PDA

View Full Version : Moving to a NEW server.

Matt Olieman
10-07-2010, 04:22 PM
We've outgrown our server and it's time for us to go to the next level.

Hard disk space was getting crowded and memory during busy times has caused hiccups in the system.

The new server is a dedicated server, so no sharing. The system will be more than quadruple in size and performance. It will have a continues backup system, which is one of my greatest concerns.

Unfortunate part of this is, the expense, that's also quadrupled. :( We're OK for awhile, but we'll have to find more income...... Someway or another.....

The server is still with our current provider, so the move should go quickly. It will be done within the next several days. So if you can't get on, you know why. Once switched over and running, you will notice a significant improvement in performance.

I appreciate your patience. :)

Matt Olieman

Matt Olieman
10-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Just to keep you up to date. The change over process has begun. Expect interruptions.

Again, I thank you for your patience.

BTW, I just finished doing the MyCockpit.org YTD October analysis and as of end October YTD we are at a 63.33% increase in Unique visitors compared to last year. The interest in our hobby is growing tremendously.

Matt Olieman

Matt Olieman
10-10-2010, 05:34 PM
10 October 2010 17:25 PM EDT
I THINK WE GOT IT.

I can't apologize enough, I had no idea it would take this long. But in the end, I believe this will be well worth it.

Again my apologies and please keep your fingers crossed.

AK Mongo
10-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Great job Matt!

Did not realize how often I check this place, until it was gone for a weekend!

Probably have to start donating more $$$ to keep it growing!

Reid

Matt Olieman
10-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Great job Matt!

Reid

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ronson2k9
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I love what you've done with the place.. So much more room.. You've opened it up nicely .. :) Great to see you back. I too missed this site. I'm here every day and not being able to come here really had me well.. I'm so very glad your back up..

Nick1150
10-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Great job Matt!

ReidOhhh man you are in my mind..... :roll:

Wendy
10-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the new server. It's a whole new experience, very fast.

Don't bother that the site was down for the weekend, we have survived (hardly ;) ). I know what a difficult job this is and you never know what to expect, unless you start moving it.

Job well done, congratulations

Regards, Wendy

vybhav
10-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Thanks all for the support. It seems at this stage we have finally completed the transfer. But if you notice any difficulties please do let us know so we can identify the problem and arrest it.

Again thanks for the support, hopefully are all set for a new wave of growth.

Regards

ian@737ng.co.uk
10-11-2010, 07:37 AM
hmmm......surprised you missed it Vybhav. your's and Matt's signature banners are missing.
nice to have you back, i was fed up reading the BBC news site :o
have a great day......
rgds ... ian

vybhav
10-11-2010, 07:40 AM
I am surprised I missed it too. I think the last few days I have trained my self only to look above "top" part of the site as that is where the errors orginated.. But noted and will be actioned.

Regards
Vybhav

Matt Olieman
10-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Photo Gallery's uploading is working now. Sorry it took so long.

Hopefully no more errors :)

Matt Olieman

Nick1150
10-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi again,

There must be a problem with the default Thread Subscription Mode.. I used to get e-mails on a new reply on subscription subjects, now I don't.. Is it only me or it happened to others too ?

Nick

RobiD
10-13-2010, 07:37 AM
No, you're not alone Nick.

I am now not getting emails regarding new messages being posted in threads I have subscribed to.

David

fsaviator
10-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Ditto on the emails... please get them back... those emails are like "crack". It's the first thing I look for in my inbox each morning. :)

Matt Olieman
10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Ditto on the emails... please get them back... those emails are like "crack". It's the first thing I look for in my inbox each morning. :)

This is a mail server issue and we/system administrators are working on this problem.

Matt Olieman

Ronson2k9
10-13-2010, 02:30 PM
I can't seem to bring up pages in Google Chrome. Firefox works fine. But when using chrome it times out and then gives the aw-snap thingy. I don't quite know what can be causing it? Firefox is working fine with it so far though.

Cheers
Ron

Matt Olieman
10-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I can't seem to bring up pages in Google Chrome. Firefox works fine. But when using chrome it times out and then gives the aw-snap thingy. I don't quite know what can be causing it? Firefox is working fine with it so far though.

Cheers
Ron

Hi Ron, sorry you're having problems. I use Chrome 99.99% of the time and have not had problems as you so described.

Matt Olieman

vybhav
10-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Hi Ron, sorry you're having problems. I use Chrome 99.99% of the time and have not had problems as you so described.

Matt Olieman

Ron, I checked with Chrome and seems to be working fine for me too. May be you should try clearing the cache and cookies

Regards

Nick1150
10-14-2010, 03:18 AM
Hey,

I just received an e-mail !!!!!

Thanks Mat,

:D

FFFFFFFF business as usual from now :cool:

JWS
10-14-2010, 04:57 AM
Hey,

FFFFFFFF business as usual from now :cool:

Not yet, Matt is still battling some things. And we don't have our signatures back. But it will come.

JWS

Ronson2k9
10-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Ron, I checked with Chrome and seems to be working fine for me too. May be you should try clearing the cache and cookies

Regards

Good point .. Seems to be working fine for me too now. I was having that problem with about 3 sites yesterday. Yes I know but I have to go to those other sites.. hehe

Matt Olieman
10-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Anybody NOT getting MyCockpit.org post notifications by email?

Matt Olieman