PDA

View Full Version : gate #

Air Canada
03-21-2010, 08:08 PM
hi there...

is there anyway to display the gate #'s on the building in FSX.. I mean, after landing, I can fnd my way though taxing given by ground control, but have a hard time when I'm near my parking place cuase I can't see the gate # they assigned me and I have to turn on the auto marker that takes you to your gate ...

thanks.

NigelD
03-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Hello Mr. Canada,
I don't believe there is a way to do that - it's part of the rubbish default scenery. Sometimes an aerodrome chart can help you figure out which gate is correct (roughly). Have to considered looking for freeware scenery on Avsim.com or flightsim.com? There's oceans of free scenery out there, sometimes for some very obscure airfields! Have a look. Usually even the basic freeware will have gate numbers on the buildings or whatever.

Nigel.

Air Canada
03-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Hello Mr. Canada,
I don't believe there is a way to do that - it's part of the rubbish default scenery. Sometimes an aerodrome chart can help you figure out which gate is correct (roughly). Have to considered looking for freeware scenery on Avsim.com or flightsim.com? There's oceans of free scenery out there, sometimes for some very obscure airfields! Have a look. Usually even the basic freeware will have gate numbers on the buildings or whatever.

Nigel.

I tried downloading a few freeware scenery for Ontario, but I didn't notice any changes at my airport. everything still looked the same and still didn't see any gate # ... anyway, will play with this more as it's getting exciting now..

i'm also checking out some payware stuff too.. Ultimate Terrain X Canada by flight 1 seems pretty good amd the price is not bad too.. I just hope when i install the payware I hopee my screen looks like the screenshots they posted and also i hope I can get the gate # working too...
thanks anyway for the suggestion... will keep working on this one...

twisted8
03-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Make sure after you install your scenery you move it to the top in your library so that it has priority over the default scenery
settings > scenery library