and Google that number. You should find several vendors in the US (and probably a few in Canada).

http://www.iatft.com/Pages/lcd_modules.htm

Hope this helps!

Gerald

castle
10-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Check out www.avionicslcd.com.

JW

jan_eddh
08-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Hi Jim,

Check out the guys at www.Simmeters.com (http://www.Simmeters.com). They have USB connectable EADI and EHSI on small TFT's, I have purchased them for my sim and they are quite beautiful.

Cheers,

Jan