PDA

View Full Version : What is your real world profession

vybhav
01-10-2010, 11:46 AM
We are all together as hobby builders and flight simulation enthusiasts. But it is also a fact that not all of us are in the field of aviation. This poll is to just know more about our real world professions.

Note: The individual votes are confidential and cannot by seen by others. What is visible is only total votes.

CessnaGuy
01-10-2010, 01:59 PM
You forgot to put 'Pilot' on the poll....would of thought this would be top of the selection?......

Steve A
01-10-2010, 01:59 PM
I voted engineer because that is my profession although i havent been in the trade for over 6 years. I was a manual/cnc miller. I'm still in engineering but i re-trained in a different engineering field and i wonder if i should tell you what it is lol.
I get covered in poo now and again and come around your house and unblock your sewerage amongst other very disgusting things lol. Im a drainage technician lol So if you ever have the pleasure of meeting me... make sure im out of my work gear and i have showered before you shake my hand, because you wont be to sure where its been.

vybhav
01-10-2010, 02:05 PM
You forgot to put 'Pilot' on the poll....would of thought this would be top of the selection?......

I thought about but then made the category more broader by including "Aviation Industry"

WJH308
01-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I am a cargo pilot for Flight Express.

fly_ebos
01-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi, I'm an air traffic controller at Maastricht UAC, controlling above Belgium FL245+

Bjarne Horsbøl
01-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Hello !

I know you canīt list every profession there is, therefore Others is fine.

And I think it has some relevance to know who is Engineer,Aviation Industry etc etc.

.... but who is interested in specific Doctor Accountant Lawyer ??

What about craftsman working with wood or metal... ???

2 cent from Denmark

Matt Olieman
01-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Hello !

I know you canīt list every profession there is, therefore Others is fine.

And I think it has some relevance to know who is Engineer,Aviation Industry etc etc.

.... but who is interested in specific Doctor Accountant Lawyer ??

What about craftsman working with wood or metal... ???

2 cent from Denmark

You're right.... Like they say, hind site has 20/20 vision :) :) :)

Every time we do a new poll we learn, and we are grateful for anyones input. Matter of fact, if anyone has an idea of a poll, send Vybhav or myself a list of questions and we'll use it.

fweinrebe
01-12-2010, 02:18 PM
I can't believe it that you left out the Computer Industry. lol. :-) Without computers there would not have been a cockpit building hobby. 80% of the Other group is probably from the IT Industry.

It's true you can't put up every profession. The answers are quite interesting so far.

padus71
01-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Hi to all people,

May be mine is very strange work for a man loving flyin: I'm a musician, pianist at the Ballet School of Teatro alla Scala, Milan, Italy...

Bye

Marco

RojanTrojan
01-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow, there is a lot of engineers here... now that is handy!

Rhydian

ak49er
01-12-2010, 09:48 PM
I am an Industrial Turbine Technician, at a 400 MW Power Plant, overhauling and maintaining Industrial Gas and Steam Turbines, and other high speed (3600 RPM) rotating equipment.

pilotwannabe
01-13-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm a land based pilot - a bus driver!

Oh! I've also got carpentry/joinery qualifications (almost forgot!)

tpbal
01-14-2010, 12:02 AM
IT Manager
I suspect a lot of IT people will be in the "others"...
T

sacad
01-14-2010, 03:14 AM
iam cpl/ir pilot
fine arts student ..
mycockpit is my airfield these days :D

litebkt
01-15-2010, 09:35 AM
I am an EE. I've done all sorts of things in the computer business over the years. I was playing on the internet long before anyone knew anything about it. I started out working on machines that no one has heard of these days. I'm rather dated to some degree. I left that part of the high tech business in 2002 and started a telescope business. I designed, built, and sold large portable telescopes for astronomical observing. They were very nice with lots of cool features including GOTO and tracking. Yup, you could fit one of my 18" scopes in a Volkswagon bug. I suspended the business a while back due to some physical injuries. My husband may help me pick it back up when he retires next year. I also play the cello and even get paid for it on occasion. I suppose that makes it my only professionn at the time.

I'm only 54 years old, retired, and bored to death. That's why I'm picking up this hobby. I'm still doing astronomy, but I want to do something new and fun.

Michelle

Matt Olieman
01-15-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm only 54 years old, retired, and bored to death. That's why I'm picking up this hobby. I'm still doing astronomy, but I want to do something new and fun.

Michelle

You couldn't of picked a better hobby, quite challenging and rewarding :) :) :)

Goldmember
01-15-2010, 03:04 PM
I own a company in online marketing. In the nineties I distributed computer products. In the eighties I studied technical computer science. What sticks is that I do something with computers and consequently people ask me if I can set up the beamer for them. Oh and in the nineties I competed in the Citroën Saxo Cup as a hobby but noone asks me if I can drive the car after they rob the bank or so. That would be sexy.

So basically I connect beamers.

Skylane
01-15-2010, 03:46 PM
I own a company in rehabilitation and nursing aids.
I used to make most of the custom build aids by hand myself, but more into reselling now.

Nico

davek
01-15-2010, 09:57 PM
I dont believe this poll is particularly accurate if you want professions.

As some of the guys have said, you missed IT for a start.

Then you have specific jobs such as doctor, but what about allied health people.

You have accountant and lawyer, what about all those who who work along side in within those industries.

Ok whinge over, just wanted to voice my opinion.

BlackWidow
01-17-2010, 11:16 AM
I am but a humble Welder/Fabricator. I used to be a Combat Medic that jumped form airplanes. WHOOA

Neil Hewitt
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
I voted for 'other' as I'm a manager in software development (oh for an 'IT' option), but I should perhaps have gone for 'journalist' as I used to be one of those in a previous professional life. That would have made me unique and special as there's zero votes there so far. Dammit.

NH

Jake 747 400
01-21-2010, 07:20 PM
I think its interesting on how many differnt proffesions there are within the community, just shows how well loved this hbby is through out the world:) Also interesting how most of the votes are for engineer.

ebnyflyer
01-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Former CRJ Driver (ACA) , Former Glass cockpit instructor, AMT at a legacy Airline working Line Maintenance on Boeing and Airbus,