PDA

View Full Version : Restarting Opencockpits MCP with PM values

Pippo
03-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but here goes... I am using the PM MCP as a software link to handle my Opencockpits hardware MCP interfacing using SIOC.
However I occasionally have to reload the SIOC software as it is prone to drop out. When I do so the PM MCP keeps all the right data active, ie Altitude , IAS HDG etc until the OC MCP restarts whereupon the OC MCP goes back to defaults. I would like the restart to pick up the active PM MCP values and load them into the OC MCP not vice versa, which is happening to me at the moment. Any Ideas would be welcome
Mike

mpl330
03-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Not properly got in to sioc yet but is it the case your script is initialising the variables to a set value rather than picking them up from PM???
Its something I will need to deal with too once I get into writing some scripts so it will be good to see how you resolve this...

Cheers
Mike

fordgt40
03-27-2010, 08:12 AM
I think that Mike is correct. Try this link to see how to set sioc variables to a specific value on initial start up.

http://www.lekseecon.nl/howto.html#init

Within the var 0 parentheses you should set the relevant SIOC MCP variables to equal the PM MCP offests/variables

David

Pippo
03-28-2010, 05:42 AM
It looks like Mike and David have pointed me in the right direction, so its now down to some understanding of SIOC programing. Many thanks for your advice

Mike