PDA

View Full Version : Can´t stop Take off config warning sound

PeterH
05-02-2010, 10:22 AM
HI,

unfortunately the forum search doesn´t give me any hint for solving my prob. with the take off config warning sound.
My setup: FS9, PMDG 737 700 with pm mods and acftfile from Steve Reiling(V4)
PM CDU, PFD/ND, Pmsystems, MCP/ 737NG from TSR, TSR electronic checklist.

Here my question:

Flaps are set to 5, Vspeeds confirmed preflight page completed, correct weight, no warnings on the six pack, brakes released, AT armed or off, trim ok.
What else can cause the take off config warning sound to go off as soon as I advance throttle over approx 50%.
Can someone please shed some light on this problem.
Any hint highly appreciated
Thanks
Peter

Rockeyes
05-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Don't know what the six pack is but how about the spoilers?

PeterH
05-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Don't know what the six pack is but how about the spoilers?
Thanks for input, but spoilers are fully down.
There are 2 Six packs (each has 6 different warning lights). 1 for the Cptn and 1 for the FO with 6 warnings each. When everything is setup properly then all warning lights are off.
Probably we could narrow the problem down knowing which parameters (flaps, trim, etc) trigger the take off config warning. Any clue???

Thanks
Peter

capetonian
05-02-2010, 01:38 PM
There are several issues that could cause a Take-off configuration warning.
If any one of the following criteria is not met then you will hear the config warning:

Trailing Flaps - Should be set between 1-25 (take off)
Leading Edge Flaps not extended/set for take off
Speed brake - DOWN
Spoilers are not fully down while the lever is in the Down position
Parking break - released (Set causes a warning at above 20% thrust)
Stab trim, this must be set within the take off range, (the green line on the TQ), if you are not trimmed for take off then you will get a warning.

Hope that helps.

drum4no1
05-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Will autobrake not in RTO trigger a config warning??

capetonian
05-02-2010, 02:55 PM
No it will not. The Autobrake is not considered a flight control and you could take off without setting RTO.

PeterH
05-03-2010, 09:23 AM
There are several issues that could cause a Take-off configuration warning.
If any one of the following criteria is not met then you will hear the config warning:

Trailing Flaps - Should be set between 1-25 (take off)
Leading Edge Flaps not extended/set for take off
Speed brake - DOWN
Spoilers are not fully down while the lever is in the Down position
Parking break - released (Set causes a warning at above 20% thrust)
Stab trim, this must be set within the take off range, (the green line on the TQ), if you are not trimmed for take off then you will get a warning.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

it seems everything is ok. May I ask what aircraft youu´re flying.

May be someone would be willing to share a functioning airaft.txt and aircraft.cfg

Something however seems to be strange with the trim as the trim indicator shows a green bar from 0 (middle ) to -10

The recommended trim on the CDU however says 5,3.

I´ve set the recommended trim (CDU page trim) to the recommended value. Otherwise the acft cannot be rotated and lifted.

Any idea?

Peter

capetonian
05-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi,

it seems everything is ok. May I ask what aircraft youu´re flying.

May be someone would be willing to share a functioning airaft.txt and aircraft.cfg

Something however seems to be strange with the trim as the trim indicator shows a green bar from 0 (middle ) to -10

The recommended trim on the CDU however says 5,3.

I´ve set the recommended trim (CDU page trim) to the recommended value. Otherwise the acft cannot be rotated and lifted.

Any idea?

Peter

Hi there,

Okay, . here goes, I am flying the PMDG 737 with the panel folder deleted.
I am using PM systems demo verisons for the glass cockpit with Prosim737 for the overhead systems logic.

I am in the course of changing everything over to Prosim737, Prosim has system logic but they will be introducing a complete suite for the 737NG. I am lucky enough to be one of the Beta testers for the suite and up to now I have been foaming at the mouth, it is all looking sooo sweet. I have no idea what the flight model will be when the Prosim suite is eventually launched but I am sure that everybody will have thier own tweaked flight model.

PeterH
05-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Well, it looks like I will always get that warning regardless what is set.
Slowly I´m getting desperate as every hint sofar did not change a bit on that problem. Since there´s no reference aircraft and aircraft.txt (for CDU) file there might still be some numbers which may be out of range.
Have sent a mail to pm´s support.

Will report back when problem is solved.

Peter

oal331
05-04-2010, 02:20 PM
1) Did you made a test with default 737 also ? Is there the same problem ?
2) Make visible the flaps gauge at Pm-Eicas and cross check that flaps 5 from your throttle or joystick, is also visible there in analog or digital flap. If not you have to edit some files regarding flaps.

Best regards

Eddie Armaos

dogtanian
05-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I was going to say 'speedbrake' but then I noticed you had already had replies!

PeterH
05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi folks,

just to let you know the interim status in solving that problem.

First of all I have to say that the Support from Enrico was outstnding fast and helpful.

Enrico issued litterally within Minutes a new version of pmsounds (build 90) which has a built in monitor for the toconfig warning sounds. It tells you exactly what caused the toconfig warn.
Sofar so good.
As I said in my starting thread I´m using the little addon B737NG program made by Thomas Richter. This addon has its own logics and uses different offsets. Therefor the monitoring facility didn´t bring me much further except to the fact that I´ve been able to prove my flaps,spoilers,brakes are working correctly when using them without B737NG being actively running in the background.
So the key to solving my problem lies in the B737NG logics and sensing of the different parameters for triggering the toconfig warning.
I have already contacted Thomas Richter support and I´m crossing fingers and hoping that he might be able to point me to the right direction.

Will keep you updated on any progress in this matter.

Anyway thanks everybody for their helpful hints and feedback sofar.

Peter

Jan Pemöller
05-08-2010, 06:47 AM
I have already contacted Thomas Richter support and I´m crossing fingers and hoping that he might be able to point me to the right direction.

Will keep you updated on any progress in this matter.

Yes please do so! I have exatly the same problem and I alos use Thomas Addon.
I have disabled the warning sound completly so far.