PDA

View Full Version : FS Weekend 2010

dvincent
06-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi Mat,

enough digital paper to prepare the list of REAL attendees FsWeekend 2010 ?

I booked my hotel in march to be sure to get one ;)

Regards,

Dirk

P.S.: I think I'm the first on the list :cool:

Sean Nixon
06-30-2010, 02:47 AM
If this is a list of attendees, then add me...

Attending

dvincent
sean nixon

Maybes

spiro
06-30-2010, 04:08 AM
hi guys
were can i get information on fsweekend2010
like were it will be address and hotels dates and all that stuff so i can arange to be there
regards

Sean Nixon
06-30-2010, 05:22 AM
http://www.fsweekend.com/

There arern't to many hotel rooms in Lelystad and they get snapped up really quickly (actually probably most have been booked since last years show).

I stayed in Central Amsterdam last year. It's only a short train journey.

ian@737ng.co.uk
07-01-2010, 10:14 AM
hello chaps......
put me down for the definate list :o
just booked in at the Airport Hotel for a couple of nights
look forward to seeing you all there....
rgds ... ian

flymo001
07-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I'll be there again this year, put me down for the definate list. Also booked into the Airport Hotel.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Regards, John P (UK) :)

capetonian
07-01-2010, 03:21 PM
We have some hotels here in Almere too:

Bastion Hotel Almere: https://www.bastionhotels.nl/en
Apollo Almere : http://www.apollohotelsresorts.com/page/specials-en/?hotelShortName=Almere

If you're coming across by car and bring your own blow up mattrass and sleeping bag then you're welcome to crash on my floor, . also in Almere. Almere is an 11 minute train trip from Lelystad.

dvincent
07-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Normally, the list will be in hands of Matt Ollieman I suppose. I just started the thread to get the attention on the FsWeekend 2010. If you don't book a hotel soon enough you won't get a room in the immediate neighboarhood of Lelystad. I stayed twice at the Airport Hotel but this year I booked the Apollo Hotel where I stayed before. The Airport Hotel changed some reservation details, such as no moneyback in case of any cancelling (even if you cancel months before the reservation date), no breakfast included, etc. ... (alltough I liked the staying as it was before)

dvincent
07-23-2010, 06:58 PM
MATT !!!
The list of attendees at the FsWeekend can be opened :)
But I wouldn't make any reservations at the restaurant before november 6th, the day itself...
I will be there as usual :p

Regards,

Dirk

Matt Olieman
07-23-2010, 09:38 PM
MATT !!!
The list of attendees at the FsWeekend can be opened :)
But I wouldn't make any reservations at the restaurant before november 6th, the day itself...
I will be there as usual :p

Regards,

Dirk

I'm awake now :) :) :)

We'll get the list going.......

Matt Olieman

Wendy
07-24-2010, 01:55 AM
I look forward to it, so I will be there.

Regards, Wendy

JWS
07-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Will be attending also.

Looking forward.

JWS

kermit
07-24-2010, 02:56 AM
I will be there also,
But I don`t need a room, I have a stationcar and will crash in there.
greetz

dvincent
07-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Happy crash:razz:

Nick1150
08-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I am coming too from Athens direct. I will stay in Amsterdam center from Friday till Monday, since I have a very good friend there. I will be more than happy to meet you guys.

Maybe someone can organise a meeting there for the forum, or maybe print Tshirts to meet each other LOL

Looking forward to seeing you

Nick

dvincent
08-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Will be nice meeting you all.
Keeping the threat alive.

Efe Cem Elci
08-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi guys... I haven't been around too much lately due to some developments in my life. I applied to the Turkish Airlines Flight Academy for their cadet program (ab initio to ATPL and type) but got eliminated after the DLR test in Germany. Started researching and contacting flight schools for a self-funded career path. In a few days I will start my mandatory military service (6 or 12 mo.s, to be announced at midnight) of which one month will definitely be no-internet-access time. So I won't be able to make Lelystad this year, but have fun and a pint for me!

dvincent
08-09-2010, 06:05 PM
That's a pity. What 's the DLR test in fact ?
(We 'll have that pint ofcourse ;) )

Efe Cem Elci
08-09-2010, 06:14 PM
That's a pity. What 's the DLR test in fact ?
(We 'll have that pint ofcourse ;) )

The DLR exam is administered by the German Air and Space Center (DLR) and consists of various knowledge, memory and orientation tests. Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, SunExpress and various airlines use them for pilot hiring.

