PDA

View Full Version : Question for Gwyn

Buddym
03-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi Gwyn,

I wanted to ask you about the bevel on your panels... I appears that on many of your panels there are beveled edges on the cutouts for switches and displays. It looks very nice. Do you do this with a special bit? I think that I have seen reference to a chamfer bit..?

thanks,
Buddy

Westozy
03-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Hi Gwyn,

I wanted to ask you about the bevel on your panels... I appears that on many of your panels there are beveled edges on the cutouts for switches and displays. It looks very nice. Do you do this with a special bit? I think that I have seen reference to a chamfer bit..?

thanks,
Buddy

Hi Buddy,

Just use a 90 degree 'V' router bit to produce 45 degree bevels. I bought a cheap 1/4" router bit set from Bunnings for about $45.00, there are a couple of V bits in those sets. For the inside of my main instrument panel monitor bezels, I created a toolpath over the original drawing for three sides of the monitor bezel - (top and sides). Command the tool to follow "on the line" and set the depth of cut to what you require, I think I used a cut of 3mm deep to place the bevel half the thickness of the bezel piece.

Gwyn...