PDA

View Full Version : iVap on WideFS (FS9)+ Squawkbox Online traffic problem ????

fvefa
08-18-2010, 07:00 AM
1-Is it possible to install iVap on second PC with WideFS in FS9?

2- On other thread i saw that VATSIM-Squawkbox has problem if you install it on second PC. Its said that you cant see the all Online traffic ?????

Ferdi Vefa

pdpo
08-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Hi there,

ivap consists out of three functions :
1) ivap server
2) ivap user interface
3) ivap FS interface
the FS interface is situated in the modules directory and runs therefore in the FS computer itself.
the server and the user interface can be run on a second computer without any problem an normally no need for widefs
why do I say normally, well, together with the userinterface (i think) runs also the teamspeak and I use the widefs to get
a joystick button on the fs pc attached to the teamspeak push-to-talk button.

when starting the ivap this is the sequence :
1) start FS (FS-PC)
2) start the ivap server (ivap-PC)
3) go into the ivap menu in FS to start ivap (FS-PC) (this will trigger the creation og the multiplayer session on the ivap-PC)
4) start the ivap user interface (ivap-PC)
5) in the FS menu connect to the multiplayer session (which resides on the ivap-pc)
6) connect to the ivao network
7) fly ..... :-)

this setup has the advantage that the ivap sounds are on the second PC and that in heavy traffic
airports the ivap uses the CPU of the second PC (iso eating the FS needed CPU cycles)

I have not too mush experience with vatsim but I had it also on the second pc and not on the FS pc
but cant remember how exactly i installed it.
What i do remember is that squawkbox created also a multiplayer session on the second pc but somehow
triggered fs to connect to it automaticaly (something i have suggested to the ivap developper too)

Greetz Peter

Sean Nixon
08-18-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm not 100% certain that having Squawkbox on a different PC leads to problems with seeing other traffic. I run it this way, an there's only twice I've not seen an aircraft, it was the same person at two different airports within a couple of hours of each other on the same night. A friend of mine who also runs SB4 on a seperate PC could see this aircraft. Strange!

fvefa
06-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Hi again,
i still have the problem with SB. RAndomly Host removes me from session. But SB remains connected i can talk to ATC seen on Radar etc. Only the other planes are not there. On FS menu also i am connected to Multiplayer. But the connection window is blank. The IP adress is 127.0.0.1 or blank. If i enter the second machines IP manually then everything works perfect again till next Host remove ????