Roland
08-12-2010, 03:27 PM
The DLR exam is administered by the German Air and Space Center (DLR) and consists of various knowledge, memory and orientation tests. Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, SunExpress and various airlines use them for pilot hiring.

Maybe I should have let you practice more in my motion cockpit? ;-)

Pity you won't be there this year, you'll miss the practice round in Rig #4. Good luck!

Hessel Oosten
08-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Will be there (2 days) with the Dutch FlightDeckbuilder community.
www.flightdeckbuilder.com

Hessel Oosten

a340-th
08-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Hi,

am planning to be there too if everything goes well and job commitments do not make it impossible.

Regards

ambuman
08-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I'll be there at the flightdeckbuilder stand for 2 days.
:D

Regards,

Erwin van Steen

kiek
08-17-2010, 10:40 AM
I'll be there too (one day), walking around, seeing Friends, ...

regards,
Nico Kaan

nax228
08-17-2010, 11:24 AM
The Norwegians are coming this year as well... Be aware

Peter Dowson
08-17-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll be there too, but only for one day this year. I'm afraid I'll miss the MyCockpits evening do at Flantaus restaurant, where I enjoyed meeting so many of you these last two years. But at least I should be there at the Aviodrome from opening till close on the Saturday.

This year I'm accompanied by my good friend Ray Proudfoot, for whom the visit will be a first and I hope it will be a very pleasant experience for him. The UK so-called "flight sim shows" are most just box-shifting markets these days so we are looking forward to some "real" flight simulators! ;-)

Best Regards

Pete Dowson

Matt Olieman
08-21-2010, 09:53 AM
As some most of you know I've had Cardiac procedure and with quite success. Unfortunately, I have a second health issue which will require upper and lower spine surgery. This can't wait and will be performed Sept. 13. To my surprise, the healing/rehabilitation is a lengthy process. I will be in neck and body brace for several weeks, then continue on with extreme limitations anywhere from 8 to 12 months.

Needless to say, I will not be attending FSWeekend.

My last conversation with Vybhav regarding his attending FSWeekend, his situation also prohibits him from attending FSWeekend.

This deeply saddens both Vybhav and I, for we certainly looked forward to meeting our fellow MyCockpit members.

Matt Olieman

JWS
08-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear this Matt, had hoped for a sooner recovery. All the best and we'll have a drink on your health, I'm sure.

Nice to be able to meet Ray Proudfoot and see Pete D again.

BTW Hessel, the link to flightdeckbuilder does not work.

Regards,

JWS

Hessel Oosten
08-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Jan Willem,

Sorry was a typo. Correction:

http://www.flightdeckbuilder.nl

So .nl not .com

Hessel

dvincent
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM
We will surely have a drink on that. Wish you a good recovery Matt.

GARich
09-28-2010, 01:34 PM
I've just booked one night at the Apollo (sounds like a variety act!) for my first visit to the show, and looking forward to it immensley

Goldmember
09-28-2010, 02:27 PM
I'll be there as well but just on the show. It's my daughters birthday, that weekend. Won't be wearing the badge (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/17918-FS-Weekend-badges) though because I looked silly being the only one.

capetonian
09-28-2010, 02:33 PM
The Apollo in Almere? That's just around the corner.

@ Goldmember, I'll wear a badge this year..... why not!

GARich
09-28-2010, 03:41 PM
The Apollo in Lelystad centre - they have / had a package including entrance to the museum.

Sean Nixon
10-03-2010, 06:13 AM
The Apollo in Lelystad centre - they have / had a package including entrance to the museum.

I saw that, but I'm not sure it'll include entry on the show weekend.???

dvincent
10-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Yes, it does. But I think it is a ticket for one day, not for the all weekend.

