PDA

View Full Version : Mini projectors ?

Nick1150
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I was thinking that those new mini size projectors are perfect for on glareshield mounting. It seems too easy in my eyes, light construction, and one can avoid messing with wall or ceiling mounting. 3 of them would do the job.

Has anyone tried this ?

jskibo
09-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I have one (LG LED model)) in my girls room for their wii. Nice for that as it is 800 x 600 res. It is bright when you can fully control the light and that was shocking for such low lumens. Colors really pop out too. Biggest issue is no zoom and limited mouting area (if you go beyond 9 or 10 ft to get a large image, the focus goes to **** and there is no focus ring on them.

If you glare mount it the picture will be from the glare up, if you glare and aim down to get a lower image you will likely exceed the keystone correction ability of these. Also you will get a very small image unless your screen is 7 or 8 feet back from your glare.

They do run cooler, and bulb life is great (a huge concern in a 11 and 7 year old's room), but they need a few more years of development.

Nick1150
09-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Thanks jskibo for your reply :D

My problem is that my roof is sloped since the cockpit is on the top floor of my home, so installing the projectors on the ceiling is too difficult because of the difference in height between the 3 projectors. I am researching for a glare mount and possibly a behind the MIP and below the glareshield mount to be more accurate. With that said the projectors must be as small as possible and the throw as short as possible too, in order to achieve the desired outcome.n Otherwise, I am going for 3 monitors at the end.....

Difficult decisions to be made, and all of them costs thousands $$$$$ !!!!

:p

Matt Olieman
09-06-2010, 08:55 AM
New projectors are coming out rather quickly, with higher resolution and much less expensive than current models. There are limitations with the LED models but some are quite surprising they are cooler, less expensive and last longer and are now available.

Just as an example.... check out this projector.... 100,000:1 ratio and 1000 lumens (50,000 hour life for the bulb). The technology is changing.

Matt Olieman

Nick1150
09-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Just as an example.... check out this projector.... 100,000:1 ratio and 1000 lumens (50,000 hour life for the bulb). The technology is changing.

Matt OliemanHi Matt thanks for the reply,

you did not mention the projector model

Matt Olieman
09-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Matt thanks for the reply,

you did not mention the projector model

TruVue VANGO™
eeColor Home Cinema System

Don't know the price, but this is just an indication the direction of new projector technology is going. You can get a projector with same specs as 3 years ago for $3,000 but now only $300.

Matt Olieman