PDA

View Full Version : Need testers for 737 systems simulator software

metamarty
11-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Hello,

I'm slowly adding support for different hardware into my system simulation software. I recently added support to connect to a IOCP server for controlling opencockpits hardware. Because I don't have this hardware, and I don't have experience with it, I'd like some feedback on this.

The package is freeware for noncommercial use and you'll find lots and lots of hardcore simulation and an instructor station in there. The scope of the system is: full overhead panel, fire panel, master caution system and instructor station.

It's been in use for over a year at our training center. The only prerequisite at this moment is an installed dot net runtime. FSUIPC is needed if you want to connect to flightsim. You can download the system from http://marty.selfip.com

Please discuss anything you like, don't like, run into, or other things. I'd like as much feedback as possible to improve this system.

Thanks,

Marty

capetonian
11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Got your message and read it last night, I downloaded the software but did not do much with it as I as in Paris, .. Back in Almere now and this weekend I am going to give it a serious play :)

markusr
12-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Hi Marty,

will this also work with the hardware joystick controller from Leo (http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/) ?
My idea is when a swtich is pressed that is connected to the USB board above and running your software, than the status in your software will be changed and the respective LED will go on on my opencockpits USB Output card.

Has anyone tested this yet with OC USB Output?

Thanks
Mark

metamarty
12-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Hi Marty,

will this also work with the hardware joystick controller from Leo (http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/) ?
My idea is when a swtich is pressed that is connected to the USB board above and running your software, than the status in your software will be changed and the respective LED will go on on my opencockpits USB Output card.

Has anyone tested this yet with OC USB Output?

Thanks
Mark
I'm not familiar with this card, but it looks like it emulates a joystick. At current I do not support joystick interface input, but it should not be too hard to implement. All inputs and outputs in the software can be mixed over all supported hardware, so there will be no problem in having it report its status over an opencockpits card. I'm going to look into joystick support now.

Edit:
Joystick support seems to be working in my development version. I will do some more testing and it should be available this week.

markusr
12-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Hi Marty,

wow, great news.
and the best thing would be to get it also working with this usb Servo card
(http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/servo-motors-card-p-42.html?cPath=21_32)
Than it can also be used to display the gauges :rolleyes:

regards,
Markus

metamarty
12-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi Marty,

wow, great news.
and the best thing would be to get it also working with this usb Servo card
(http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/servo-motors-card-p-42.html?cPath=21_32)
Than it can also be used to display the gauges :rolleyes:

regards,
Markus

The good thing about opencockpits is that I don't have to deal with hardware. I only send values to the opencockpits server. Because of some unknowns, I currently don't send gauge information to the server yet. I will need to have some more information on that, but it will certainly be working in the future.

At this moment, calibration of servo's is done in the program, but I don't know how opencockpits hardware deal with this. If anybody has more info, I'd like to know.

metamarty
12-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I've uploaded a new version with joystick support. Can anyone try it out?

markusr
12-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi Marty,

i have just tried it.

Joy2.jpg shows the Gamecontroller joysticks reconized by Windows
Joy1.jpg shows the Joysticks recognized by Prosim737

So the BU0836X Interface is not showing up and therefore not selectable...

ANDYSMITH
12-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi there, names Andy ,I installed and "played" last night and am very impressed. I have a LED64 and an 8-servo card ,both phidgets and in minutes I had my APU EGT guage working!! I have no phidget inputs set up yet so I could not really get things to work BUT I have lots of Leo's "X" cards already wired into my overhead so I can't wait to get home with this new version and assign some switches.

So far I have lots of praise and only one question? Can I assign a single on-off switch to say the Cross-feed by picking the same port number to the "OFF" as well as the "ON'" , or do I need to use two ports in the input card one for "off" and another for "on". I guess I will find out tonight when I get home.?

This is exactly the bridge that I need in my sim to get full systems with the default plane and not spend hundreds or thousands doing it.
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I will test and report and do what I can to help you help me.
Andy Smith

metamarty
12-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi Marty,

i have just tried it.

Joy2.jpg shows the Gamecontroller joysticks reconized by Windows
Joy1.jpg shows the Joysticks recognized by Prosim737

So the BU0836X Interface is not showing up and therefore not selectable...
Ok, that is important information. The program asks windows for all joystick-class USB devices. Here is the tricky part. If this device says it is not a joystick, the program will not receive it. What I've done is upload a newer version of the program that requests all game-class type of controllers, and not just joysticks. Could you please redownload and see if it shows now?

Hi there, names Andy ,I installed and "played" last night and am very impressed. I have a LED64 and an 8-servo card ,both phidgets and in minutes I had my APU EGT guage working!! I have no phidget inputs set up yet so I could not really get things to work BUT I have lots of Leo's "X" cards already wired into my overhead so I can't wait to get home with this new version and assign some switches.

So far I have lots of praise and only one question? Can I assign a single on-off switch to say the Cross-feed by picking the same port number to the "OFF" as well as the "ON'" , or do I need to use two ports in the input card one for "off" and another for "on". I guess I will find out tonight when I get home.?

This is exactly the bridge that I need in my sim to get full systems with the default plane and not spend hundreds or thousands doing it.
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I will test and report and do what I can to help you help me.
Andy Smith
Thanks for the praise! ;)

Yes, you can assign a single switch to a function. In the readme there is some text about configuring inputs. In short: Not all input states need to be connected. You may leave 1 input state unconnected. This will become the default state. For example, if you have a switch with 1 wire for the crossfeed, you configure the line "Crossfeed On" to the wire and you leave the line "Crossfeed off" unconfigured. When the program detects an input on this wire, the crossfeed will be on, otherwise it will be off.

It would not make sense to require all wires to be connected. A push button only has one wire, and could never work. So, simply leave one of the states unconfigured per switch and the program will figure out what state the switch is in.

markusr
12-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok, that is important information. The program asks windows for all joystick-class USB devices. Here is the tricky part. If this device says it is not a joystick, the program will not receive it. What I've done is upload a newer version of the program that requests all game-class type of controllers, and not just joysticks. Could you please redownload and see if it shows now?

Yes, Marty, its working now.
I will test it next week more in detail.
Thanks alot. I keep you updated.
Markus

Michael S
12-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi, Marty :)

I´m sorry to say that I can´t test your software because at the moment I haven´t got an interface or I/O system yet. Anyway I have downloaded it to have a look at it and I´m really stunned. :D It´s looking really great. Will this be freeware or payware once it is released?

My main question: If i understand it right, this is a complete aircraft system simulation for the 737. Anyway the user still needs the glass cockpit software. With wich software can your system be used? Is there a special software suite that fit´s best or that you recomend to use with your software?

Thanks in advance

metamarty
12-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi, Marty :)

I´m sorry to say that I can´t test your software because at the moment I haven´t got an interface or I/O system yet. Anyway I have downloaded it to have a look at it and I´m really stunned. :D It´s looking really great. Will this be freeware or payware once it is released?

My main question: If i understand it right, this is a complete aircraft system simulation for the 737. Anyway the user still needs the glass cockpit software. With wich software can your system be used? Is there a special software suite that fit´s best or that you recomend to use with your software?

Thanks in advance
Thanks for your comments!

The system is free for non commercial use. It is indeed a full systems simulation of the 737. It does not control the MCP/EFIS, FMC's and the various displays. There are other systems out there that can do that for you. Communications with the important FS related parts is done through FSUIPC, so anything that also communicates via FSUIPC (I believe all products do) should be fully compatible. I can't really recommend any product now, since I don't have experience with all of them. I hope I will find a software partner one day who can fill in the blanks under the same "free for noncommercial use" license so it can be one complete package.

capetonian
12-04-2009, 09:09 AM
I can't really recommend any product now, since I don't have experience with all of them. I hope I will find a software partner one day who can fill in the blanks under the same "free for noncommercial use" license so it can be one complete package.

Which part of Holland are you in?

metamarty
12-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Which part of Holland are you in?
I live in Zoetermeer. Our cockpit is in Nootdorp, next to The Hague.

capetonian
12-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Okay, not too far away. I live in Almere.

Would it be possible to pay your cockpit a visit sometime?

metamarty
12-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Okay, not too far away. I live in Almere.

Would it be possible to pay your cockpit a visit sometime?
Definitely, just name a date and time and I'll check the reservations. It is normally rented for training and hobby purposes, but I can get you some free time.

capetonian
12-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi, that would be awesome, .. I just want to see your software in action. Maybe it would be easier for you to name a time and a date, the weekends or evenings suit me the most but I presuem that you are only operating it during office hours.

Should we continue this be email before I go too off topic :) Mine is andrew - at - p166 -dot- com

Cheers Andrew

ANDYSMITH
12-04-2009, 03:31 PM
metamarty, I set up some switches last night and have a question. when I was starting my engines,I had the start switch on and the engine spun up to rpm and started by itself just as I was about to turn on the fuel to idle. does your program turn on the fuel?? or did I do something wrong.

thanks Andy

metamarty
12-04-2009, 06:33 PM
metamarty, I set up some switches last night and have a question. when I was starting my engines,I had the start switch on and the engine spun up to rpm and started by itself just as I was about to turn on the fuel to idle. does your program turn on the fuel?? or did I do something wrong.

thanks Andy

No, the program does not turn on the fuel. That is done with the fuel cutoff switches. The "ENG Valve closed" and the "SPAR Valve closed" indicators show the state of the fuel cutoff valves. The engines should not start as long as these lights are on. You can check if these lights operate correctly by turning the cutoff valve in flightsim on and off.

