PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Wilco 737 and Toggle switches

drum4no1
04-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Ok ,im going to try to word this easily. I recently purchased a GP wiz 40 usb keyboard emulator. Not the most high end but affordable to get me started. Im setting up my condensed overhead with toggles and im having some issues. For example the wilco command I have for landing lights is ctrl-shift -t. Im using the free joy 2 key program with an on-on toggle. It works fine but it dosent seem to be releasing the ctrl function or shift. When I open a browser or minimize a window I cant maximize or type which leads me to believe its not releasing the shift and control. Im considering a registered copy of FSUIPC but not sure if it will fix the issue.

I dont believe it is repeating the command but after sending a ctrl-shift command everything else seems ties up. Maybe I need a different type toggle??

deering
04-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Hello s.n.

When you flip the toggle on it will appear as a push-button which is being held down. Presumably this is causing Joy2Key to interfere with keyboard functions.
I don't know Joy2K. Does it have have the ability to translate a held push-button into a single key-down/key-up sequence?

You could produce that effect with the addition of a little hardware between your switch and the GP device.

You should drop Joy2Key. Get FSUIPC which you can easily configure to handle this situation..and many others.

Jim