PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question on PM and PMDG

vybhav
01-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Dear Friends

I am planning to install PM Boeing 737 Suite on my FS2004. My favourite aircraft is PMDG Boeing 737-900. I understand you need to amend some files before you can use PMDG with PM.

I am a newbie with PM, can you help me on how to do this or alternatively share some references that can guide me with this.

Peter Dowson
01-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Dear Friends

I am planning to install PM Boeing 737 Suite on my FS2004. My favourite aircraft is PMDG Boeing 737-900. I understand you need to amend some files before you can use PMDG with PM.

I am a newbie with PM, can you help me on how to do this or alternatively share some references that can guide me with this.

Basically you have to effectively throw away most of what you are buying. You can't use their panels, which is where all their systems logic is. You just use the visual model and the flight model.

So, in the Panel.CFG file you remove everything except the Views. No gauges, no panels. Probably best to create a new Panel folder called, say "PM", create your very cut down PANEL.CFG file there, and in the Aircraft.CFG file add a new [fltsim.n] section with a distict title for the PM version (in the "title=" line), and "panel=PM".

You'll find some useful aircraft files which you can use with the PMDG 737s over in the Project Magenta website. Select Updates, scroll to the bottom and click on the link for Boeing aircraft data ("here"). Both Steve Reyling and Bob Scott did some work to make PM's control better with those aircraft.

Regards
Pete