PDA

View Full Version : Real Cockpits and Cockpit Parts For Sale

blueskydriver
01-12-2010, 05:08 PM
My fellow pilots,

Today, I completed the purchase of a B727 Cockpit Cutout (Shell)from Universal Assets Management Inc. in Memphis, TN, USA. It came with a great deal of the internal parts in the cockpit still remaining. It only lacks the gauges and seats; otherwise, everything else is there! Here is the good news, it only cost me $3000 and, AND HERE IS THE BETTER NEWS! The company I purchased the cockpit from has allowed me to tell you about the many other cockpits and parts they have available.

Get this B737 Cockpits for $18,000 US and they have more then one. That's right B737 for $18,000!!! Plus they have many other cockpits, A320, B767, B747 (on these three you'll need to contact the company for further information). These have not been cut yet, so if you wanted longer sections you could work out deals for different cuts and/or at different prices.

Additionally, you'll be able to get many, many different types of parts...seats, yokes, panels, pedals, and much, much more! Soon, I'll have a list of the parts that will be available. They're company is located in Memphis, TN, but there dismantling facility is located in Arkansas, USA. I verified the company and have spoke to many of the employees, and can tell they're very friendly, as well as extremely helpful.

Here is the website and company information:

http://www.uaminc.com/

Universal Assest Management
5350 Popular Avenue
Suite 150
Memphis, TN

telephone: 901-682-4064

Please ask for Donnie at extension #123 and mention my name John Combs and that you found out about their company through MyCockpit.org.

Here are some attached photos of my purchased cockpit.

30673068306930703071]

ran56
01-19-2010, 02:51 AM
Hi John,

Do you have by chance Donnies email.

Thanks,

Ran.

blueskydriver
02-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Hello Ran, Yes Donnies email is:

dmaxwell@uaminc.com

Thank you,

John

blueskydriver
02-03-2010, 04:07 AM
To all MyCockpit.org members,

As I posted back on Jan 12, 2010, I purchased the B727 Cockpit section from Universal Asset Management. On Jan 23 a friend and I drove from Wisconsin to Universal Asset Management (UAM) in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas to pick the cockpit up from the disassembly facility. We arrived on Sunday morning and to our surprise the staff was working full steam on dismantling. We were allowed to view all the aircraft in different stages of being dismantled.

We saw B727’s, B737’s, a single B747, an A320 and a DC3 or DC9, plus many other aircraft that I didn't even recognize. At first glance, from the road, it appears as an active airport because there are so many vertical stabilizers in the air, above the tarmac; however, it is not.

In fact, it’s a former WWII training area and there are old style barracks buildings everywhere to prove such. Oddly, you wouldn’t know this based on the layout of the area. Anyhow, upon entering the main gate, the breakdown facility appears rather small, but in reality, we were not seeing the entire area all at once, and it was not until we drove around further, that we discovered the full scope of UAM's operations.

After meeting the UAM staff and my friend sizing up the load, we were allowed to leave the trailer overnight on the grounds, in order to proceed to a hotel for a much needed rest (12 hour drive). On Monday, the UAM staff loaded the cockpit onto the trailer and helped secure the load. Afterwards, we departed immediately due to an approaching winter storm that left Arkansas and the southeast covered in a great deal of ice. In spite of an invitation from Donnie Maxwell to visit the parts storage warehouse 10 miles from the aircraft location, we decided that any delay would likely leave us stranded somewhere waiting for the weather to pass. So, we drove onward towards Wisconsin.

Our first impression was that we would have issues with the winds. We actually had a tail wind at first, but the wind changed and came from North to North/Northwest. Thus, we had a 45 degree headwind most of the way. It took us from Monday morning until Tuesday evening to arrive at home. We did stay overnight in another hotel, but that was after traveling 320 miles at 45-50mph. At that speed, it was slow, but we were doing good...