What might be the case, is that flightsimulator turns on the fuel cutoff valve itself if no hardware is connected. You could try this by turning off the fuel cutoff valves in flightsim and starting the engine from within FSX.

Michael S
12-05-2009, 04:55 AM

The system is free for non commercial use. It is indeed a full systems simulation of the 737. It does not control the MCP/EFIS, FMC's and the various displays. There are other systems out there that can do that for you. Communications with the important FS related parts is done through FSUIPC, so anything that also communicates via FSUIPC (I believe all products do) should be fully compatible. I can't really recommend any product now, since I don't have experience with all of them. I hope I will find a software partner one day who can fill in the blanks under the same "free for noncommercial use" license so it can be one complete package.

Thanks, Marty :)

Originally I intended to build with the PMDG but as we all know, the PMDG overhead is something like the crunch point. :???: So now as this great system simulation is available I´m starting to look around for alternatives to pmdg´s glas ccokpit.

The first two coming to my mind would be Free FD and Alpha FMC. I think I will have a closer look at Alpha FMC.

I´m curious: What´s the software you are using in your sim for the glass cockpit?

markusr
12-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Thanks, Marty :)
The first two coming to my mind would be Free FD and Alpha FMC. I think I will have a closer look at Alpha FMC.

I´m curious: What´s the software you are using in your sim for the glass cockpit?

Hi Michael,

i wanted also to build an Overhead with PMDG and i would test my idea next week. To have a harware switch turned on a) with the great Program from marty and in the same time let FSUIPC toggle the switch in the PMDG Overhead Cockpit. So i can use the logic from Marty to display the LED status and have not to programm all in SIOC and on the otherhand the PMDG is doing the correct thing.

Whats Alpha FMC? I haven't found it in the internet. Do you have a link for me? Does Free FD exists anymore? My 2nd thought was VASFMC, but the only have a logic for Airbus MCDU and not the Boeing FMC...

greets
Markus

Michael S
12-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Whats Alpha FMC? I haven't found it in the internet. Do you have a link for me? Does Free FD exists anymore? My 2nd thought was VASFMC, but the only have a logic for Airbus MCDU and not the Boeing FMC...

http://members.quicknet.nl/scumari/fmc/ (http://members.quicknet.nl/scumari/fmc/)

Alpha FMC is a boeing style glascockpit package. It contains EFIS, ,EICAS, ND, FMC. But no system logic so I thought it might work good in addition to the system logic provided here. But I haven´t tested it yet.

Free FD is also a glascockpit software, but I think it´s not as complex as Alpha FMC. It mainly consist of PFD, ND, EICAS and Standby gauges in boeing style. There is a FMC, but it does not work properly from what I experienced. I´ve got Free FD, I downloaded it just a few months ago, but I didn´t find the download link again. :oops:

Regarding your overhead: I think this could work, but personally I want the Indicators to show the actual software status to confirm everything is working right. I also want to have a working indicator system in case of failure/emergency.

It´s the same thing with the idea of Ian P.Sissons overhead for exampe. It´s a great idea and it should be working well for normal operation but not in unusual or extraordinary situations. That´s why I probably wouldn´t do it this way.

But of course that´s only my personal point of view. ;)

capetonian
12-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Regarding your overhead: I think this could work, but personally I want the Indicators to show the actual software status to confirm everything is working right. I also want to have a working indicator system in case of failure/emergency.

It´s the same thing with the idea of Ian P.Sissons overhead for exampe. It´s a great idea and it should be working well for normal operation but not in unusual or extraordinary situations. That´s why I probably wouldn´t do it this way.

Now... I'd like to offer my opinion if that's okay :) I flew the sim yesterday with Marty's software running all the systems. System failures and logic are really well covered in his system and all his info has been taken from Boeing Manuals. Marty explained a lot of stuff last night that I am still trying to absorb but believe me there is no way you can compare his system to PMDG.

I think, from what I have seen, that his software is probably the most advanced overhead/systems logic that is available at the moment. It is still in development but it's really at a very advanced stage. I thought I know the 737 pretty well but I guess I still have a lot to learn.

The only thing i did not really like was the APU fire when I was on finals for Cape Town :) No, it was cool.

Marty, maybe you can give us a few examples here in plain English of on of the systems like for example the BUS transfer and how you have implemented it.

Cheers,

Andrew.

metamarty
12-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Now... I'd like to offer my opinion if that's okay :) I flew the sim yesterday with Marty's software running all the systems. System failures and logic are really well covered in his system and all his info has been taken from Boeing Manuals. Marty explained a lot of stuff last night that I am still trying to absorb but believe me there is no way you can compare his system to PMDG.

I think, from what I have seen, that his software is probably the most advanced overhead/systems logic that is available at the moment. It is still in development but it's really at a very advanced stage. I thought I know the 737 pretty well but I guess I still have a lot to learn.

The only thing i did not really like was the APU fire when I was on finals for Cape Town :) No, it was cool.

Marty, maybe you can give us a few examples here in plain English of on of the systems like for example the BUS transfer and how you have implemented it.

Cheers,

Andrew.
I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew and his son and we did some flights to explain the systems and shared some knowledge on building. :grin: Unfortunately we were short on time, but we'll do it again in the future.

Explaining all systems would be too complex, but I can tell a little about the buses. There are a lot of electrical buses in the 737 NG. Modeled are for example, the transfer buses, galley buses, DC buses, Battery buses, AC standby buses, DC standby buses, hot battery buses and switched hot battery buses. In between these are relays, transformers and inverters. The switches on the overhead panel govern the control of the relays between these buses. The flow model in the software connects the various components and calculates the flow through them. This for example, allows the overhead panel to accurately display a BAT DISCHARGE light in certain conditions (according to boeing: when a load is over 100 amps for more than 1.2 seconds, over 10 amps for 25 seconds and over 5 amps for 95 seconds)

What's most important about this approach is that I never program situations into the model. The systems operate according to their environments and situations present themselves based upon current conditions, which includes possible failures.

I've now spent about 1.5 years modeling most components to reasonably accurate levels, but refinements will be made during the coming years. I hope close scrutiny and usage experience by more people than me alone will speed up this process, so in the end we can all benefit.

markusr
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
At this moment, calibration of servo's is done in the program, but I don't know how opencockpits hardware deal with this. If anybody has more info, I'd like to know.

Hi Marty,

what information do you need about getting the OC Servo Card functional with your program?
The whole servo movement is programmed via SIOC and variables.
In one variable you define the servo and his positions min, max, center:
Var 8201, name Servo2, Link USB_SERVOS, Output 2, PosL 0, PosC 512, PosR 1023, Type 2 // Servo 2 Vertical Speed

With another variable you can set the Servo: &Servo2 = 200; so the servo moves to position 200.

I hope i can help yout with this.

regards,
Markus

capetonian
12-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey Marty,

I can drop off an opencockpits servo card and a flaps gauge for you this weekend if you want. You can play around with it, I am still a few weeks from getting the flaps gauge mounted !!!

Andrew

metamarty
12-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi Marty,

what information do you need about getting the OC Servo Card functional with your program?
The whole servo movement is programmed via SIOC and variables.
In one variable you define the servo and his positions min, max, center:
Var 8201, name Servo2, Link USB_SERVOS, Output 2, PosL 0, PosC 512, PosR 1023, Type 2 // Servo 2 Vertical Speed

With another variable you can set the Servo: &Servo2 = 200; so the servo moves to position 200.

I hope i can help yout with this.

regards,
Markus

Fortunately, the opencockpits server will take care of the hardware. That won't be the problem. The issue I am facing is, how to reliably get the servo to a certain position. There's more to it than minimum and maximum positions, since servo's usually aren't linear. This means if you have a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 100, '50' won't nessecarily be the exact mid position. This is why there is the calibration in my program for phidgets servo cards.

Hey Marty,

I can drop off an opencockpits servo card and a flaps gauge for you this weekend if you want. You can play around with it, I am still a few weeks from getting the flaps gauge mounted !!!

Andrew

Ah, that would solve the issue! If I could borrow some hardware I can figure out a way to make it work. I'll be in our simulator the whole day tomorrow, or we can meet at a different date if you like :p

Does this include all hardware to get it to work? I believe I need more than a servo card. I probably also need some kind of main control card? I have no opencockpits hardware at all at the moment.

capetonian
12-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Ah, that would solve the issue! If I could borrow some hardware I can figure out a way to make it work. I'll be in our simulator the whole day tomorrow, or we can meet at a different date if you like.

I'll pop a PM off to you. You're welcome to have a play with some OC cards!
I can lend you the MasterCard (from OpenCockpits, not the bank!! :) )/ Expansion card / USB displays and the servo card.

