PDA

View Full Version : 3 monitors

John Patty
07-12-2010, 08:33 PM
ok I got 3 monitors 23" 1920x1080 all are the same, 2 gtx 280 graphic cards, got all three monitors running but can`t get them to act as one. I would like to run falcon 4.0 on them.
is there a way to do this without using maxtrox triplehead? or would it be better to get the triple head? running xp

Kennair
07-13-2010, 03:06 AM
Hi John, I think you'll need a TH2GO (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I think you can span across two monitors on the one graphics card but not across the two cards as you would have to do for the 3rd monitor. That's why ATI released the Eyefinity series with 3 outputs on the one card.

Could be wrong but that's my understanding.

Ken.

skino
07-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Try SoftTH, http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/
a free software that emulates TH2GO
Runs not only with PCIe, also witht 1x AGP and 1x PCI (tested for WOW and FS9)

tolip2
07-13-2010, 05:16 AM
If you got two GTX 280, you're in luck and you don't need triplehead2go or Softth.
Just a few days ago Nvidia released the new beta drivers with 3d surround gaming support (see nvidia's site if you're unfamiliar with it). You don't have to use the 3d part, you can use three regular monitors just as with Eyefinity. Basically install an SLI cable, install the latest Nvidia beta drivers, and use Nvidia control panel to configure the displays so the OS/games will see it as one big screen. I've tried this with two GTX 470 cards and it works very well, except that I've not been able to use a fourth monitor (for displaying gauges). This is a showstopper for me and I'll keep using the 5870/Eyefininty until I manage to solve this problem (please someone help me if you know a solution).

twisted8
07-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Since you are running windows XP can't you just use the horizontal span mode?

edit: nevermind. Horizontal span is just for 2 monitor.

nax228
07-13-2010, 06:36 PM
The TH2Go can't handle 3 monitors of that high resolution, so that will if not anything else save you some money ;)

John Patty
07-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Thank you all very much! I did try a few things,The nvidia drivers didn`t seam to work right. The softth did work but it wouldn`t run falcon 4.0. But with all the info i`m reading here and with all your help I am on the right track.

Thank you