PDA

View Full Version : A320 unflyable in Thunderstorm

brianwilliamson
12-28-2009, 03:39 AM
I have had this problem time and time again. If I use the auto pilot in a thunderstorm with bad turbulence the auto-pilot will not handle it and crash every time. I was even having problems with TOGA LOCK, until I re-installed GC.( the FSX auto-pilot handles it ok !)
It always amazes me that every trouble seems to need a re-install of Magenta software.
Can anyone else confirm the same problem, and has anyone tried this setup?
Regards....................Brian W.

mmakela
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Please update new fcu, fbw, gc, mcdu! Then we are in the same
line in the beginning. I'll make some tests with these updates, so I
let You know. What AC model are You mainly using. I use ifdg a320-214.
Other thing is that You should avoid flying into strong thunderstorm and
use alternative destination airport.

brianwilliamson
12-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the advice, but you need to know how to handleT-storms !!
It seeems to be a known problem and I have been in touch with Enrico about it. It appears to be to do with the high turbulence settings and the FCU not holding onto the airspeed.
Hopefully this will be rectified .
................Brian W

PaulEMB
12-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Brian,

May I be the first to wish you guys down under a Happy New Year!

mmakela
12-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Yes, Brian I can see this jumping at high level flying when there is turbulence. AC goes up to the cruise level and then dives under it.
Also thrust is not stable at all.
I hope we can fix this with PM stuff:-)

Happy New Year Paul and Brian!

brianwilliamson
01-01-2010, 09:05 PM
I think the turbulence problem is fixed to some degree in the latest upgrade, but I will do some more testing.
The FBW 15 is still not usable, if you apply full right aileron it rolls left. Not very safe !!
Cheers..................Brian W.

mmakela
01-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Last flight from Helsinki to Copenhagen (appr.500nm) I found these things.
1. At TO I leave joystick climb angle to 15degree but this pitch does not stay.
2. AC misses a flight path. After dep Helsinki airport I'm 40 miles away from route.
3. When I achieve cruise lever AC's nose goes up and down a bit. Is this a Yaw damper
problem?
4. when Descend thrust suddenly raises and then reduces without any explanation. I must check what precise is happening here.
5. While descend I see in MCDU that I will have --- fuel in destination althought I have
enough fuel even to alternative airport.
6. How to get autobraking more effective? I have MED but it is hardly enough. This is not
PM related thing I assume?

Yours,
Markus