I'll pm/email you tomorrow, .. I'm half asleep now, been a 14 hour work day and there is another one lined up for tomorrow , ..... *yippee*

markusr
12-10-2009, 03:25 AM
Does this include all hardware to get it to work? I believe I need more than a servo card. I probably also need some kind of main control card? I have no opencockpits hardware at all at the moment.

I own only the USB Servo card and its working fine with no master card.
Maybe there are more versions available....

metamarty
12-10-2009, 05:22 AM
I own only the USB Servo card and its working fine with no master card.
Maybe there are more versions available....
I believe indeed that this is a new product line that no longer requires a master card. I've also checked the configuration utility, and I see that they want you to specify a "left", "center" and "right" value. I'll have to test this to see how this works out and how it's supposed to be set.

ANDYSMITH
12-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi Marty, I have an anomoly with my setup. I could be doing something wrong but not shure?
All works perfect on the initial startup from "cold and dark". The "problem" is that after I fly a while, land and shut down I can start the APU but no bleed pressure and no engine rotation. I can't make it work without restarting the program. Any ideas on what to check for?

thanks much...Andy Smith

metamarty
12-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi Marty, I have an anomoly with my setup. I could be doing something wrong but not shure?
All works perfect on the initial startup from "cold and dark". The "problem" is that after I fly a while, land and shut down I can start the APU but no bleed pressure and no engine rotation. I can't make it work without restarting the program. Any ideas on what to check for?

thanks much...Andy Smith

Have you been using wing anti ice? The wing anti ice valve is a pneumatically operated valve. WAI uses a ton of bleed air, and the APU does not provide enough bleedair to move the valve to close position, so make sure you turn off WAI before shutting down your bleed air sources. If you shut down your bleed air sources with WAI on, you're basically stuck in the position you describe.

capetonian
12-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Have you been using wing anti ice? The wing anti ice valve is a pneumatically operated valve. WAI uses a ton of bleed air, and the APU does not provide enough bleedair to move the valve to close position, so make sure you turn off WAI before shutting down your bleed air sources. If you shut down your bleed air sources with WAI on, you're basically stuck in the position you describe.

Hey Marty,

It's this kind of post, especially when combined with having listened to you elaborate in great detail while flying your sim about how certain systems in the 737NG work, that illustrate just how complex your systems software is.

Where other systems might use a more simplified 'FS2004' approach this software makes one actually think about what happens when a switch is flipped. I realized after our first visit to the Sim that I actually only knew the basics of the 737's systems so I went out on the net in search of good stuff for the home library.

Apart from the 737NG cockpit companion and FMC guide that I will pick up next time I am at the LH Shop I also found a few good websites which really go into the systems. Most people here will be familiar with b737.org.uk (www.http://www.b737.org.uk) a site which I often visit and the companion site to Chris Brady's book which I must admit was the first book that I actually purchased on the 737.
Another absolute goldmine of info is www.smarktcockpit.com (www.smartcockpit.com), for all builders among us there is tons of info on most (civil airline type) aircraft. This is the direct link (http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/boeing/B737/) to the 737NG pages.
Most of the system info can be downloaded in PDF form, I have downloaded all the 737 stuff and am printing one or two each time I get a chance at the office, these are then perferated and placed in a 2 ring binder, in this way I can build up a very elaborate 737 systems guide.....

I hope that it helps me understand all the systems in the 737. :)

Here are a few pics from my new 'Bedtime book!' :) All illustration in these pics are from www.smartcockpits.com

http://www.spring-air.com/737_project/241209/bleedair.jpg
Bleed Air Systems

http://www.spring-air.com/737_project/241209/overheat.jpg
Overheat Ducts

http://www.spring-air.com/737_project/241209/apupanel.jpg
APU Overhead panel.

ANDYSMITH
12-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Ok, I feel stupid. Not really, but I now recall my friend telling me that if you shut something down in the wrong order that you will be stuck. He flies for Alaska and said that if you make what I am shure is 'this' mistake in nowhereville Alaska that it is no problem because there are 12 mechanics waiting inside just to help you...NOT..there's no mechanics for 800 miles and it takes all day for one to fly there and manually crank the valve closed so you can start your engines.

Very cool to learn more about the 737, your software is a good learning tool.

Thanks much...Andy Smith

metamarty
12-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Ok, I feel stupid. Not really, but I now recall my friend telling me that if you shut something down in the wrong order that you will be stuck. He flies for Alaska and said that if you make what I am shure is 'this' mistake in nowhereville Alaska that it is no problem because there are 12 mechanics waiting inside just to help you...NOT..there's no mechanics for 800 miles and it takes all day for one to fly there and manually crank the valve closed so you can start your engines.

Very cool to learn more about the 737, your software is a good learning tool.

Thanks much...Andy Smith

No problem, it happens in our simulator too when we had customers. When nobody looked, I pressed CTRL-E on the keyboard to start the engines. :oops:

ANDYSMITH
12-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Marty, have you thought about phidget text LCD support for the electrical panel, volts, amps ect?

Andy

metamarty
12-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi Marty, have you thought about phidget text LCD support for the electrical panel, volts, amps ect?

Andy

Yes, it's nearing completion. I've added support for the MatrixOrbital VFD2041 screen, which is a close copy of the actual green display. Of course, the phidget LCD will work too. The electrical panel will display the usual data and will have a full working maintenance mode when the switches are in "Test" position and the MAINT button is used. This will allow you to view electrical faults that are stored in memory and clear these faults.

RadarBob
01-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Nice work with the ProSim Marty - I have it running on my test PC and it is most impressive.

Couple of minor points that may be of interest - Unless I'm doing something daft of course!

Just looking at the lighting control and on my setup I find that the Anti-Collision Beacon and Strobe controls appear to be exchanged?

Also, Position and R/W Turnoff light controls don't seem to work - I think 'Position' are the Nav Lights referred to at Offset 0D0C bit 0, but I'm not sure whether Runway Turnoff is accessible - Unless it is 'Recognition' referred to at bit 6?

I haven't got as far as controlling any hardware yet, but I hope to try this asap probably using a mix of OC and BU836.

Cheers,

Rob

ANDYSMITH
01-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Happy new year everyone!!

Marty, I have another request, or maybe it already happens?

I have an led 64 card on another computer running FS2Phidgets for MIP, gear, autobrake ect. It would be sweet if I could pick up the offsets for the Master caution, Fire and 6-pack from there and save a bunch of long wires from the overhead down to that location.
That would be usefull for not just me but others with phidgets gear already running. If you could transmit all the ofsets to FSUIPC, one could use guage , button and indicators from anywhere on the network.
I have to run your software on another PC because I could not get the phidgets cards to be seen by two programs. So I have one LED64 in the ovewrhead running directly from your software, and the other for MIP.

Thanks again for your efforts!!!

Andy

metamarty
01-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Nice work with the ProSim Marty - I have it running on my test PC and it is most impressive.

Couple of minor points that may be of interest - Unless I'm doing something daft of course!

Just looking at the lighting control and on my setup I find that the Anti-Collision Beacon and Strobe controls appear to be exchanged?

Also, Position and R/W Turnoff light controls don't seem to work - I think 'Position' are the Nav Lights referred to at Offset 0D0C bit 0, but I'm not sure whether Runway Turnoff is accessible - Unless it is 'Recognition' referred to at bit 6?

I haven't got as far as controlling any hardware yet, but I hope to try this asap probably using a mix of OC and BU836.

Cheers,

Rob

I did take me some time to get a mapping of what I believed was right, but it might be wrong. The anti collision and strobe lights were indeed exchanged, since I believed this to be correct, but I changed them back now, as it seems the strobe lights should be on the wings and the anti collision light should be on the bottom of the fuselage. The position light currently works on bit 0, but it does not seem to affect the lighting of the airplane. You're also right about the turnoff light doing nothing. They are not controllable as far as I know. Bit 6 seems to switch on some light that mostly resemble dim taxi lights, but I don't know what they are supposed to be.

For now, Runway turnoff and Wheel well do nothing more than increase the load on the electric system. The logo and Position lights are switching bits on FSUIPC but I see no response in the model.

Thanks for the input, the fixes will be in the next release.

metamarty
01-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Happy new year everyone!!

Marty, I have another request, or maybe it already happens?

I have an led 64 card on another computer running FS2Phidgets for MIP, gear, autobrake ect. It would be sweet if I could pick up the offsets for the Master caution, Fire and 6-pack from there and save a bunch of long wires from the overhead down to that location.
That would be usefull for not just me but others with phidgets gear already running. If you could transmit all the ofsets to FSUIPC, one could use guage , button and indicators from anywhere on the network.
I have to run your software on another PC because I could not get the phidgets cards to be seen by two programs. So I have one LED64 in the ovewrhead running directly from your software, and the other for MIP.

Thanks again for your efforts!!!

Andy
Happy new year to you too!

It's a good idea to have an FSUIPC output. I'll see if I can add that. For now, the other option is to install the SIOC program from opencockpits. It allows scripting and passing values on to FSUIPC. You can output any value from prosim737 to a SIOC variable and then process it and pass it on to FSUIPC.

