PDA

View Full Version : FSUIPC + GOFlight T8

KodiakPilot
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm trying to assign switches to turn the right and left generators on for a king air, but neither the goflight nor FSUIPC has commands for this.

I'm a complete noob, so I'm not sure where to go next...

Tim

PDT 200
01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Look under Alternators in either FSUIPC or the GoFlight config utility.
Regards,
Brian

KodiakPilot
01-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Found it. Too bad that I'm using the AFG KingAir 300 that's been patched to FSX doesn't really recognize it. The Annunciator's flash, but the switches don't move.

The mouse clicks of course work just fine.

PDT 200
01-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Use the mouse macro in FSUIPC to assign the function to the T8.
Regards,
Brian

KodiakPilot
01-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for help Brian, I didn't know about the mouse macro's. I went through the FSUIPC manual and followed those instructions but it seems that even when I manipulate the macro file it still doesn't work.

It would appear AFG just manipulated the stock K350 panel to make switches work, maybe that has something to do with it?

Hopefully Flight1 will release their new King Air soon I guess.

Peter Dowson
01-10-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm trying to assign switches to turn the right and left generators on for a king air, but neither the goflight nor FSUIPC has commands for this.

If the aircraft uses the built-in FS generators I think you'll find they operate using the "TOGGLE ALTERNATORn" controls, where n is 1 to 4 for up to 4 of them. FS uses the terms alternator and generator interchangeably.

To find out about regular FS controls, use FSUIPC's "event" logging, operate the panel switches and look in the FSUIPC4 Log file (in the Modules folder) to see what got logged. The control names are given when known. The FSX FSUIPC logging also has a Console window mode, so if you enable that and run FSX in Windowed mode you can see immediately what happens when you click a switch.

Regards

Pete