PDA

View Full Version : Radar Contact Hardware conflicts

Steve A
01-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I installed radar contact 4 today and it has given me nothing but problems, I have a hardware cockpit consisting of various opencockpits and goflight modules. I fly pmdg 737 exclusively.
When i try to program vr insight cdu it conflicts with rc4 as if sending keyboard commands. With o/cockpits mcp and efis certain dials and switches are either causing conflict the same as cdu or not working at all.

As soon as i stop rc4 and reload fs9 everything is fine and all works as it should.
I know it has to do with the keyboard commands conflicting with each other but im afraid i have that much stuff installed, either working through fsuipc, sioc or the hardware's own software, that each time i have tried to give radar contact a different key assignment for the various commands i just cause something else to act strange.

How can i re-assign the 8 or so keyboard commands in radar contact and be sure im not using an already in use key combination. Is there a way to do it ?

02-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi after you start RC4 you will see the main screen, the Keyboard tab is there, you can edit the assignments there.

James

Steve A
02-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks James i understand the way in which to re-assign keyboard commands for RC, however i have tried as many different combinations as possible and still i have conflicts thru other software, My solution was to bin Radar contact.

02-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Sorry Steve, just getting the jist of what you meant,I think there is a way of monitoring what buttons etc are pressed in FSUIPC, have a look in the FSUIPC SDK. I think its called fslook??

JJ

Holclo
02-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Will be interested in your findings Steve.
Bill

Steve A
02-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Bill, I noticed you replied to the thread on the radar contact forum too, did you solve the issue? I am now at the same stage as you. As in everthing seems to work except the heading knob being turned anti-clockwise. You have a different manufacturer for your mcp... We both have pmdg, and like you im certain non of the assigned commands in rc4 conflict with my mcp keyboard commands.

I was thinking about using voice recognition with rc4 if it will eliminate keyboard presses

Regards Steve

Holclo
02-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Bill, I noticed you replied to the thread on the radar contact forum too, did you solve the issue? I am now at the same stage as you. As in everthing seems to work except the heading knob being turned anti-clockwise. You have a different manufacturer for your mcp... We both have pmdg, and like you im certain non of the assigned commands in rc4 conflict with my mcp keyboard commands.

I was thinking about using voice recognition with rc4 if it will eliminate keyboard presses

Regards Steve
Steve
No haven't solved it yet but it is possible. I know I had this problem on my Win XP set up but got around it. Only problem is I don't remember how!!! Too many birthdays.
As I am currently puting together my sim under Win 7, I'm afraid RC4 is at the bottom of a long ToDo list!!
However I came across a file page where I had indicated that I had changed the RC key assignments to Ctrl + Shift + 1, Ctrl + Shift + 2 etc - maybe that was what fixed it. Try that and let me know. If it doesn't work I will do a more thorough search amongst my untidy records.
Like you I am also considering "voice control" so that I can use RC4 if I don't wish to use Vatsim
Best Wishes
Bill