RadarBob
01-03-2010, 08:26 PM
All understood Marty.

Glad to be able to contribute - Albeit in a small way!

Some further (model dependent) findings on this one:

In the default 737-400, there is no switch on the overhead for 'Position' and changing the setting with ProSim doesn't have any effect on the Position (Nav) Lights as viewed from outside using 'Spot Plane'.

However, there is a 'Nav' switch which correctly controls the Nav (Position) Lights - You can see them on the outside view, but this 'Nav' switch position is not controlled by the ProSim switches - Interestingly, this 'Nav' switch also seems to turn on the cockpit interior lighting and if you turn the switch off in FS and then change any lighting switch setting in ProSim (Doesn't matter which) then the switch operates and the cockpit and Nav/Position lights come back on - So it seems that they are linked to a bit which ProSim maintains set - Possibly bit 9 (cabin lights)?

In PMDG, there is a switch for 'Position' and this changes when the state is changed in ProSim - When viewed from outside, the Position lights do illuminate accordingly (and without an associated cabin light change!)

In the default 737, there is no ovhd switch for Logo, and there is no logo illumination effect on the A/C logo when viewed from outside using 'Spot Plane'

In PMDG there is a switch for Logo, and it is controlled correctly by ProSim - However, Logo illumination effect when viewed from outside seems to be fixed on anyway.

Had another look to see if I could find out a bit more about what/where the Runway Turnoff Lights were:

According to the POH I have here. they are located in the leading edge wing roots and illuminate the area immediately in front of the main gear.

In the default 737, there are no switches for Runway Turnoff, and I can't see any effect on the A/C lighting when the state is changed by ProSim.

In PMDG, there are switches for Runway Turnoff, but these switches appear to have no effect on the A/C lighting - So perhaps they are just dummies?

Cheers,

Rob

metamarty
01-04-2010, 06:21 AM
All understood Marty.

Glad to be able to contribute - Albeit in a small way!

Some further (model dependent) findings on this one:

In the default 737-400, there is no switch on the overhead for 'Position' and changing the setting with ProSim doesn't have any effect on the Position (Nav) Lights as viewed from outside using 'Spot Plane'.

However, there is a 'Nav' switch which correctly controls the Nav (Position) Lights - You can see them on the outside view, but this 'Nav' switch position is not controlled by the ProSim switches - Interestingly, this 'Nav' switch also seems to turn on the cockpit interior lighting and if you turn the switch off in FS and then change any lighting switch setting in ProSim (Doesn't matter which) then the switch operates and the cockpit and Nav/Position lights come back on - So it seems that they are linked to a bit which ProSim maintains set - Possibly bit 9 (cabin lights)?

In PMDG, there is a switch for 'Position' and this changes when the state is changed in ProSim - When viewed from outside, the Position lights do illuminate accordingly (and without an associated cabin light change!)

In the default 737, there is no ovhd switch for Logo, and there is no logo illumination effect on the A/C logo when viewed from outside using 'Spot Plane'

In PMDG there is a switch for Logo, and it is controlled correctly by ProSim - However, Logo illumination effect when viewed from outside seems to be fixed on anyway.

Had another look to see if I could find out a bit more about what/where the Runway Turnoff Lights were:

According to the POH I have here. they are located in the leading edge wing roots and illuminate the area immediately in front of the main gear.

In the default 737, there are no switches for Runway Turnoff, and I can't see any effect on the A/C lighting when the state is changed by ProSim.

In PMDG, there are switches for Runway Turnoff, but these switches appear to have no effect on the A/C lighting - So perhaps they are just dummies?

Cheers,

Rob
Here's a nice overview of various lights on aircraft:

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/electronics/q0263.shtml

Unfortunately, as you describe, the FSUIPC bits do not contain all lights and some descriptions are different from the 737 labels. The logo lights have a bit, which the program controls, but as you found out, there is no response on the model. Some for wing lights, which should illuminate the wing leading edges. I also fix bit 5 to "on" in any conditions. I had to do this, because of some anomalies with hardware in our cockpit. Some drivers need this bit on to function properly.

I think bit 5 is what you refer to as the nav switch. This is strange, since it is labeled "instruments" in FSUIPC. It is the only bit I always set to on when a switch is operated.

Bit 6 and bit 9 are the only bits which are currently not controlled by the program.

dnoize
01-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Yes, it's nearing completion. I've added support for the MatrixOrbital VFD2041 screen, which is a close copy of the actual green display. Of course, the phidget LCD will work too. The electrical panel will display the usual data and will have a full working maintenance mode when the switches are in "Test" position and the MAINT button is used. This will allow you to view electrical faults that are stored in memory and clear these faults.

Hi Meta,

Do you know a source for the MatrixOrbital in the netherlands ?

Is your software directly communicating with the display ?

The MatrixOrbital uses serial communication.

Futaba also has a few serial VFD's...i guess those could be used too ?

I have two Futaba VFD's on the shelve here, worth a try maybe.

The Futaba VFD are slightly bigger than the Matrix orbital, but still smaller than the original display. The Futaba seems to be cheaper too.

more info on the futaba vfd display range:

http://www.futaba.com/products/display_modules/module_products/character/index.asp

Stef

metamarty
01-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi Meta,

Do you know a source for the MatrixOrbital in the netherlands ?

Is your software directly communicating with the display ?

The MatrixOrbital uses serial communication.

Futaba also has a few serial VFD's...i guess those could be used too ?

I have two Futaba VFD's on the shelve here, worth a try maybe.

The Futaba VFD are slightly bigger than the Matrix orbital, but still smaller than the original display. The Futaba seems to be cheaper too.

more info on the futaba vfd display range:

http://www.futaba.com/products/display_modules/module_products/character/index.asp

Stef

I bought my VFD2041 from a dutch store somewhere in Groenekan, but this was around 1999 and I can't remember the vendor. It was a hobby project and now, 10 years later I found that the display actually fits nicely into the slot for the electric display and it even has the same color and brightness. That's why I implemented it. It's going to look much better than having a phidgets TextLCD in there.

Yes, the module is legacy RS232, but giving the nice USB RS232 cables available, you're not going to notice much about this. Just plug the USB into the hubs that also serve the other hardware. There's a lot of hardware working this way. Even the engravity CDU's are RS232 devices with their RS232 to USB converter built in. The only annoyance is that you'll need to find the COM port that was created by the RS232 converter cable and configure that in the software.

I doubt the matrix orbital driver will work with other vendors displays. There are some escape codes starting with 0xfe that I send to the device for controlling the cursor, clear screen, brightness, etc. If the device does not understand these, it will probably become a mess. The full specs are here:

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/LCDVFD_series/VFD2041/VFD2041_150.pdf

It won't be too hard to build support for other displays, but I will need a sample hardware product to build it.

RadarBob
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the nice link to the lighting overview Marty.

Obviously there are some differences in the way writers have interpreted and implemented some aspects, so I can see that it is difficult to cater for that.

Cheers,

Rob

airbus340
01-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Hello your software is really great but i have one problem i want it to configure it with open cockpits outputs card. the readme says that i should type this in my web browser:
http://<host>:<port>/sioc but i don´t know which port and which host i tried it with localhost and the port i used when i was activating the iocp server(in the hardware window is iocp connection listed) but it dont work can you help me please
thank you yours niko:roll:

metamarty
01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Hello your software is really great but i have one problem i want it to configure it with open cockpits outputs card. the readme says that i should type this in my web browser:
http://<host>:
/sioc but i don´t know which port and which host i tried it with localhost and the port i used when i was activating the iocp server(in the hardware window is iocp connection listed) but it dont work can you help me please
thank you yours niko:roll:

I think you are mixing two things:
First of all you need to connect the program to the IOCP server. To do this, open the configuration window of the program and locate the line that says "IOCP server". Next to it are two text fields. Enter the IP address of the IOCP server in the first one and the port in the second one. You can find these values in the window of the SIOC program. It displays these items.

The next thing is the configure what inputs and outputs you want to use from SIOC. This can be done in the various tabs of the config window. Once that is done, you can get a stub config file via your webbrowser. A typical URL to type into your browser would be http://127.0.0.1:8080/sioc.

</port></host>

dnoize
01-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I bought my VFD2041 from a dutch store somewhere in Groenekan, but this was around 1999 and I can't remember the vendor. It was a hobby project and now, 10 years later I found that the display actually fits nicely into the slot for the electric display and it even has the same color and brightness. That's why I implemented it. It's going to look much better than having a phidgets TextLCD in there.

Yes, the module is legacy RS232, but giving the nice USB RS232 cables available, you're not going to notice much about this. Just plug the USB into the hubs that also serve the other hardware. There's a lot of hardware working this way. Even the engravity CDU's are RS232 devices with their RS232 to USB converter built in. The only annoyance is that you'll need to find the COM port that was created by the RS232 converter cable and configure that in the software.

I doubt the matrix orbital driver will work with other vendors displays. There are some escape codes starting with 0xfe that I send to the device for controlling the cursor, clear screen, brightness, etc. If the device does not understand these, it will probably become a mess. The full specs are here:

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/LCDVFD_series/VFD2041/VFD2041_150.pdf

It won't be too hard to build support for other displays, but I will need a sample hardware product to build it.

