PDA

View Full Version : Goflight advice

AK Mongo
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
After a great deal of analysis paralysis and internal debate over building or buying, eBay made the decision easy for me. I got a screaming deal on a couple of v166 radio heads. They look like they may be older, as they appear to have dual concentric encoders.

Anyone have any setup or installation advice for these? Seems pretty plug and play, but I have a few days before they arrive, and would appreciate any input from people who have used them.

Thanks!

Bjarne Horsbøl
03-06-2010, 03:27 AM
You need to install
GoFlight® Module Support Software Version 1.90.4 (Current Software)
you can download it from here: http://www.goflightinc.com/software.shtml#current

I have two GF166A VRP and use them for COM1, COM2, NAV1, NAV 2, ADF and Transponder.

no.1 is setup for com 1, and when I push the left button it toggles to com 2. The right button is programmed via FSUIPC to toggle standby / c-mode on IVAP interface (Flying online on IVAO)

no2. is setup for nav 1, and when I push the left button it toggles to nav 2. When I push the right button I can toggle between ADF and Transponder.

It is VERY easy to make your favorite setup with the Goflight GFconfig , and you can save all the setups you like and store them in the Goflight lib.

Best regards
Bjarne Horsbøl