PDA

View Full Version : Flight Facsimile problems? - Help

jongas
03-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi,

I placed an order with Flight Facsimile back on 2nd December (http://sites.google.com/site/flightfacsimile/home/parts)

When I had not heard any news on shipping of my order I decided to email Dave early January.

He told me that they had been busy installing a full simulator over the Christmas period and that customers orders had to wait. I was told my order was hopefully to be shipped during the week of 17th Jan.

Having still not heard or recieved anything - I have sent 5-6 emails with no reply.

Just wondered if anyone has had any contact from them in the last few weeks, I have tried to follow up via paypal but because it is outside of 45 days there is limited options for me here.

I did not mind waiting however the lack of contact and extended delay makes me understandibily nervous!

Many Thanks

Jon

matta757
03-02-2010, 09:03 AM
i inquired last week on some of their products and also have yet to hear anything back. I can totally understand your frustration and nerves about your situation, I wish I had some more helpful information. Best of luck in resolving any issue.

Matt

Geremy Britton
03-02-2010, 10:48 AM
From my experience Dave isn't the best on communication. He is a very busy man quite understandably and he has some excellent products, however shouldn't customers paying orders come before anything else if that's what's been said.

Just my opinion.

I'm sure you'll get everything you need in the end Jon. :)

andarlite
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
I placed an order with them last September. After a couple of months and not receiving my order yet I e-mailed them. Got a reply back apologizing and they gave me a $30 credit for my patience. I use that to order some more items, then in December i received my order from them. Unfortunately on one of the items they sent the wrong part. Sent them an e-mail and they told me to keep that extra item and they would send me my part immediately. At the end of January, e-mailed them again that I was still waiting for my part. A few weeks later got an e-mail that they would be popping it in the mail and currently still waiting.

Their customer service is fantastic, but the communciation could be improved on. Overall I am still satisfied with them. I have dealt with worst vendors .... hopefully they are just going through growing pains.

Regards,
Henry

jongas
03-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah I hope to hear from them soon - I have sent another email or 2.

I had ordered some of the display frames and landing gear light switches - they are the cheapest for these and the quality looks great, so my build is kinda in limbo at the moment until these arrive as once the overhead is finished I don't plan on taking it out again to fit more switches - I am sick of the soldering iron as it is !!!! :-)

Fingers still crossed,

Jon

jongas
03-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Still no news from Dave at Flight Facsimile,

As anyone else heard from them in recent weeks?

Any suggestions??? - its been way too long now with no contact,

Jon

andarlite
03-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Nope, haven't heard from them for about a month.

Still waiting on one more part from my original order from last September.

Regards,
Henry

ATausN
03-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Same Problem!
Last contact in January. (alibi? answer with cockpit project in australia)
Since then no reply (6 Mails)!
No Reaction of my money back request.

Bang goes the money?! :-(

I would dis advise to make orders or send money at the moment.

Alex

ChrisKLAS
03-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Same here. Ordered some NG window handles back in late November, inquired in early January and was told about the "sim project" and Dave offered to include some window stickers in my order to make up for the delay. No reply since to at least 5 e-mails regarding status. Like most, I'm beyond 45 days so Paypal is of no help with a resolution. Hope the $$ isn't gone forever and Flight Facsimile gets its act together.

jongas
03-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Ok, so this is looking quite serious now

In such a tightly knitted group of enthusiasts it does not take much to make or break a reputation.

If anyone gets any news please let us all know on this thread.

I know Dave is a member here and MC has posted news articles on the homepage for them in the past - I wonder if Matt has any contact details or indeed has heard from them?

Looking at Dave's profile he was last online on 28th Feb - well after many of my emails!

Fingers crossed this all sorts itself out leaving everyone very happy!

Jon

jongas
03-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Any news or ideas guys?

Another weekend will pass without being able to fit the parts for the sim...

Jon

ChrisKLAS
04-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Just following up... has anyone heard anything from Dave Proud? Coming up on 5 months since my order and still no parts nor communication!

Westozy
04-30-2010, 05:45 AM
I wanted to buy throttle lever handles from flightfacsimilie and two emails went unanswered. I don't believe this company is a serious supplier, no company would ignore potential clients. I decided to manufacture my own throttle knobs and I will make them available to everyone else as soon as the molds have been completed. Aerosim Solutions will answer your emails lol!!!

