PDA

View Full Version : Usual ATC services in your country ???

Nick1150
10-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi,

It would be very useful for all of us to know where and especialy when ATC is active in everyone's country, so that we can always find Center or Approach ATC services when we fly.

So I thought if everyone here states the usual ATC service hours in his country we may be able to always fly online depending on the free time we all have.

I would suggest a general rule... Let's speak in zulu time and also why not give one or two usual flight plans, that could be handy ;)

Nick1150
10-24-2010, 10:12 AM
So I go first...

In my country, Greece, usualy Sunday, Monday and Friday afternoons and nights (after 17:00 Zulu), one can find ATC services at Athens airport (LGAV), less often Athens Control (LGGG_CTR again after 17:00 Zulu), and sometimes Thessaloniki approach (LGTS_APP usualy after 19:00 Zulu).

For a strange reason, one can find ATC services of the above ATC locations at noon time too (usualy after 12:00 Zulu) during working days, but stay online only for an hour or two.

Usual Flights plans you can use are the following:

LGAV - LGTS ( Athens - Thessaloniki )
ALTITUDE: FL240
ROUTE OF FLIGHT: NEVRA Z507 OSMOS
ALTERNATIVE AIRPORT: LGKV

LGTS - LGAV ( Thessaloniki - Athens )
ALTITUDE: FL230
ROUTE OF FLIGHT: LEKPO B1 ABLON
ALTERNATIVE AIRPORT: LGIO

There are many FPs I can give, but LGAV and LGTS are the biggest Greek airports with ILS approach. It would be very ineterested for all of us to know when ATC services is online (Zulu time please) so we may visit and fly online.