PDA

View Full Version : WAV Files to be triggered from FSUIPC

markusr
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Dear FS guys out there,

I am searching for a person who can handle FSUIPC to trigger sound in the following way.

Interested? Continue reading.

As I am using Sim Avionics the program should trigger the .wav files from SimAvionics in the following situations:

BOARDING : the door is open (Offset from FSUIPC or SimAvionics)

READY TO START : seat belt alarm is on (via FSUIPC Offset for SimAvionics)

TAXI : if speed is > 4 knt

DEPARTURE : Flaps set (more than 2)
GEAR UP
CLIMB
CRUISE : when altitude is above Lvl 260
TURBULENCE : if the seat belt alarm is set during cruise
BELOW 10 000 ft (descending)
BELOW 5000 ft
BELOW 3 500 ft
GEAR DOWN
ON GROUND
ENGINE OFF

Do you think there is a chance of getting this working ?

I don't have much know how in creating external applications for FS.

2 more things:

It must be freeware and customable to change the wav files via .ini file or something

Has to work with FSUIPC / WideFS for FS9

If you are interested in this, please send me PM or reply to this thread

Thanks alot,
yours Markus

fordgt40
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Markus

Have you checked out the SOUND function in SIOC. You can make conditional tests against FSUIPC offsets and/or your own switches and then play whatever sounds you have defined. Check out this link

http://www.opencockpits.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=viewtopic&topic=2366&forum=8

David

markusr
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi David,

no, I havent looked into it. I will check it during the next days.
Thanks a lot,
Markus

Suggy
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello, Markus.
Is there any particular reason why it needs to be freeware?
One of the most underestimated, or perhaps just not thought about, pieces of software that will give you a fantastic sound experience is Aerosoft's FlightKeeper.
It’s extremely customisable. There are many many ‘trigger points’ you can use for any customisable wave sound you like. You can use as many sounds as you like for each ‘trigger’ and the time it is executed. On top of that, you can configure where the sound comes from e.g. I have a 5.1 setup and different sounds come out of different speakers at different volumes. It runs also through a network via WideFS if you wish. The only reason I run the software is because of its sounds which I don’t think has ever been beaten. ..and I have tried them all. In addition to that, I use FSPassengers to make up the small gaps in Aerosoft’s offering as well as PM Sounds and a few sounds coupled to Opencockpit’s SIOC e.g. ventilation sound when I switch on CAB FANS on the overhead (A320) cockpit.
Regards,
Darren
www.sugden.karoo.net

markusr
03-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Hello Darren,

thanks for the tip, I have never loked into the Sound module from Flightkeeper. I will test it during the next days. That it will play with 5.1 is great and so more effects can be done.

best regards,
Markus