PDA

View Full Version : Recommended plug and play MCP for Sim-Avionics?

HondaCop
09-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Just wondering what MCP you guys recommend to be used in conjunction with Sim-Avionics? I really liked the one by Sismo but then I would have to buy IO cards for it. I rather just buy plug and play USB version. What you guys recommend?

caKus
10-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Hi Efrain,

I am using OpenCockpit MCP with SA and I am satisfied. But it is not exactly plug and play ! No problem with the USB connection, but you need a script SIOC witch is not provided. Several guys (including me) will be pleased to share their script with you, but perhaps you will have to adapt the script to you own configuration and you will have to get a little understanding of SIOC programming.

Regards.
Patrick.

lipq2009
10-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Hello caKus,

thanks for your sharing idea.
One question: I wish to buy the MCP B737 v.2 from Opencockpits expecially to be used with my PMDG B737... but I wish to use it - adapt with all other planes when I'm moving out home with my laptop.
Do you think is it possible to adapt the MCP with all other default planes and pay addon like Flight1 or Eaglesoft ?

Thank you
regards
Andrew

caKus
10-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Andrew,

OpenCockpit, for its 737 MCP, provides a script for PMDG and another one for standard FS (and a few others). Personnaly, I use this MCP with the Cessna 172 and the standard script and it works alright : funcionnalities are reduced compared with the 737 :) but you can set the heading , the altitude and VS. I think you can use it also with other standard FS aircrafts.

About Flight1 and Eaglesoft, I don't have these add-on, so cann't answer for sure, but I am a bit reluctant to believe it will work. You need to be able to link each command of the MCP in the add-on to an offset FSUIPC and I don't think that many add-on offer this feature.

Best regards.
Patrick.

Nick1150
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I use the CPflight MCP737EL for 6 months now. I do not think that there is a more PnP MCP out there than the CP. I am very happy I choosed this device for my home cockpit.

Regards

Nick