PDA

View Full Version : Which 737NG seat ?

Nick1150
07-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Hi,

My next step for my sim is the cpt and f/o 737NG seats, and the pedestal. This thread is for the seats. I would prefer of course two new 737 seats but I am afraid on the one hand I cannot invest 1500+ euros per seat, and on the other I do not dare to build one, since my skills are not good enough to do so.

Any ideas ?

What have you guys done ?

BishBash
07-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Hi Nick,

I havnt got to the seats on my sim as yet but the ideas i plan to:-
Go to the local scrap yard for a couple of car seats and mount them on a box of mdf.

Regards

steve

Nick1150
07-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks steve :D

In fact that is the way I was thinking to go... Is there a way to create the gap between the legs in such a case ?

BishBash
07-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I still use my ch yoke on a stand but i would assume if I had a proper yoke and column I would
have to cut the section out of seat and re-cover with new material or recover the hole seat.

Regards

Steve

Nick1150
07-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks steve again,

any pics ?

What's the height of the genuin 737 seat ?

mpl330
07-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi Nick,

I think actual new NG seats are approx 35000 euro :eek:
Many people have built replicas from the plans on this site (altho I think they may originally been on flightsim or avsim years ago) and get very good results using mdf and are not too difficult to build. Other options are to buy used 737 seats and refurb them or get car seats (altho they won't have the column cut outs) - think people have done all these options...

I've currently gone with the mdf seats but would love to get a pair of genuine seats and refurb them.
Think there are a number of shots in the photo gallery of different solutions so you can see how they look

Cheers
Mike

vybhav
07-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I would suggest buy used seats of 727 or similar aircrafts you can find them at around USD 1000 or more.

Regards

Joe Lavery
07-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Hi Nick,

I bought a pair of car seats from a scrap dealer for £40, that was more in line with my budget. ;)
The purists in the group would be aghast at such sacrilege but they do the job and as luck had it were the right colour.
Picture attached.

Cheers Joe.

BishBash
07-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Very nice set up there joe,where you hide the pcs?

Regards

Steve

Nick1150
07-06-2010, 04:09 AM
Steve I beleive the pcs are on the left besides the MIP stand ;)

Thanks Joe for the reply... I like your setup, and 1000 times better than mine. I am still seating on a kitchen chair !!! :lol: IMHO I beleive that the seats, due to their large size occupy a great propotion of the total sim, so I would like them to be as more close as possible to the 737NG genuin plan. I beleive that big items (MIP, Pedestal, TQ, CDUs, etc...) should be as close as possible to the original. Of course this is my personal subjective opinion.

Thanks again

Nick

BishBash
07-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Steve I beleive the pcs are on the left besides the MIP stand ;)

Thanks Joe for the reply... I like your setup, and 1000 times better than mine. I am still seating on a kitchen chair !!! :lol: IMHO I beleive that the seats, due to their large size occupy a great propotion of the total sim, so I would like them to be as more close as possible to the 737NG genuin plan. I beleive that big items (MIP, Pedestal, TQ, CDUs, etc...) should be as close as possible to the original. Of course this is my personal subjective opinion.

Thanks again

Nick

Cheers Nick, I must get my eyes tested lol,
I know the feeling of the kitchen chair, im still using a not so executive swivel chair what ive had
for about ten years lol

Regards

Steve

Joe Lavery
07-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi Steve/Nick,

You are partly correct, there's two PCs to the left of the MIP and three more behind it.

I agree that real seats are very nice, in fact I had the pleasure of sitting in a real one last weekend at Ian Sissons house. What a nice guy and very knowledgeable too, I learnt a lot, (well what I could remember when I got home ;)). Having an enclosed cockpit makes such a difference.

My own set-up has changed quite a bit since that photo, I've added an overhead frame made from 1" tubular steel, the overhead is completely wired and I hope to have it installed this coming weekend. I've also changed the MCP and EFIS units from Go-Flight to CP Flight Pro versions, They are awesome!

I'll upload some more pics when it's finished, well finished until I enclose it all..... ons step at a time Eh!

Cheers
Joe,

spiro
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
hi guys
niko i am at the moment trying to find witch car has the closest look to aircraft seats and because i am a car electro and have my own garage i find the light truck seats are closer that what car seats are but if you like look at witch car or truck seat you like more for you sim and let me know i can find second hand seats for you with a discout of 40% witch i get as a garage because i get parts from the scrap yards all the time and 30% i can help out on new seats if you like;)

also i have some old seats in my store room trhat i could try to cut the gap were the colume gose and get a frend of mine that has a sowing machine to fix it like new its worth a try and if you like it we can find the seats you whant and fix them both
how dose that sound it will be fun for us
as i am building the a320 and there is no gap on the seat so its easyer for me:D:D

BishBash
07-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Spiro,
You could bring me a pair over with you on your next Flyuk flight:)
Hows your build coming on spiro?
Regards
Steve

spiro
07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
hi Steve
LOL i wish i could it would be my plesure!!!!
the building is going very good i will up load photos next week
hope to talk soon steve on TS

how have you been?
regards

drum4no1
07-06-2010, 05:13 PM
salvaged auto bucket seats is the way I went. Might not be perfect but hey,, all I had to do was give the guy a $20 dollar bill and away I went..

Nick1150
07-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi there to all !!!!!

Spiro I have done the same thing. I think that Mercedes Vito seats are very close to the cockpit style. I also have seen seats from Chrysler combi style cars, which also seem to be close. I could be interested my friend. I will give you a ring today to discuss it and why not, if Steven is interested we could make four 737NG seats and forward them to UK. One for all and all for one !!! :p