Sean Nixon
10-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Yes, it does. But I think it is a ticket for one day, not for the all weekend.

That's a good deal then, I've just booked the Friday and Saturday night there.

nax228
10-04-2010, 05:02 AM
If I remember it right, the museum ticket won't automatically give entrance to the FSWeekend. I had a few chaps standing in front of me last year that tried a similar operation, but ended up having to pay an extra fee.
The fee isn't going to ruin you, but I would check before I turned up with a museum entrance coupon.

Nick1150
10-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi,

Tickets from Athens to Amsterdam are already booked. I will stay in Amsterdam guys, since I have a very good friend and his wife there.

My wife will come at the FSweekend on Saturday with me but she will stay with our friends on Sunday.

So my question to the more experienced ones... Take the train or rent a car from Amsterdam given that we may end up late at night with a dinner or something ?

nax228
10-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Hope to see a bunch of you there. I will wear my nametag with <--- This avatar, so if you see a NAX228 wondering around, please say hi.

dvincent
10-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi Nick,

the trainstation is way to far from the airport, about 6 km. A car might be a better idea.

nax228
10-07-2010, 12:09 PM
well... the bus to Harderwijk goes quite often and stops by the aerodrome. Renting a car or waiting 20 maybe minutes for the bus?
Have had no problem with this before.

dvincent
10-08-2010, 06:26 AM
In that case I would check the bus time table. That bus goes from Lelystad to Harderwijk ? Then you need the time table of the train between Amsterdam and Lelystad too.
You can find those here:
http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/

nax228
10-08-2010, 08:40 AM
From Station Lelystad Centrum
To Vliegveld/Eendenweg, Lelystad

Buss leaves 5 minutes past every hour. 8 minute trip by bus to stop named: Vliegveld.

Ride safe

Nick1150
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Ok you convinced me... BUS then :D

Hey guys, let's meet there, drink a cofee or something, have dinner, we have exchanged so many messages here !!!

We should wear something to meet each other easier... maybe a rose ? :mrgreen:

Anyway just my 2c

JWS
10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
We should wear something to meet each other easier... maybe a rose ? :mrgreen:

A wing between my teeth seems more appropriate:p

JWS

Sean Nixon
10-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Nick

I was at last years show with my daughter. We got the train direct from Schipol to Lelystad and then the bus to the museum. The bus station is right outside the train station (and there's a Burger King built under the station to keep warm while you wait)! The bus driver recommended a return ticket, it was cheaper.

See you next month.

Sean

Nick1150
10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks Sean for the info,

See you all next month guys

dvincent
10-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, you can find me on the stand of Flight Deck Software and that will probably be next to the stands of Engravity (or FlyEngravity) and CPFlight.
CU guys.

dvincent
10-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Bad news... Flight Deck Software will not be present this year. Bart 's wife who's expecting a twin must stay at the hospital untill the birth of their TWO babies.
So send them an email wishing them strenght and power to succeed.
info@flightdecksoftware.com

I will be present with the mates on the stand of flightdeckbuilder.nl

nax228
10-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Here is my nametag I'll be wearing during the show. Don't hesitate to say hi if you spot it.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/gosttveit/navneskilt.jpg

KLM077
10-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Hi All,

I'll be there too, looking forward to meet you again!

Cheers

Bas

KLM077

vybhav
10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Dear All

I finally have news, I will be making my first ever trip to FSWeekend. I am eagerly looking forward to meeting all of you in Lelystad, I will be roaming around and may be in the IVAO stall.

Really excited to meet you all.

Regards

JWS
10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Vybhav,

Nice to have you there and that you are able to come after all.

We'll see you.

JWS

Nick1150
10-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Vybhav,

That's great news !!!!

Hope we all meet in the end... I really do not know how we can meet all, except of course Tshirts :)

vybhav
10-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Let us all do it this way, I will be wearing a "Mycockpit.org" badge. I suggest if you can print out the Mycockpit.org badge and pin this along, we can all recognize and meet each other, I am sure it will be nice to catch up and exchange views.

