PDA

View Full Version : How do you start a situation lets say 10nm final?

Jan Pemöller
03-27-2010, 03:04 AM
Hi folks,

when I want to show friends my sim - I have a problem to start a situation lets say 10nm final without having so many things to do

- freeze mode -> OK!

- but starting engines (during this phase you lost the hight)
- catching the speed (approach) etc
- then in freeze mode trying to catch back the altitude

When all parameters are set - then I can start the situation ...
But that is the point, to set all parameters you need time ;-)

Any Ideas a very welcome ;-)

Thanks
Jan

farrokh747
04-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi Jan =

Probably the best way to do this would be to save a few approaches in FS, ie stabilize the aircraft on finals, freeze FS at say 9NM ILS DME, and then save the flight in FS - this can now be re launched via the Load Lesson menu on PM INST Main page - saved FS flights will show up in this menu = If you're using FS9, you may have to load the lesson twice to get the airspeed to load...

I think the latest version of PM INST has a limit of 10 lesson slots, which it reads alphabetically from the FS saved flights folder =

hope this helps

FC

*** To add: make sure that the acft is correctly configured (flaps, gear, spd, att) for the approach before you freeze/save it, as you want it to release as smoothly as possible.

farrokh747
04-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Hi -

The Interim build, 107b has added more slots for saved flights.... not limited to 10.

One thing I noticed when saving flights is that if you make any mods to the afcad, or install new scenery in the area of a saved flight, it's best to re-save the flight again with the new data - I've had some CTD's on loading saved flights with modified scenery/afacds..

Of course, this has nothing to do with PM Inst, which just pulls up the saved flight in FS

cheers,

Farrokh.

fc