PDA

View Full Version : Mip Desktop Panel Vs Flight Deck Solution

slider
03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi,

Excuse me for my bad english

I'm currently looking to buy my new 737 cockpit after my home made cockpit.

Today, I really don't know what to buy.
Flight Deck Solution MIP looks awsome, but, it's very expensive. Taxes and shipping cost is very exepense too.

Fly engravity Desktop Mip is nice too. But I don't know if it looks like the Flidht Deck Solution MIP. I don't want a toy; I want a realistic mip.

What are your feelings ?

Matt Olieman
03-31-2010, 10:43 AM
I guarantee you both of those company products don't look like toys, extremely realistic. There's quite a few builders here that use either one.

slider
03-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks Matt for your answer.

Ok, Engravity desktop MIP doesn't look like toys.

Could somme tell me if the engravity desktop MIP is as realistic as the Flight Deck Solution MIP ?

dnoize
03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks Matt for your answer.

Ok, Engravity desktop MIP doesn't look like toys.

Could somme tell me if the engravity desktop MIP is as realistic as the Flight Deck Solution MIP ?

why dont you judge for yourself ?

A page full of high res close up pictures:

http://www.flyengravity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658

Stef

slider
03-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi,

As you said, it's only picture. I can't fell it.

That's why I just want to know. What is the best product....

Sean Nixon
04-01-2010, 01:59 AM
They are both excellent products. I have the Engravity panels, definately not a toy.

The two companies you are looking at are arguably two of the best panel suppliers out there.

Captain Calamity
04-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I have the Engravity desktop MIP, and I have previously owned FDS hardware.

Both are excellent, customer service very good, and both make a quality product.

I went for the desktop MIP as it meant I could build in stages and I didn't need to build a frame. The hassle of getting large items shipped from Canada also meant that buying from closer to home made sense.

If I lived the other side of the Atlantic then i'd certainly have gone with FDS.

I am sure you'll be happy with either product.

Andy

slider
04-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for all your answer.

I have receive a mail from Flight Deck Solution staff. The shipping cost is about 250$. I have to include taxe (20% of the total price).... Very very very expensive.

Fly Engravity is the reason choice. But, I don't want to be disappointed...

johnwayne
04-01-2010, 07:49 PM
There is little to seperate the two products that I can see except the cost and import taxes. Flight deck solutions have arguably better marketing but that is not what you will enjoy it is the product and having spoken to many people who own both I am not able to discern any difference in the products. Also the CPflight EFIS and MCP that one could use in the Engravity offering are top notch ( I have tried them out myself and think the quality of them is great ). I think its possible to go around in circles reading your post when in the end the differences are so small that you probably wont be able to notice them. The other thing is that Engravity operate just as successfully in the professional market but seem very humble and low key about it.

slider
04-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Did someone know or try to mount the 3 deskopt kit on the engravity cdu bay (wich, in theory, work only with the pro line) ?

OmniAtlas
12-31-2012, 09:47 AM
I was at first considering flight deck solutions mip but now I think I might go with flyengravity for several reasons :

1. I can buy the captain sand middle sections first and later expand if needed.
2. Glare wings are included
3. Fully compatible with co flight MCP and EFIS.
4. Cp flight ICS available for a complete plug and play solution with no wiring necessary.
5. Allows you to build the mip in parts.

The only down side is subpanels and a stand are not included but I think they are available.

OmniAtlas
01-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Did someone know or try to mount the 3 deskopt kit on the engravity cdu bay (wich, in theory, work only with the pro line) ?

Hi slider, did you manage to get the desktop mip mounted on their cdu bay?

OmniAtlas
03-06-2013, 10:39 PM
I have the Engravity desktop MIP, and I have previously owned FDS hardware.

Both are excellent, customer service very good, and both make a quality product.

I went for the desktop MIP as it meant I could build in stages and I didn't need to build a frame. The hassle of getting large items shipped from Canada also meant that buying from closer to home made sense.

If I lived the other side of the Atlantic then i'd certainly have gone with FDS.

I am sure you'll be happy with either product.

Andy

Hi Andy, did you end up building your own stand? How did you mount the subpanels?

Thanks.