PDA

View Full Version : SAITEK YOKES

manhattan
07-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Anybody notice that the Saitek yoke has a rather large dead area before the control surfaces start to move? Because of this, it's difficult to hold a steady course, or line up for landing! There must be 10 degrees of yoke movement before anything happens!
Is it because the yokes are cheap, or is there a trick with FSUIPC that will overcome this problem?
If I can't fix this, is there a particular yoke that does not have this problem?

All help appreciated.

TONY

Sean Nixon
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi Tony

When you calibrate the yokes, either in Windows or FSUIPC, does any of the 'dead area' get recognised, i.e. can you see the raw data values change? If not, then I suspect it really is dead area.

Does it happen on both your yokes?

I'm using the CH yokes and can't say I've noticed this.

Sean

manhattan
07-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Hi Tony

When you calibrate the yokes, either in Windows or FSUIPC, does any of the 'dead area' get recognised, i.e. can you see the raw data values change? If not, then I suspect it really is dead area.

Does it happen on both your yokes?

I'm using the CH yokes and can't say I've noticed this.

Sean

Hi.

In FSUIPC, the numbers (starting from zero) start to move only after the yoke has been turned (ailerons) left or right by about one inch (25mm). It's almost as though the lever that moves the pot, is out of adjustment - but both yokes are new and un-used? I guess if it's mechanical, FSUIPC won't be able to help? Does your CH yoke respond immediately you move it? By the way, I have the older version of FSUIPC and it does not show both yokes in the joystick section - unless I am supposed to use the same box somehow?

Thanks for your help.

TONY.UK