The only real problem we had was getting the cockpit and trailer backed down the driveway, it had snowed a great deal and then froze over and thereby leaving the drive a slip-n-slide mess. However, we got it in and it was removed from the trailer by a crane truck the next day. Being placed on railroad ties and covered with tarps until a new building can be built to accommodate this new addition to my hobby; the cockpit is now home and I am very happy.

dmaxwell@uaminc.com

Or make contact by calling:

1-901-682-4064

PHYSICAL ADDRESS:

Universal Asset Management
5350 Poplar Avenue, Suite 150
Memphis, TN 38119

One last note: Did I mention the total cost for this?

B727 Cockpit $3,000 US
Transportation Fuel $500
Hotel(s) $200
Food $100

Total $ $3,800

Where else could you get it this cheap? Plus, even for slightly more, I am sure UAM can ship items to you and thereby allowing you to avoid the “do-it-yourself” method as I did…

Now enjoy the pictures and expect a video later…32563257325832593260

blueskydriver
02-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Here are some more photos:

twisted8
02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
that's a great deal specially since it came with some many parts! enjoy it!

aetheridge
02-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Awesome John. When I first saw the pictures I have to admit I was a little worried about you making it home. I am glad to hear all is well. I am working on getting the remaining panels to you no problem. I am working on that as I type actually. I am really glad you enjoyed your visit to the tear down facility. It is defiantly not like anything else you will ever see. You are welcome to come back anytime. Next time you are in the area give me a call. You can come to the warehouse and check out the B777-200 landing gear we have stocked there. The sheer size never ceases to amaze me. Who knows? There just might be another cockpit in your future. Next trip, diner is on me. I'd love to sit down and actually talk with you over a meal.

Andrew Etheridge
aetheridge@uaminc.com
901-682-4064

kermit
02-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi Andrew, do you have cessna 172 pref Mserie,
I`m looking for head/ side and doorpanels and others maybe some seats, can you provide?
greetz

aetheridge
02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi Andrew, do you have cessna 172 pref Mserie,
I`m looking for head/ side and doorpanels and others maybe some seats, can you provide?
greetz

I sure don't. We deal in commercial aircraft only. The smallest thing we have is a CRJ200. I do have plenty of seats available but I am afraid they would all be too large for your use. Please keep us in mind for anything you need in the future though.

Thanks,

Andrew Etheridge
aetheridge@uaminc.com

Michael S
02-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi, Andrew :)

Just out of curiousity:

What would be the price for B727/B737 Yokes and Control columns?

aetheridge
02-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Well we usually keep all of the yokes with the cockpits as they are one of the deciding factors in the cockpit purchases. I MIGHT, and that is a MIGHT be able to rob a yoke or two from a 737. I can let the yokes go at $200ea and the columns for $500. No promises though as to if I can provide it yet. If those prices are something that interest you shoot me an email over and we can talk about it further.

Thanks,

Andrew Etheridge
aetheridge@uaminc.com

blueskydriver
02-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for taking good care of me throughout my adventure in getting this cockpit. And yes, there will be a next time, as I will take you up on the dinner, as well as coming back for more items someday. If I would've been able to stay a few days longer, I surely would have, but due to the weather that both Arkansas and Wisconsin have been going through lately, one day changes drastically from the next...

Seeing the B777 landing gear would be a treat; however, I already feel like a kid in a candy store who was allowed to eat everything in site. I'm not sick mind you, in fact seeing all the aircraft and knowing that some of them are available for purchase makes me feel very good. It's like that feeling of having candy for the first time; it taste so good and it puts a big smile on one's face.

@ Michael, $200 each for real yokes and $500 for columns is a steal of a price. Plus, I've seen these B737 cockpits up close and personal, these parts are worth the money.

@ Twisted 8, Yes, it is a great deal and you or anyone else can get a great deal too. Call Donnie or Andrew (or PM Andrew here) because they have more than one B727 cockpit sitting on the tarmac waiting for a new sim builder's home to go to. Also, they listed B737 cockpits at a special price of $15K for MyCockpit.org members ($18K otherwise).