Gwyn

ChrisKLAS
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
..no company would ignore potential clients..

Potential clients? They've taken my money and run, and by the sound of this thread, done it to quit a few others also!! :mad:

jongas
04-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Yep I agree Chris,

Nobody seems to have any contact - I am really angry about this but cannot see any way of resolving:-(

Jon

twisted8
04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I really wanted to buy their landing light switches. Sorry to hear about their bad service.
Somebody else should make those light switches at their affordable price! Gwyn?

Steve A
04-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Anyone can stick up a website and a few pictures of wonderfully cheap parts, when they dont deliver, ignore all contact and rip off fellow simbuilders, they deserve all the bad press they get. I have found this community to be very close and tight knit and i have got to know some fantastic,reliable, innovative, professional, value for money and above all Honest vendors.
I know this statement wont get your money back fella's but at least you have stopped anyone else from being scammed.

Regards Steve

Westozy
04-30-2010, 10:15 PM
I really wanted to buy their landing light switches. Sorry to hear about their bad service.
Somebody else should make those light switches at their affordable price! Gwyn?

My friend Denham Dunstall is the Director of Science and Technology at www.scitech.org which is our local science centre serving the community. Denham showed me how to get started with CNC machining and he is an invaluable source of knowledge and skills. I will be seeing him again soon and I will be asking him to teach me some 3D CNC machining skills, I will also ask him about molding the molding processas he does quite a bit of molding for Scitech. We could use landing light switches as a kick off project. I also want to mold speedbrake and flap lever handles etc. I think adding molding to the skills list will be a good move for Aerosim and I'm looking forward to it.

For those who believe they have lost money with this supplier you may have a course of action by visiting - http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/
Australia's government does not tolerate unfair trading and will assist with even the smallest complaint! First I would urge those of you out of pocket to have another attempt at reconcilliation with this vendor, he might have been ill or something?

I also note that flight facsimilie operates from a free Google website and he is in breach of Google rules and conditions, my old website was with Google and I was fully aware that the site was not to be used for commercial venture. This is why I created my new website with Ken's invaluable help.

Cheers Gwyn
www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

twisted8
05-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Thank you for the info, will stay tuned!

Geremy Britton
05-03-2010, 08:41 AM
I also note that flight facsimilie operates from a free Google website and he is in breach of Google rules and conditions, my old website was with Google and I was fully aware that the site was not to be used for commercial venture. This is why I created my new website with Ken's invaluable help.

Cheers Gwyn

When the setup fees are £0, people like this can stick anything for sale take the money and run. It is important to buy from people you know well, communicate well, and have a reputation (ie feedback, reviews etc)

jongas
09-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone, been a while!

Has anyone had any luck getting hold of Dave from FF?

No contact here approaching the 1yr mark - no updates to the website either...

Jon

ATausN
09-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Nothing! :(

Melnato
09-03-2010, 09:05 PM
One year?
Get the hint guys...sorry.

Nat

Leo Bodnar
09-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Hi guys,
I don't want to sound downbeat but a lot of people in this hobby are in their retirement years and can pass away - which is always unexpected and randomly prepared for.
Are you sure website is not running on AP with nobody alive at controls?
Cheers
Leo

Jordan Farmer
09-04-2010, 05:18 AM
That is a valid point Leo, as difficult as it may be to accept, people do pass away, and many have no warning, i hope that they havnt at FF but, who knows :/

jongas
09-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Nat,

I think we have all accepted that we may never see our money or ordered parts - however that does not stop us using this valuable community to share information.

The company were notorious for taking many months to realise orders so you could say there is justification in holding out a glimmer of hope. Also I dont want others to fall into the same trap....

If restarting a thread and contacting members every so often may just help me recoup the £100+ I have lost then its a few seconds well spent don't you think?! ;-)

Leo - good point and those thoughts did cross my mind, however like you I hope this is not the case.

I did come across Dave's associate who also worked on producing the products but no replies to emails to him nor via PM's on a forum he regularly posted on (with details of FF in the autosig!)

Jon

Melnato
09-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi Jon,

I too have lost money TWICE to members here (not Dave), so I know what its like.
I just think its too late now for any hope on this one.

Dave is not old at all, so I doubt he died of old age( :) )...maybe it just got too much too quick for him...
like the other two hopefulls.

Nat