PDA

View Full Version : Why is not possible to have a CDU working like PMDG or iFly?

RobertVdb
09-12-2010, 10:30 AM
I have ever seen problems with the CDU and whenever one problem was solved in a new build another appears. Can you imagine that we all the time have to revert to very old builds in order to have a suffciently working PM system.
Since a while I have this phenomenon (see picture) and build 480 is doing nothing about that. I am really jealous when I see all IVAO pilots (using PMDG, IFLY, Wilco, etc.) following nicely the path of the flightplan (the green path in my picture) whereas I fly like a drunkard.
Also my CDU 480 is now so unstable that the speeds changes regularly in approach from the given speed of e.g. 180kts via 300kts to 250 kts. Also, the speed has up to now never changed gradually in between waypoints with given speed. Approaching using VNAV is killing you for sure.
When I activate now VNAV after take off the speed suddenly drops to 140 kts and after a while it jumps then to the expected speed of 250kts.
The combo CDU/MCP/GC 480 seems to be again a disaster. As usual, we have to go back to some old builds.
Regards:evil:
Rob

Sean Nixon
09-12-2010, 12:37 PM
The combo CDU/MCP/GC 480 seems to be again a disaster. As usual, we have to go back to some old builds.

It appears there are a few threads about PM since 480 was released. Is PM the only software that doesn't have it's own support forum? What are they hiding from?

RobertVdb
09-15-2010, 01:01 PM
What are they hiding from?

Customers that didn't pay enough!

bagarie
09-15-2010, 03:13 PM
That's one of the reason I'm not completely revert to PM. I'm stay yet on PMDG.
I want to pay for a "real" addon, but what I'm looking for is a software that responds like a real aircraft with no little bug or issue like the VNAV.

This is my opinion
Arnaldo

JWS
09-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Also my CDU 480 is now so unstable that the speeds changes regularly in approach from the given speed of e.g. 180kts via 300kts to 250 kts. Also, the speed has up to now never changed gradually in between waypoints with given speed. Approaching using VNAV is killing you for sure.
When I activate now VNAV after take off the speed suddenly drops to 140 kts and after a while it jumps then to the expected speed of 250kts.
Regards:evil:
Rob

Rob,

I've reported this last weekend to PM support (and some other things as well). Yes it's annoying but I hope you also relay this to support yourself.

JWS

hercules
09-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Hello together,

yes it is frustrating what happens with PM! Before about 3 Years i converted from PMDG to PM, because i started to build a cockpit. I thought PM need just some month to get the same features than PMDG and the suite will be also stable like PMDG. But now, after long time, the development of PM is frustrating. All the new software suites (simavionics and so on) are very nice and every day are new features available.it is embarrassing that after so long time things like
CWS
crasy Routes on ND
strange A/T behaviors
NAVDATA-problems
many missing CDU messages
wrong STAR/SID selection
wrong TOD/ TOC calculation
bad holdings

are not fixed and solved. Its true when you say that each new build brings new bugs. i just had to revert to builds from 2009.

In my mind i believe PM is no more interesting in satisfied customers. It is just a question of time, and they will lost many customers. A brand new PMDG is coming out soon, and it will have a SDK for hardware interfacing. Have a look to prosim 737 which is a free of charge suite with an amazing system logic.Need some more month and it will be much better than PM. These are just examples.

I think its time to wake up PM, or you will lost your leadership. You cant keep warm your customers.

I hope that not so many new builders spent money in PM to get a frozen suite.

Regards

Thomas

JWS
09-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Thomas,

I agree that is is frustrating and it does make you wonder what PM really wants with it's customers. A couple of years ago they raised their prices a lot and there were rumours they would withdraw from the sim hobby market and concentrate on the professional market. Then PM stated that this was not the case and that customers would be getting support. If the FMC is the same for both markets then they will get into trouble for sure.

As said on this forum before, if you/we want to wake up PM, it's necessary to mail them and be outspoken about your complaints. I do and hope others do as well.

JWS

mmakela
09-20-2010, 01:31 AM
I guess they are working with 737 now, because A3xx is holding right now.
Not even answers of my mails. They have concentrated on A3xx I guess many months,
but this had to be done. 737 was so much better. I don't understand newest problems
thought. I can blame many of problems for FSX which seemed to bit a big unstable disappointment.
This is one of the reasons the aces team had to go.
Please have good manners when contact PM support. I can be difficult when one is so frustrated.

RobertVdb
09-29-2010, 09:02 AM
I always send polite messages to PM support, but I never receive any answers.
To give you an example, this was the message I have sent on last Monday

Dear support,
Dear Enrico,
I have since several builds problems with the CDU and the last version seems even to be very unstable.
All the issues are too long to tell in this mail. I found out that some old build seems to satisfy the best at the moment, so, I still remain with CDU build 406.
However, I have since some time the effect as shown in the picture (overshooting red path instead of the green path as before)
I have the impression that something internal changed which is irreversible.
Do there exist some parameter(s) that can be changed in order to have the path back as before.
I have the impression that each turn is good in de beginning but tends to end too slowly. This is very dramatic when waypoints are close.
Hoping to receive an answer I remain.
Best regards

So far, no sign.
Rob