I will source a matrix orbital vfd from the us. They are around 114 $.

Meanwhile if you would like to try the Futaba, i have 2 of the NA204SD02 here and you can use one if you like. They can be configured to use either a serial or a parallel protocol.
The vfd glass part fits perfectly in the window and they look quite nice.

Is the sim you are working on for a FTO ?

Thanks again for your tremendous effort.

The futaba VFD:

http://www.futaba.com/products/display_modules/lcd_emulator/products/details/images/NA204SD02-3.jpg

Stef

I have 2 of the NA204SD02

metamarty
01-06-2010, 05:32 AM
I will source a matrix orbital vfd from the us. They are around 114 $.

Meanwhile if you would like to try the Futaba, i have 2 of the NA204SD02 here and you can use one if you like. They can be configured to use either a serial or a parallel protocol.
The vfd glass part fits perfectly in the window and they look quite nice.

Is the sim you are working on for a FTO ?

Thanks again for your tremendous effort.

The futaba VFD:

http://www.futaba.com/products/display_modules/lcd_emulator/products/details/images/NA204SD02-3.jpg

Stef

I have 2 of the NA204SD02

The Futaba looks like Matrix Orbital display. If you're interested we can make the same arrangement I did with capetonian, who helped me out by lending me his opencockpits hardware. If I can borrow the hardware, I think I can build support for it.

We are based in Nootdorp and we have rented some space there for our simulator. It's a training device mostly used by pilots and students, but we also have flightsimmers and do navigation courses. If you like I can show you around and explain some more about the software.

dnoize
01-08-2010, 09:38 AM
The Futaba looks like Matrix Orbital display. If you're interested we can make the same arrangement I did with capetonian, who helped me out by lending me his opencockpits hardware. If I can borrow the hardware, I think I can build support for it.

We are based in Nootdorp and we have rented some space there for our simulator. It's a training device mostly used by pilots and students, but we also have flightsimmers and do navigation courses. If you like I can show you around and explain some more about the software.

I will gladly accept your invitation to be shown around and will gladly lend you one of my Futaba displays.

PM on its way.

Stef

ANDYSMITH
01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi Marty, I am still getting stuck on starting the engines. I frequently have to pull up the FSX 737 overhead and turn on the APU and then the APU gens before the engines will rotate. Other switches on that overhead stay sinked with yours, like the battery and the start switches but not the APU.?
I can use the other side of your APU start switch and wire it up to another card on the FSX machine and assign with FSUIPC if I need to.

Your thoughts?

Thanks Andy Smith

capetonian
01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Marty, I am still getting stuck on starting the engines. I frequently have to pull up the FSX 737 overhead and turn on the APU and then the APU gens before the engines will rotate. Other switches on that overhead stay sinked with yours, like the battery and the start switches but not the APU.?
I can use the other side of your APU start switch and wire it up to another card on the FSX machine and assign with FSUIPC if I need to.

Hi Andy,

As a user of Marty's software too I am constantly watching this thread, so although not directed to me, .....

You mention having a problem starting the engines..... welll as far as I know on of the conditions for starting an engine is that you have a source of bleed air to get the fans rotating before you fire up the igniters. If your aircraft is not connected to any ground bleed (is it possible on a 737?) then the only two options you have available for the bleed air and the current to start the engines are the APU +gens or bleed air from the other engine + power from it's gen.

I have been in a Transavia 737 that stated on engine and then used the bleed air from the nr1 to start the nr2.

ANDYSMITH
01-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi there, thanks for helping out.

My problem is that I have Marty's software running with it's own input cards, LED card and servo cards on a seperate PC from FSX all hooked to a full size overhead.
Marty's software APU starts and shows EGT like it should, and the APU bleed switch works and shows bleed pressure on the "servo" guage like it should. But the engines will still not start until I pull up the FSX onscreen overhead and turn on that APU. Then all is fine for a while. I can start and shutdown the engines multiple times using only the real hardware and Marty's program
and then........they will not start.......... so I pull up the FSX overhead and the apu is off,..turn it and the apu gen back on and then I can start both engine like normal........for a while.

Andy

metamarty
01-09-2010, 05:31 AM
Hi there, thanks for helping out.

My problem is that I have Marty's software running with it's own input cards, LED card and servo cards on a seperate PC from FSX all hooked to a full size overhead.
Marty's software APU starts and shows EGT like it should, and the APU bleed switch works and shows bleed pressure on the "servo" guage like it should. But the engines will still not start until I pull up the FSX onscreen overhead and turn on that APU. Then all is fine for a while. I can start and shutdown the engines multiple times using only the real hardware and Marty's program
and then........they will not start.......... so I pull up the FSX overhead and the apu is off,..turn it and the apu gen back on and then I can start both engine like normal........for a while.

Andy
What kind of 737 model are you using in flight simulator? It seems like your model is providing systems logic which interferes with the prosim software. For best performance, I would recommend the default 737 aircraft by Microsoft. Of course, you would probably like to modify the aircraft a bit with a better flight model. In our setup, we removed all 3d interior cockpit models and the 2d panel and used a different flight model. This leaves you with a framerate friendly 737 with no systems logic and a good flight model.

ADW
01-09-2010, 03:22 PM
I am in the process of building my OverHead panel but have the TQ and Fire Panel completed. I have just linked this in to Prosim737 using OpenCockpits SIOC. I am most impressed and the initial test flight and system testing look very promising.

I had a few switches on the TQ (Park Brake, Cut-out levers) and the Yoke switches that are not covered by Prosim logic and needed to be coded in SIOC, but Marty's Prosim makes the rest of the switches and LEDs a simple link to an IO Card Input / Output and its respective variable. All the aircraft logic is then handled by Prosim with no extra code required in SIOC. Certainly cuts down the size of the SIOC file and simplifies it no end.

Marty you are doing an outstanding job with your systems logic software. I would encourage others give it a try, especially if you plan on building with the popular Open cockpits interface cards.

markusr
01-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Hello Marty,

i just downloaded the newest release of your programm and tested it with Opencockpits Servo Card. WOW.WOW. WOW!
Great. It just simple works!

I think i will use you software instead of my own written sioc scripts to get in the first step the PMDG Overhead working with assignments in the FSUIPC.ini

Thanks alot for the great program!

best regards,
Markus

metamarty
01-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Hello Marty,

i just downloaded the newest release of your programm and tested it with Opencockpits Servo Card. WOW.WOW. WOW!
Great. It just simple works!

I think i will use you software instead of my own written sioc scripts to get in the first step the PMDG Overhead working with assignments in the FSUIPC.ini

Thanks alot for the great program!

best regards,
Markus

Many thanks for the remark. I've just uploaded a new version with the correct ground power switch layout.

markusr
01-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Many thanks for the remark. I've just uploaded a new version with the correct ground power switch layout.

Thanks alot, i will test it this evening!
Again, great work Marty. Donation will follow in the next weeks, when all is finished up :)

ANDYSMITH
02-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi Marty, new software is amazing, FSUIPC offsets and all good job. I feel bad even asking this but then you did ask for testers. I have the fuel temp. servo right above my head and it always growles, I think it is because the numbers have too many places past the decimal and the servo always hunts for the right position. If you could round the temp number to one degree increments or maybe even one tenth might solve the problem.
One more question, I have several pictures and one CAD file of the 737 overhead and I do not see a "window heat power" switch. Where is it?

Andy Smith

metamarty
02-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi Marty, new software is amazing, FSUIPC offsets and all good job. I feel bad even asking this but then you did ask for testers. I have the fuel temp. servo right above my head and it always growles, I think it is because the numbers have too many places past the decimal and the servo always hunts for the right position. If you could round the temp number to one degree increments or maybe even one tenth might solve the problem.
One more question, I have several pictures and one CAD file of the 737 overhead and I do not see a "window heat power" switch. Where is it?

Andy Smith

The fuel temp is indeed changing, according to the outside temperature. I will run it through an extra rounding, to stop excessive updates.

The "window heat power" is the center "window heat" switch, which has 3 states: Off (normal), OVHT (for testing the overheat lights) and "power test" for testing the power in case the temperature is high enough for the green lights not to go on. This line is the "power test" state of the switch. It was supposed to be called "power test", but apparently I forgot the power "test".

capetonian
02-15-2010, 06:29 AM
WOW WOW WOW.

I have been configuring a load of switches and stuff and I must say that Prosim takes about 80 procent of the work out of configuring the SIOC code.

I initially used the Prosim option to generate a stub and then I modified the stub to suit my situation. I have a lot of things that still need to be connected but here is my config stub as of now, feel free to copy and use it if you need it.

