PDA

View Full Version : Engine "Failure"

jimthomasjohnston
03-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the problem that I am having. I normaly fly short haul flights using a 737-700 (500-800NM) and have noticed that just after TO, my engines cut-out. I finally realised that it happens just as my centre fuel tank runs out of fuel. I still have plenty of fuel in my left and right tanks and I have to restart my engines in mid flight by restarting my APU.

Any thoughts?

Jim

Jan737
03-03-2010, 11:16 AM
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the problem that I am having. I normaly fly short haul flights using a 737-700 (500-800NM) and have noticed that just after TO, my engines cut-out. I finally realised that it happens just as my centre fuel tank runs out of fuel. I still have plenty of fuel in my left and right tanks and I have to restart my engines in mid flight by restarting my APU.

Any thoughts?

Jim

HI

Just a idea: do you have both fuelpumps running (right and left)?

Best regards

Jan Geurtsen

Thomas Richter
03-03-2010, 12:52 PM
HI

Just a idea: do you have both fuelpumps running (right and left)?

Best regards

Jan Geurtsen

Fuel Pumps doesn't need to be ON because ENG's are running then in suction mode. PmSystems supports this logic if you use it.

caKus
03-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi guys,

Same thing happened to me because my pumps for central tank where off and my lateral tanks went empty just after take off. I crashed ! (PoSky 737-800).

Regards.

jimthomasjohnston
03-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the replys guys. All fuel pumps are on, so this is not the problem.

Jim

choffmann
03-03-2010, 06:16 PM
It shouldnīt have something to do with the crossfeed valve, however, I recommend you check it in both positions (open and closed). Drive generators on? What happens on your engine monitor?
Did you try re-installing the program?

Chris

AchillesP
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi,

This is a crossfeed problem

jimthomasjohnston
03-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I just successfully took off without an engine failure. The only thing that I did differently is that I did not place my engine switches from "Off" to "Cont" prior to TO. I will try again to double check. Are you not suppose to place engine switches to "Cont" prior to TO?

Jim

choffmann
03-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Are you not suppose to place engine switches to "Cont" prior to TO?

Quite right. Also on descent starting at FL100 until landing.
I donīt have problems with this, and the engines work just fine no matter if the start switches are off or ground or cont or FLT.
Chris