PDA

View Full Version : Where is YOUR flight simulator base? by Alex Jay

Matt Olieman
03-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Alex Jay submitted this biweekly Poll "Where is YOUR flight simulator Base?"

Thank You Alex Jay :)

Sean Nixon
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Would love to know what the 'Others' are!

Nick1150
03-12-2010, 01:38 AM
This is a big deal for me. My "cockpit" (generic currently) is on the top floor of my place, where my home office is and I spend alot of time there working in the afternoon, getting ready for the next day. So I can fly and work at the same time given that I can arrange the CDU and work on my laptop 2 meters away from my cockpit. The next morning I go to work to my office and can't wait to get back again in the afternoon. Eventhough I have though of building a 737 NG in my garage (alot of space there) my first concern is to build the best 737NG that my loft can accomodate.

In my opinion a cockpit must be used. With that said it must be built in a place that one uses daily... if that is the garage, ok.

kermit
03-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Would love to know what the 'Others' are!

That`s easy in your head, in your dreams ,in the shop, wanted list
greetz

Sean Nixon
03-12-2010, 03:01 AM
That`s easy in your head, in your dreams ,in the shop, wanted list
greetz

LOL. That's Where mine was located for years.

CessnaGuy
03-12-2010, 04:52 AM
I have a sign on my door saying 'My Other Sims A Boeing'........Great for Cessna simmers! lol

fsaviator
03-12-2010, 05:01 AM
My Cherokee 235 is in a 76 inch x 83 inch (193cm x 210cm) closet in my basement. The wife said she doesn't care what I put in there.... plane, train, automobile... as long as it fits in there.:lol:

So... You'll see plenty of pics once I get home as I'll be getting creative to fit a full-size 737 with projected visuals in there.

I have compromised with my wife, and will actually end up building the shell in the garage first, then transporting it downstairs in sections once I get it to size. That will give me the room to work. It did cost me a new 3GS iphone for her though.

Warren

Steve A
03-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Ah ah bribery always works well with the spouse lol

flyboy01
03-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Well where do i start,
I started in my office with an mcp and cdu. then i moved house and took over the spare room. I then added the overhead panel and the MIP. the next step was building a seat. Then i moved again. now i have been shafted to the cold depths of my garrage,where i have to share the space with the wifes car, and all the other junk that i hoard. Well all that junk might come in handy for the sim at some point. If not when the sim is finished i will have a big clean out and throw it all away. If my wife had her choice the sim would be in the garbage bin or thrown on the street. In summer i need aircon and winter i need heating, gee how it would be good to have a functioning environmental control system.

737NUT
03-13-2010, 06:36 AM
Mine is in my living room but being single in my own apartment makes that possible! lol