// SIOC config for ProSim737
// Manually configured

Var 0000, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 000 // Spoiler B On
Var 0001, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 001 // Alternate Flaps ARM
Var 0002, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 002 // Alternate Flaps UP
Var 0003, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 003 // Flt Ctrl B Stdby
Var 0004, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 004 // Flt Ctrl B On
Var 0005, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 005 // Flt Ctrl A Stdby
Var 0006, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 006 // Spoiler A On
Var 0007, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 007 // Alternate Flaps DOWN
Var 0008, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 008 // Flt Ctrl A Off
Var 0013, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 013 // Yaw damper On
Var 0018, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 018 // Fuel Center Aft On
Var 0019, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 019 // Fuel Left Aft On
Var 0020, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 020 // Fuel Left Fwd On
Var 0021, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 021 // Fuel Right Fwd On
Var 0022, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 022 // Fuel Right Aft On
Var 0023, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 023 // Fuel Center Fwd On
Var 0024, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 024 // Batt Switch On
Var 0025, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 025 // Elec maint On
Var 0026, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 026 // Ground Power On
Var 0027, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 027 // Elec Pnl DC STBY PWR
Var 0028, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 028 // Elec Pnl DC TR3
Var 0029, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 029 // Elec Pnl DC TR2
Var 0030, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 030 // Elec Pnl DC TEST2
Var 0031, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 031 // Elec Pnl DC TR1
Var 0032, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 032 // Elec Pnl DC BAT BUS
Var 0035, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 035 // Galley On
Var 0037, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 037 // GEN 1 On
Var 0038, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 038 // GEN 1 On
Var 0039, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 039 // APU GEN 1 On
Var 0040, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 040 // APU GEN 1 Off
Var 0041, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 041 // APU GEN 2 Off
Var 0042, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 042 // APU GEN 2 On
Var 0043, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 043 // GEN 2 Off
Var 0044, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 044 // GEN 2 On
Var 0046, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 046 // Equip cooling supply Alternate
Var 0047, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 047 // Equip cooling exhaust Alternate
Var 0049, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 049 // No Smoking On
Var 0050, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 050 // No Smoking Off
Var 0051, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 051 // Seatbelt Off
Var 0052, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 052 // Seatbelt On
Var 0053, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 053 // Ground call On
Var 0054, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 054 // Lights Runway Turnoff
Var 0055, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 055 // Light Main Retract R On
Var 0056, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 056 // Light Main Fixed R On
Var 0057, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 057 // Lights Taxi On
Var 0058, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 058 // APU Start Switch Off
Var 0059, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 059 // APU Start Switch On
Var 0060, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 060 // Standby power switch Off
Var 0061, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 061 // Standby power switch Bat
Var 0062, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 062 // Disconnect 1 Normal
Var 0063, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 063 // Disconnect 2 Normal
Var 0064, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 064 // Bus transfer switch Auto
Var 0065, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 065 // Elec Pnl AC APU GEN
Var 0066, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 066 // Elec Pnl AC GEN2
Var 0067, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 067 // Elec Pnl AC GEN1
Var 0068, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 068 // Elec Pnl AC GRD PWR
Var 0069, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 069 // Elec Pnl AC INV
Var 0070, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 070 // Elec Pnl AC TEST
Var 0071, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 071 // Elec Pnl AC STBY PWR
Var 0072, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 072 // Eng Anti-Ice 2 On
Var 0073, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 073 // Hyd ELEC1 On
Var 0074, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 074 // Wing Anti-Ice On
Var 0075, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 075 // Eng Anti-Ice 1 on
Var 0076, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 076 // Hyd ELEC2 On
Var 0077, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 077 // Hyd ENG1 On
Var 0078, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 078 // Emer Exit Lights Off
Var 0079, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 079 // Emer Exit Lights On
Var 0081, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 081 // Lights Logo On
Var 0082, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 082 // Lights Wing On
Var 0083, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 083 // Hyd ENG2 On
Var 0084, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 084 // Bleed 1 On
Var 0085, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 085 // Outflow valve Open
Var 0086, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 086 // Outflow valve Close
Var 0087, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 087 // Lights Anti collision On
Var 0088, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 088 // Lights Strobe On
Var 0089, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 089 // Lights Position Steady
Var 0090, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 090 // Ignition select Left
Var 0091, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 091 // Ignition select Right
Var 0092, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 092 // Lights Wheel well On
Var 0094, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 094 // Start 2 CONT
Var 0095, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 095 // Start 1 CONT
Var 0096, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 096 // Start 1 GRD/FLT
Var 0098, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 098 // Start 1 GRD/FLT
Var 0099, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 099 // Probe heat B On
Var 0100, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 100 // Window heat FWD L On
Var 0101, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 101 // Window heat FWD R On
Var 0102, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 102 // Window heat Side R On
Var 0103, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 103 // Window heat Side L On
Var 0104, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 104 // Trim air On
Var 0105, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 105 // Probe heat A On
Var 0106, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 106 // Window heat pwr On
Var 0107, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 107 // Window heat ovht On
Var 0108, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 108 // Attend Pushedf
Var 0114, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 114 // Pressurization Man
Var 0116, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 116 // Pressurization Auto
Var 0118, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 118 // Recirc Fan R Auto
Var 0119, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 119 // Recirc Fan L Auto
Var 0120, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 120 // Pneumatic Isolation switch Open
Var 0121, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 121 // Pneumatic Isolation switch Close
Var 0122, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 122 // Pack 1 Off
Var 0123, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 123 // Pack 1 High
Var 0124, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 124 // Pack 2 Off
Var 0125, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 125 // Pack 2 High
Var 0130, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 130 // APU switch Off
Var 0131, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 131 // APU switch Start
Var 0132, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 132 // Bleed APU On
Var 0133, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 133 // Bleed 2 On
Var 0134, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 134 // Trip Reset Pressed

// annunciators
//temp here, will be integrated into the block below
Var 0500, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 40
Var 0501, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 38
Var 0502, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 36
Var 0503, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 37
Var 0504, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 39
Var 0505, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 41

// Annunciators 2
// These are the outputs connected to the first USBOutputs card
var 0663, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 63 // Cont CAB
var 0662, LINK IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 62 // Bleed Trip Off L
var 0661, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 61 // Wing Body Overheat L
var 0660, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 60 // Wing Body Overheat R
var 0659, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 59 // Aft CAB
var 0658, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 58 // Bleed ALTN (Green)
var 0657, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 57 // Standby HYD Low Pressure
var 0656, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 56 // Bleed Trip Off R
var 0655, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 55 // Pack L
var 0654, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 54 // Pack R
var 0653, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 53 // Dual Bleed
var 0652, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 52 // FLT Control B Low Pressure
var 0651, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 51 // Standby HYD STDY Rudder On
var 0650, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 50 // Bleed Manual (Green)
var 0649, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 49 // Bleed Off Sched Descent
var 0648, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 48 // Fwd Cab
var 0647, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 47 // Standby HYD Low Quantity
var 0646, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 46 // FLT Control A Low Pressure
var 0645, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 45 // Equip Cooling Exhaust off
var 0644, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 44 // Emergancy Exit Lights Not Armed
var 0643, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 43 // Equip Cooling Supply off
var 0642, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 42 // Attend Call
//var 0635, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 35 //
var 0634, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 34 // 34 Yaw Damper
var 0633, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 33 // Auto Slat Fail
var 0632, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 32 // 32 Mach Trim Fail
//var 0630, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 30 //
//var 0629, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 29 //
//var 0628, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 28 //
//var 0627, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 27 //
//var 0626, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 26 //
//var 0625, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 25 //
//var 0624, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 24 //
//var 0623, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 23 //
//var 0622, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 22 //
//var 0621, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 21 //
//var 0620, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 20 //
//var 0619, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 19 //
//var 0618, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 18 //
//var 0617, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 17 //
//var 0616, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 16 //
//var 0615, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 15 //
//var 0614, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 14 //
//var 0613, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 13 //
//var 0612, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 12 //
//var 0611, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 11 //
//var 0610, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 10 //
//var 0609, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 09 //
//var 0608, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 08 //
//var 0607, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 07 //
//var 0606, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 06 //
//var 0605, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 05 //
//var 0604, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 04 //
//var 0603, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 03 //
//var 0602, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 02 //
//var 0601, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 01 //
//var 0600, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 1, Output 00 //

Once you have vcompiled the sioc code, go into Prosim and open the configuration screen, there you can configure all your switches and Annunciators by choosing IOCP from the drop down menu and then, in the little box that appears to the right of the pull down menu, you enter the Var number that you have defined in the SIOC script.

This is all basic stuff, like on and offl. I will be working on the duel intensity LEDS tonight and will add them to the script later.

I hope this helps someone.

@Marty, thanks for your time on Saturday, it was great flying again, All Filipe could talk about was the sim and his landing at LOWI :)

ANDYSMITH
04-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi Marty, I have been using your software every day and have no real problems. But I would like to know if the "alternate flaps" switch is working? It does Not work on mine. If not I dont need it ,I can re rout that switch directly and make it work. But I dont want to rewire it if it should work through your program?

Thanks again for the great work.
Andy Smith

metamarty
04-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi Marty, I have been using your software every day and have no real problems. But I would like to know if the "alternate flaps" switch is working? It does Not work on mine. If not I dont need it ,I can re rout that switch directly and make it work. But I dont want to rewire it if it should work through your program?