John

kermit
02-04-2010, 02:40 AM
Dont want to be a pain, But it looks like a real Ad.:)
greetz

blueskydriver
02-04-2010, 03:39 AM
Hi Kermit,

Nope it's not an Ad. I am just one of those types of people that gets excited easily over things that have to do with flight simulation. I went to this place and I am trying to help other sim builders here in MyCockpit to get some items from them as I did.

Edit: Oh Kermit, I noticed you asked about C172 parts and it's too bad they don't have any; however, I might know a place for you to look into and thereby, giving you a chance to get something you need. Give me a day and I'll find it for you.

John

kermit
02-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi Kermit,

Nope it's not an Ad. I am just one of those types of people that gets excited easily over things that have to do with flight simulation. I went to this place and I am trying to help other sim builders here in MyCockpit to get some items from them as I did, at cheap prices (what I think that is cheap). There have been so many complaints about high prices over the years and how we cannot afford these items. Thus, after finding a place that fits the need, I am just trying to share it. Of course, it's up to you to look into it further...

Besides, there has also been many other reports or reviews about other dismantling companies here in MYC, and for the most part it's normally something bad about the company. However, in this case it's not bad, it's good. So, if something is good about a company, it's not called an ad, it's called a good review!

By the way, I found out about this cockpit and company because someone else was kind enough to post about it and thereby, giving me the chance to look into it further. And, in which case I purchased the cockpit because of it. Thus, I am just returning the favor, so the next guy will have the same chance...

Edit: Oh Kermit, I noticed you asked about C172 parts and it's too bad they don't have any; however, I might know a place for you to look into and thereby, giving you a chance to get something you need. Give me a day and I'll find it for you.

John

Hi John,
I`m just teasing you,:D
your response looks like the ads from tellsell, wich air on the dutch television.
every time I look at it , it puts a smile on my face, because they really think it will sell to the Dutch.
After a brief periode you find the items in a shop at a very very low discount price.
And they still try to sell other crap products .
No I dont mean B737 or other planes .
But abs trainers and so on.
Please give me adresses where I could find cessna parts at a discount price:D

best regards Henk

blueskydriver
02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey Kermit,

Here is the link I had:

http://aircraftpartsandsalvage.com/

For everyone else following this thread, here is the link for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Electrifly#p/a/u/0/5BhsLJUQ3dU

Best Regards,

John

project 727
02-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Hi John
And congratulations to You on making your dream come true.

I really did enjoy your video especially since it brought me back memories of when I obtained and transported my 727.
You can see our "PROJECT 727" fuselage at www.xsn.net/project727. We have many pictures and a few You tube videos on the website I'm sure you will enjoy

Acquiring the cockpit is just the beginning of all the challenges and fun that lies ahead. Your Boeing 727-200 is a beautifully airliner. Your will enjoy ever second you spend restoring her. preserving her and returning her to the skies as her captain. Your 727 will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.

Please Keep us all up to date with your progress and PM me if you think we can help in any way.

Joe Maldonado
PROJECT727
www.xsn.net/project727

blueskydriver
02-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Hey Joe,

Thank you. I am happy you enjoyed the video and it brought back those flashback moments for you. Although, it is in fact, your website with all the photos/videos you've posted upon it that lead me to going after my B727 Cockpit. I"ve watched over the years how your project went from being a former aircraft to an awesome simulator. What you have done has been a great influence to us all... In fact, some of your "leading the way" aspects is what others including myself need. And, speaking of such, I would like to know how you produced the gauges and on screen items (behind the MIP) for your sim?

You show the progress of the gauge development on your website, but you do not reveal how you've done it exactly. Much like Project Magenta is to the B737, I know what you've done is something similar, but only relevant to the B727, so what program/software did you use? Can you share that with us? As for me, using virtual gauges is the best choice as opposed to interfacing the real ones. At least for now; however, if Rob continues showing us how to do interfacing with the B727 gauges, I might go that route sooner than later.

Anyway, thanks again for your compliments and I will post more information, photos, and videos as my project progresses. I might even get Karen to make up a website for me...

John

project 727
02-12-2010, 12:44 AM
John

I just sent you a PM

Joe Maldonado
PROJECT 727
www.xsn.net/project727