You can print out your mycockpit.org badge from here http://www.mycockpit.org/FSWeekend/MCP-OfficialNameBadge.png

http://www.mycockpit.org/FSWeekend/MCP-OfficialNameBadge.png

Regards
Vybhav

Sean Nixon
10-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Look forward to seeing you all there.

Jordan Farmer
10-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Well, you guys are making me more jelous by the day, i would have loved to get to this, but i just cant get away from work! Cows are quite demanding i will have you know :p Just remember to get some pictures and videos for us to enjoy :p

ian@737ng.co.uk
10-30-2010, 09:52 AM
hello chaps......
1. just in case you haven't seen it, here's the floorplan for Lelystad
http://www.fsweekend.com/floorplan2010.pdf
2. the bus no. that runs from Lelystad Station past the Aviodrome is # 148.
3. come and see us on the Revolution Simproducts stand, you never know their may be some 'special offers' :o
regards

ian

JWS
10-30-2010, 10:33 AM
I get a message that the file is corrupt and can't be repaired.

This plan is floored.

JWS

vybhav
10-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Guys have 22 extra Mycockpit.org name tag stickers printed out. I will be available in the IVAO stall or would be hanging around with other friends. Please feel free to contact me.

Regards

Nick1150
10-30-2010, 12:00 PM
hello chaps......
3. come and see us on the Revolution Simproducts stand, you never know their may be some 'special offers' :o
Thanks Ian,

Hopefully I will be there... if there are offers which make the difference, I will be certainly interested ;)

Guys have 22 extra Mycockpit.org name tag stickers printed out. I will be available in the IVAO stall or would be hanging around with other friends. Please feel free to contact me.

RegardsWill do vybhav :D

JWS
10-31-2010, 07:26 AM

Regards

Vybhav,

You mean that you have tags with names on them or just tags which we need to fill in?

JWS

vybhav
10-31-2010, 07:33 AM
The sticker will have the names blank, so we just need to fill that in and you would ready with a personalized name tag:) So easy to identify Mycockpit.org members.

Regards

Jan Pemöller
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Very Good Idea!
Will be there on the 6th and happy to meet some of you guys.
Regards
Jan

Sean Nixon
10-31-2010, 07:19 PM
The sticker will have the names blank, so we just need to fill that in

Make sure you bring a marker pen! ;)

Matt Olieman
11-02-2010, 07:33 AM
FSWeekend is almost there, and it's been on my mind quite a bit. Last year was a wonderful experience meeting many of our MyCockpit Friends. I enjoyed so much our conversations and to find out how much we have in common.

I truly wish I could be there this year. My Wife and I looked forward toward our trip to Holland this year and am so disappointed we could not go. So when you're at FSWeekend, please know that in my heart I will be there. :)

I'm extremely happy Vybhav will be there and hope you make a point to meet him. Vybhav plays a major roll in the operation of MyCockpit.org, his roll will continue to grow.

I'll be thinking about you, enjoy your trip to FSWeekend and don't forget the pics and post them here......

Matt Olieman

JWS
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
So when you're at FSWeekend, please know that in my heart I will be there. :)

Matt Olieman

Well Matt,

we all know why you can't make it this year and that is truly sad. But we'll have an excuse to take an extra drink on your health, so dont worry. ;-)

JWS

Sean Nixon
11-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Matt, I didn't get the chance to speak with you last year, you were so popular! I'll ditto what Jan Willem said, we'll be sure to have a drink or two to your health.

Are there any shows like this on your side of the pond?

Sean

choffmann
11-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I am really sorry, I can´t make it this year. Looking on the weekend website, it seems that the event will be gorgeous! All MC attendants, please let us homekeepers be part of it by posting here, what´s new over there!
I wish you all a wonderful time, many new same-minded intellectual aquaintances, lots of fruitful discussions, and some great dutch drinks at EHLE.

Chris

vybhav
11-02-2010, 10:48 PM
So guys I will no longer have access to internet from later this evening. See you all at FSWeekend. I will at the IVAO staff with the Mycockpit identification sticker or around the builders area. Remember I have some extra Mycockpit identification stickers in case you may need them.