Thanks again for the great work.
Andy Smith

Yes, it works, but the problem with it is that many throttle units provide a driver that overwrites the flap setting based on the flaps handle. As long as you don't run such a driver, the alternate flaps switch can be used like the real one. I've heared that these issues will be solved in later driver releases. With these drivers, prosim will directly control the throttle unit.

ANDYSMITH
04-22-2010, 05:19 PM
OK, that makes good sence. I should be able to temporarily unassign my flap lever and then your flap switch sould work. I will try that when I get home.
If that does the trick I will put it back like it was and I should never "need" the alternate switch unless I "really do" loose my pot on the flap lever, realistic enough for me.

Thanks for the quick reply
Andy Smith

737NUT
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Great software! Thanks! I plan to donate shortly. Question, would it be possible to have it start in a different mode than cold and dark in the future? Sometimes i am short on time and would like to jump in and fly right away. Maybe be able to save a set-up and choose on start-up or read current state of switches? Thanks,
Rob

737NUT
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
When i type in the http://localhost:8081/sioc in the browser window, i get error that says site unavailable, It worked one time to get me the sioc/iocp data but hasnt worked since. Does it save this stub file somewhere or do we have to cut and paste it from the browser window?

capetonian
05-19-2010, 02:51 AM
When i type in the http://localhost:8081/sioc in the browser window, i get error that says site unavailable, It worked one time to get me the sioc/iocp data but hasnt worked since. Does it save this stub file somewhere or do we have to cut and paste it from the browser window?

It should be port 8080 not 8081 unless you have changed that in Prosim737

737NUT
05-19-2010, 07:21 AM
It should be port 8080 not 8081 unless you have changed that in Prosim737
It was changed as Port 8080 didnt work on my PC The instructor station works fine on 8081

capetonian
05-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Great software! Thanks! I plan to donate shortly. Question, would it be possible to have it start in a different mode than cold and dark in the future? Sometimes i am short on time and would like to jump in and fly right away. Maybe be able to save a set-up and choose on start-up or read current state of switches? Thanks,
Rob

Prosim does check the state of the switches although some switches do not seem to get recognized. I know aht this is an issue that Marty knows about and will tackle when the time comes. As far as realism in concerned this software hits the nail on the head... and also in the case of a ´quick´start. Maybe Marty will build it into the software, in the meanwhile you can do the following.

Create a flight and then chose ´save current position´in the web interface. Next time you start up your system start FS and make sure your engines are running, then start up Prosim737, set all your switches the way you want them, open a browser and choose the situation that you previously saved, before unpausing the sim make sure that you have hydraulic power otherwise you will find yourself plummeting straight down with no way to steer the aircraft.

As far as a donation is concerned don´t forget that Marty is writing this software in his own time and that he is using official Boeing books and specs to be able to model the 737 as closely as possible, those books cost a load of cash and Marty uses the donations to fund these books!

I might seem biased toward Prosim737 and I must confess that I am, very. It´s good, it´s realistic, it has a complex logic for fault replication and it´s free. There is currently nothing on the market that beets it for accuracy. Okay okay , . I´ll stop now )

capetonian
05-19-2010, 07:51 AM
It was changed as Port 8080 didnt work on my PC The instructor station works fine on 8081

Okay, that is clear.
Can you check the following for me, if you go into the config menu, do you have a valid IP address and port number for SIOC? It's normally 127.0.0.1 8092 if you are running it on the same machine, otherwise just change the IP address.
If that works you should always at least see a message if you navigate to http://localhost:8080/sioc, if you have nothing configured then you should see:

// Generated SIOC config stub for ProSim737
// Make sure you configure the correct hardware inputs/outputs

If you see that, then it is all working fine, but you still need to define inputs and outputs. Open the Prosim Configuration panel and choose the tab switches, next to each switch you will probably see a drop down menu with the text : " Not connected" if you click on the drop-down arrow you will see another option, IOCP, choose this and a new field will appear next to your switch, fill in a number here that corresponds to the input on your Open cockpits card Fior my example I have used 300. Save the config.
Now point your browser again to the sioc link: http://localhost:8080/sioc
You should now see something like:

// Generated SIOC config stub for ProSim737
// Make sure you configure the correct hardware inputs/outputs

Var 0300, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 0 // Alt horn cutout Off

There you go, of course you must manually edit the 'Ínput x' to correspond with any input on your setup. Copy that whole list and save it as a text file.

Once you have that done, you can compile your script with SIOC (so that it is a .ssi file) and you're in business.

I hope that helps, if you have any questions just shout!

metamarty
05-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Donations are helping while we are starting up the new prosim line of software. When I put the donations system online half a year ago prosim was meant to be only a systems simulator that was to be distributed freely. Plans have changed a little bit, but the good news is that prosim as it is today will remain free for non commercial use. However, modules will become available to complete the package so it will be a full 737 suite. These will be distributed as payware addon modules. Prices will be as low as we can keep them. Once this will generate some revenue, the donations can be swapped for software or payed back.

I am making every effort to get this as close to the real cockpit as I can. Bit since this has only been in development for a few months I cannot give a release date.

Here's a screenshot of todays testflight, note the split axis autopilot operation, which currently uses CWS for pitch and LNAV for lateral guidance. :mrgreen:

http://marty.selfip.com/screenshots/ProsimDisplays.png

ANDYSMITH
05-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Marty, I just tried to make a donation from your web site and when I enter the amount in the window I get a message below that reads "you have entered an invalid amount". If I can get your paypal email address I can send directly from paypal?
your thoughts....Andy

metamarty
05-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi Marty, I just tried to make a donation from your web site and when I enter the amount in the window I get a message below that reads "you have entered an invalid amount". If I can get your paypal email address I can send directly from paypal?
your thoughts....Andy
The paypal address is marty@hinttech.com. This could be a localisation problem where paypal wants to see a comma instead of a dot for numbers, so "0.50" should be "0,50". You might want to try that.

capetonian
05-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Looks good Marty,

I flew 18 approaches last night on KSFO 28R, single channel, dual channel, the flare and the approach are absolutly lovely .... :) I
'll post some screensohts this evening.

Andrew.

fsaviator
05-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Marty,
I am at the point of looking at software to run my sim. I've been watching this thread closely and appreciate what you're providing to the community. I downloaded the newest version but it doesn't want to run. I'm running FS9, registered FSUIPC and I've updated my NET Framework to 4.

Here is the crashlog message:

5/19/2010 7:37:02 PM
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at ProSim737.Configuration.load()
at ProSim737.Form1..ctor()
at ProSim737.Program.Main()

To be up front though, I have not connected any hardware and I am not running any other software such as SIOC. I'm basically trying to take a look at ProSim.

I extracted and put the Prosim737 folder in my Program Files Directory.

Thanks for your time.

Warren

metamarty
05-20-2010, 04:29 AM
Marty,
I am at the point of looking at software to run my sim. I've been watching this thread closely and appreciate what you're providing to the community. I downloaded the newest version but it doesn't want to run. I'm running FS9, registered FSUIPC and I've updated my NET Framework to 4.

Here is the crashlog message:

5/19/2010 7:37:02 PM
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at ProSim737.Configuration.load()
at ProSim737.Form1..ctor()
at ProSim737.Program.Main()

To be up front though, I have not connected any hardware and I am not running any other software such as SIOC. I'm basically trying to take a look at ProSim.

I extracted and put the Prosim737 folder in my Program Files Directory.

Thanks for your time.

Warren
I've had a report of this exact problem earlier. It indicates that the dot net runtime was not correctly installed. The "could not load file or assembly..." basically means that some dot net runtime stuff is missing. Prosim uses dot net runtime 3.5, but installing 4 should work in theory. Could you try reinstalling the dot net runtime?

metamarty
05-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Looks good Marty,

I flew 18 approaches last night on KSFO 28R, single channel, dual channel, the flare and the approach are absolutly lovely .... :) I
'll post some screensohts this evening.

Andrew.

Looking forward to the screenshots. You can also try flying an ILS in CWS mode. It is pretty fun.

ANDYSMITH
05-20-2010, 11:25 AM
yes it was the comma thing. all is well now.

thanks
Andy Smith (snj5pilot@yahoo.com)

Anderson/SBSP
05-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi!! You can send to me the software? I can help with tests.

Great job,

percy
05-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Hi will this program run on one computer?

capetonian
05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi will this program run on one computer?

Do you mean together with FLight Simulator on the same PC? Yes it will although it is not an ideal setup.

percy
05-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, if possable I would like to try it. I am running 3 projectors for out side and 3 monitors.
thanks percy. sailday62@aol.com

fsaviator
05-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I've had a report of this exact problem earlier. It indicates that the dot net runtime was not correctly installed. The "could not load file or assembly..." basically means that some dot net runtime stuff is missing. Prosim uses dot net runtime 3.5, but installing 4 should work in theory. Could you try reinstalling the dot net runtime?

Marty,

Thanks! I installed NET 3.51 and it appears to work. Not sure why it wouldn't work with 4.

Warren

metamarty
05-21-2010, 05:34 AM
Hi!! You can send to me the software? I can help with tests.

Great job,

The beta software is currently located at http://www.prosim737.com
The modules are not generally available and in closed beta test.

metamarty
05-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Do you mean together with FLight Simulator on the same PC? Yes it will although it is not an ideal setup.

