PDA

View Full Version : PMGetWeather

alaxus
07-07-2010, 03:08 AM
Has anyone being having problems with PmGetweather not returning Metar info to the acars/metar screen on the cdu. It seems to download the sat file ok, but the metar is pretty flaky.

mgamba
09-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi,

I have a similar problem with PMGetweather.

It used to run fine but since a couple of weeks there seems to be a connection problem of PMGW to get data from the server.
I always have the error display "not enough data from satellite" in PMGW.

Any known issue to this problem ?

alaxus
09-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Just and update to my issue. It was fixed in the last PMGetweather update. So my metar is working fine now.

skino
09-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Pmgetweather works fine with Place in the US. If your Plane stay in Europe you get an Error "not enough data from satellite"
I have the last Version and found this Notam "pmGetWeather.zip 060710 NEW Download Page on NOAA website changed"

Can i change the Server to get Weather all over the world?

mgamba
09-27-2010, 05:27 PM
I have exactly the same : no weather data in Europe but well in America.

So probably the weather server has to be changed within PMGW.

Can the PM staff do that for us, european users ?

timonier
09-28-2010, 12:21 AM
I have exactly the same : no weather data in Europe but well in America.

So probably the weather server has to be changed within PMGW.

Can the PM staff do that for us, european users ?

+1 leaving in Belgium

cfg061
10-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone,

i have a similar issue - after a short period of time, i have an runtime- error, "Nr. 52 file missing or invalid data" after that the programm crashes.

Any ideas?
Cheers
Lothar

Potrohkocsonya
10-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi,

Same here.

Potroh

HauptChr
10-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Hello,

I have also the error display "not enough data from satellite" in PMGW, but METAR (Europe and US) are working :-) .

PMGW is on my overhead/Instrucor PC, FMS is on a seperate PC. CDU netdir is set correctly.

skino
10-03-2010, 05:36 AM
The pmGetweather-Data are now being downloaded from this site http://www.noaa.gov/ and there are only national, that is U.S. data ("pmGetWeather.zip 060710 NEW Download Page on NOAA website changed")

This is not a problem of the program but the download server set:(

choffmann
10-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the info, skino.
With so many different free radar satellite pics of europe available in the web, wouldn´t it be possible to assign another download page to the PMGW config.ini? If so, how is it done? What is the format read by PMGW?

Chris

skino
10-03-2010, 08:43 AM
I have no idea if and how it is changing. :(

(You have a PN)

mgamba
10-03-2010, 04:42 PM
If tou look in your PMGW folder you'll find a log file and within this log file, when using PMGW in Europe you'll see that the connection to the weather radar is ok but there is a reply from server that consist in "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found".
So no data from the server is available for Europe.

Ok, so PLEASE PM staff, don't forget your European customers and users ...

skino
10-04-2010, 01:54 PM
"Ok, so PLEASE PM staff, don't forget your European customers and users ..." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

saabpilot
10-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Has anyone being having problems with PmGetweather not returning Metar info to the acars/metar screen on the cdu. It seems to download the sat file ok, but the metar is pretty flaky.

I have the same problem - Mostly No METAR downloads - Live in EU.
It should be fixed as there are several free sources with METAR - even VATSIM METAR is better than nothing.
Also nice would be a "PRINT" function that sends the output to a standard WIN Printer.
There are several very small ones so it is possible to have an "ACARS Printer" in the "radiobox"

Bjorn

Best,
Bjorn

skyman
10-24-2010, 02:04 PM
in Italy is same problem !

please resolve the problem is very important !!!!

DHABERT
10-24-2010, 09:40 PM
please resolve the problem is very important !!!!

+1
I suppose a lot of people is waiting

Peter Nielsen
10-27-2010, 09:51 AM
The funny thing is that if one chooses a european airport on the site, like EBBR the wx shows up just fine..

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EBBR.html

btw i would appreciate it very much is someone could kindly send me a copy of your PMgetWX cfg file as mine got deleted when i upgraded to the last version and since then have no WX at all, regardless of where i am

Tks
Peter

skino
10-27-2010, 10:54 AM
===============================================
//pmGetWeather Build 10

ProxyAddress=
ProxyPort= 0
Interval= 2
DefaultDirectory=c:\pfd\
//Directory/Folder to be used when no FMC is running
Log=Off