So see you all there.

Regards

Nick1150
11-03-2010, 02:41 AM
So guys I will no longer have access to internet from later this evening. See you all at FSWeekend. I will at the IVAO staff with the Mycockpit identification sticker or around the builders area. Remember I have some extra Mycockpit identification stickers in case you may need them.

So see you all there.

Regards

See you there vybhav,

I will show up as Nick from Athens (Nick the Greek does not sound nice :) )

richard hutchinson
11-03-2010, 07:29 AM
I am sorry you can't make it this year Matt. Was looking forward to meeting you. There will be loads of pictures and stories to keep you going for weeks after the weekend I am sure.

Best regards
Richard

ian@737ng.co.uk
11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
that's right ritchie boy......
i'm taking the camera and the reporters pad :o
let's have a great weekend chaps....
look forward to meeting you all
rgds....

ian

Nick1150
11-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi to all,

Tommorow morning I am leaving Athens with Olympic Airlines... I know the hotel has wifi access, but I am not sure if I can make it work.

So I hope to see everyone on Saturday.

Looking forward to meet you guys,

Nick

PS. Will I be the only one bringing my wife ? :?

Sean Nixon
11-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Are you staying in Lelystad Nick?

Myself and fellow member Clive will be flying into Amsterdam from Newcastle tomorrow, arriving 15:30 local time.

The wife is staying at home (My daughter went with me last year).

Sean

JWS
11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
No, my wife is also coming along.

JWS

RobiD
11-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Have a great weekend everyone that's going.

Wish I could be there.

David
Australia

Nick1150
11-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi reporting from Amsterdam ;)

As said I am staying in Amsterdam (hotel) since the one of the two reasons of this trip is a very good and old Dutch friend of mine. I have promised him to come and visit this year, so what better excuse tan FSweekend ? :p

Tommorow morning I am taking the train to Lelystad with my wife and hopefully we will meet there :)

Matt Olieman
11-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks Nick, and keep us up to date, when you can. :)

Matt Olieman

Nick1150
11-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks Nick, and keep us up to date, when you can. :)

Matt OliemanHi Mat,

As Ian said get ready for pictures !!!!!

Sean Nixon
11-05-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm the bar at the Apollo hotel if anyone fancies a drink!

flymo001
11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi,
I'm also at the FS w/end again this year, staying at the Airport Hotel.:cool:

Leaving LGW at 06.20 arrive AMS 08.35 local.

Hope to catch up with everyone at the show.:D

Safe journey everyone - see you there.:cool:

Regards, John P (Kent)

Nick1150
11-07-2010, 05:05 AM
Hi to everyone,

Yesterday I visited FSweekend 2010 in Lelystad. I have taken several pictures, but there is a bandwith limit in the hotel, so tommorow that I will be in Athens get ready for many pictures....

Most of the companies we deal with as far as airliners is concerned, were there. Opencockpits, simkits, Flyengravity & CPflight, Revolution Sim Products, Sim Construct, and few others. Don't imagine BIG things, just one or two desks advertising their products...

I would like to thank Eren and Ian who helped me out in the Revolution Sim Products stand. Actually Ian gave so many information about many things, including the revolurion TQ kit. Thanks Ian, hope to see you soon in Greece my friend.

In fact Ian was the main reason I did booked on Pro Version motorised TQ from Revolution Sim Products, which will arrive to my place in Athens around end of January 2011 !!!! Ian you owe me 500 euro I gave for the deposit :p

Of course this is joke :D

Special thanks to Ian and of course to JWS and his lovely wife, who I had the honor to meet. I wish I had more time to spend with you guys... maybe next time.

Best regards to all,

I am coming back with more pics,

JWS
11-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Hi all,

it was a wonderfull weekend, with many friends meeting once again.
Will report more and show some pictures.

Regards,

JWS

Nick1150
11-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Just got back home (took Monday off too ;) )

Hope I can upload all pictures tonight and possibly post them here in a few hours...