PDA

View Full Version : Does TH2G work in Window Mode?

colt45
01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
I just set up my TH2G and everything is working fine in terms of resolution (5040x1050). I also get a nice widescreen view in my 2D cockpit. However when I go into Window mode while in 2D cockpit the view is limited to one of the monitors ; #1 on the TH2G. The reason I need to be in Window mode is due to my GPS on my 4rth monitor which is an adapted PSone display. As long as I am in Window mode the GPS will show up fine. However when I go to full screen mode my GPS screen gets shrunk to the point is is unreadable.

So I either need to get the GPS working in full screen or the TH2G working in WIndow mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dave

Willem737NG
01-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi Dave,

I also use a triplehead2go.
To view the program over three screens you have to change the Matrox software. You can program on which screens you want to display a progam when clicking the minimize/maximize button.
I believe this is also possible when you hold the ctrl button and then maximize you window.

You can also view your gps panel when in full screen mode.
There are two ways. You can change the panel cfg file to make the gps panel larger. Just add something like size_mm=1024,768 you can also visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526956.aspx for some discriptions of the panel cfg.
The second option is to make your gps panel bigger before going into full screen mode. You haven to strech the panel like any other windows panel and the go to full screen mode.
This option is also available in full screen and then strech your gps panel. This is al little more difficult because you can not see the borders of the panel very well when in full screen mode.

If you go for the first option, your panel will always be shown larger. With the second option you have to enlarge it every time you start flight simulator.

I hope this helps you.

Regards
Willem

colt45
01-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks for your suggestions Willem. I tried the Ctrl button to maximize the window over all three screens. Unfortunately this resulted in the top half of the screens flickering madly. I have also tried different modifications to the size_mm line in the panel cfg file for the GPS panel. Interestingly the higher the values the smaller the GPS looks when put into full screen mode. As for the second option, when the GPS is undocked in Window mode it is quite a bit larger than the PSOne screen. However when I drag it to the PSOne screen it fits fine. However when I use Alt+Enter to go to fullscreen mode it gets shrunk again to a point that I can not read it.

I did read through the Microsoft address you provided a number of times but it just leaves me more confused. I tried a variety of values for size_mm as well as WxH values for the GPS gauge itself but nothing seems to work out. The gauge is either to small to read or when it is large enough that I can read it I can only see a portion of the GPS.

Again thanks for providing the suggestions you did.

Dave

Willem737NG
01-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi Dave,

Unfortunatly you haven't succeeded yet.
Did you install the Matrox software? You can download it from their site.
Within the software you can configure on how you want to display software over your three screens. These settings are for all programs when in window mode. So when you change these setting you also see your explorer program over three screens when you maximize.

The other option i mentioned.
Maybe i gave you the wrong setting to change. You have to add some lines to your panel.cfg file. I will give you an example of what i use for the pmdg overheadpanel. I see the panel on the left screen when in full screen mode.
When i use full screen mode over all the three screens i enter the value Window_size=0.333,1.000 if i want to display a module in just one screen. It actually says 0.333 is one third of the x-as (so one screen of three) and 1.000 for the y-as.
Sometimes i also have to try different settings before it is in the right place.
Example:
[Window06] // PMDG_OVERHEAD_PANEL
file=737NG_Overhead_1280.bmp
file_1024=737NG_Overhead_Background_1280.bmp
size_mm=1280,960
position=0
visible=0
ident=OVERHEAD_PANEL
window_size= 0.333, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

The last two lines are to add the size and place of the panel.

I hope this will be the solution for you.

Regards
Willem

colt45
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Willem,

Thanks again for helping with this issue. I think I have found a solution that works for my case. What I have done is to oversize the window for the GPS on one screen while in Windows mode. Then I undock the GPS to the smaller PSOne display which results in only a portion of the GPS actually being visible on the display. I then hit Alt+Enter to go to full screen mode and the GPS fits on the PSONe display OK so that it is visible and readable. Save that as a start up flight situation and it seems to be working fine.

I do have the latest Matrox Powerdesk to configure my widescreen settings. Although I can use the Ctrl button with the maximize icon to open the Window across all three monitors while in other programs such as Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, etc . I can not get it to work in FS9. I continue to get a flickering screen on all 3 monitors for the top half to 2/3 of the monitors. That's OK as I prefer the full screen mode any way.

Again thanks for your input.

Dave