We've always run it together with FSX on one PC. The program uses less CPU time than the task manager uses, so I don't think there's anything to gain by moving it to a separate PC. The program also needs FSUIPC, so moving it requires you to install wideFS. I think the following layout would be recommended for all modules:

PC1 (main machine): FSX, Prosim737, ProsimMCP
PC2 (small machine, captain screens): ProsimDisplay
PC3 (small machine, F/O screens): ProsimDisplay
PC4 (small machine, eicas): ProsimDisplay, ProsimCDU (x2)
Other web devices: instructor station via HTTP

This way, you don't need wideFS and keep FSUIPC traffic on once machine.

737NUT
05-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Just tried to go to the site prosim737.com and it asked for a password and username to access?

metamarty
05-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Just tried to go to the site prosim737.com and it asked for a password and username to access?

It's a bug in my webserver. Could you try http://www.prosim737.com/ ?
We're moving it to a normal hosting environment soon.

737NUT
06-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm having a problem getting my SIOC stub. I can access the log, debug, and instructor fine but when i add /sioc to the address bar i get website down error. Any thoughts?

capetonian
06-02-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm having a problem getting my SIOC stub. I can access the log, debug, and instructor fine but when i add /sioc to the address bar i get website down error. Any thoughts?

Are you ging to http://localhost:8081/sioc ( I think your port was 8081)

metamarty
06-02-2010, 03:32 PM

Perhaps you can try a different browser? The address should end with "/sioc", and then it should work fine. You can try "http://127.0.0.1/sioc" for the local machine, but basically if you can get the other pages, then the URL is correct.

737NUT
06-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Hello,
I have tried all kinds of variations of the address, this the only thing i get when using http://103.0.0.1:8092/SIOC or http://localhost:8092/SIOC If use 8081 which is all the other access screens instead of 8092 i get the no webpage error

Arn.Vivo:
Arn.Vivo:
Arn.Vivo:
Arn.Vivo:
Arn.Fin:

These all work fine,
http://localhost:8081/
http://localhost:8081/debug
http://localhost:8081/log
http://localhost:8081/instructor

metamarty
06-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello,
I have tried all kinds of variations of the address, this the only thing i get when using http://103.0.0.1:8092/SIOC or http://localhost:8092/SIOC If use 8081 which is all the other access screens instead of 8092 i get the no webpage error

Arn.Vivo:
Arn.Vivo:
Arn.Vivo:
Arn.Vivo:
Arn.Fin:

These all work fine,
http://localhost:8081/
http://localhost:8081/debug
http://localhost:8081/log
http://localhost:8081/instructor

Port 8092 is the SIOC port, and should not be access by a webbrowser. This is the internal traffic port for SIOC. The correct address for your machine should be "http://localhost:8081/sioc". Please also not the lowercase sioc. The address is case sensitive, and "sioc" should be lower case.

737NUT
06-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Sorry,
It is, here are the exact two methods tried with no success,
http://localhost:8081/sioc === Webpage not available

http://10.0.0.103:8081/sioc === Webpage not available

http://10.0.0.1/sioc === web page not available

737NUT
06-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Also,
I tried it in IE and google Chrome. Same results. The very first time i tried it right after a new install it worked!! Hasn't since the first try. Is it a obe time deal?

metamarty
06-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Also,
I tried it in IE and google Chrome. Same results. The very first time i tried it right after a new install it worked!! Hasn't since the first try. Is it a obe time deal?

Do you by any chance have a file called "crashlog.txt" in the directory of the main program? If so, perhaps something goes wrong when the program tries to generate the config.

737NUT
06-02-2010, 05:58 PM
No crashlog.txt

737NUT
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Well I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and all is ok now. Everything works perfect!

metamarty
06-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Well I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and all is ok now. Everything works perfect!

Ok, I still suspect that something in the generation of the SIOC code caused the webpage to malfunction, giving you the error message. I'm going to add some code to the webpages to report anything that goes wrong, so if you ever get into problems again, please contact me so I can get you the latest build. These builds are currently not online, because I'm integrating a lot of the new modules stuff into it before I can release it.

737NUT
06-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Will do, and thanks again for your time and effort!

737NUT
06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Well i have another strange problem, when i run your program, if i use the pushback feature, i lose my capability to zoom in and out in ANY window with-in FSX. As soon as shut down Prosim 737 i can zoom in and out with no problems. Hope that explanation makes sense. If i don't use the pushback option i don't get this problem of loss of zoom.

metamarty
06-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Well i have another strange problem, when i run your program, if i use the pushback feature, i lose my capability to zoom in and out in ANY window with-in FSX. As soon as shut down Prosim 737 i can zoom in and out with no problems. Hope that explanation makes sense. If i don't use the pushback option i don't get this problem of loss of zoom.
I will look into this further, but as of now I would not know of anything that could cause this.

737NUT
06-08-2010, 06:50 AM
I will look into this further, but as of now I would not know of anything that could cause this.
Sorry i didnt update, but it happens if i use shift-p on the keyboard as well. So i don't think it has anything to do with your software. Sorry to falsely blame it. I should know better than to place blame until i fully diagnose a problem.
Rob

metamarty
06-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Sorry i didnt update, but it happens if i use shift-p on the keyboard as well. So i don't think it has anything to do with your software. Sorry to falsely blame it. I should know better than to place blame until i fully diagnose a problem.
Rob

That's no problem! It's often hard to diagnose problems with FS. Let me know when you need any other help.

ANDYSMITH
06-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi Marty, on the "failures" tab, when I check a box, before I can get my mouse to the box to set the altitude, the box unchecks itself. What might I be doing wrong. I have tried it with the autofailures on and off in the "situation" tab??

Andy

metamarty
06-14-2010, 04:58 AM
Hi Marty, on the "failures" tab, when I check a box, before I can get my mouse to the box to set the altitude, the box unchecks itself. What might I be doing wrong. I have tried it with the autofailures on and off in the "situation" tab??

Andy

Hello,

The page updates itself whenever a failure occurs or disappears. This will indeed cancel any input you have made sofar, but this should be a rare situation. Autofailures, depending on the configuration, should only occur every few hours, so this is not likely to cause problems. Are you seeing any yellow failure boxes on the page?

Also, do you have hardware connected to the system? I wonder if it would be possible for you to run it without any hardware connected and see if the situation is different. There might be a switch giving failure reset information, causing the page to refresh.

ANDYSMITH
06-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Well I tried it here at work, with no hardware and it is fine. when I get home I will unplug everything (1 led64, 1phidget 8-servo and 5 Leo's x cards) ands I'll report back...

Andy Smith

ANDYSMITH
06-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Well you are right. I can leave the phidgets cards in but not the Leo's X cards. I have 3 total and tried them 1 by 1 and no good.

Hey I am curious, will the software keep my switch assignments if I move the cards and the whole prosim folder to another machine?

Andy

metamarty
06-15-2010, 04:40 AM
Yes, you can move the software around. Everything is contained in the files in the folder. The only thing you need to be aware of is the identification of the hardware. Phidget cards have a fixed ID, so they can be moved around freely. For joystick cards, like the bodnars, the machine creates an ID when it is first detected. You might need to edit your config.xml to change the old ID to the new ID.

Could you send me your config.xml, so I can check which inputs are related to the cards? I think the problem is not the hardware but an input configured to use the hardware. I also have a possible fix. Can I mail you a current beta version?

ANDYSMITH
06-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes you can, do you need my config file first, or is the fix already in the beta?
I will send the config when I get home tonight.
thank you for the help.

Andy Smith
snj5pilot@yahoo.com

metamarty
06-15-2010, 10:48 AM
I made a preliminary fix that stops unwanted page updates, but I cannot guarantee that this will fix the issue. I can send the new beta to you with the preliminary fix. I can use the config file to see what switches have been configured on the specific cards that might cause the issue.

Yes you can, do you need my config file first, or is the fix already in the beta?
I will send the config when I get home tonight.
thank you for the help.

Andy Smith
snj5pilot@yahoo.com

fsaviator
08-29-2010, 04:04 AM
Marty,

I'm finally at a point to start using your software. So far it looks great. I've gotten the displays and CPFlight MCP/EFIS working, albeit without any adjustments to screen size.

The issue I'm having is that Prosim does not seem to recognize my Mastercard/USB Expansion card combo. It doesn't list it.

Prosim recognizes my Rev-Sim TQ, my joystick and my CPFlight stuff though. It also connects with SIOC when I start it.

The only thing I have hooked to my mastercard right now is my landing gear module and annunciators, which don't seem to work with Prosim alone. When SIOC is running, the landing gear shows up in Prosim, but I can't control it.

Not sure if I'm making sense.... kind of hard to explain. Regardless, the main thing is that Prosim does not list my OC cards.

Thanks,

Warren

metamarty
08-29-2010, 04:24 AM
Marty,

I'm finally at a point to start using your software. So far it looks great. I've gotten the displays and CPFlight MCP/EFIS working, albeit without any adjustments to screen size.

The issue I'm having is that Prosim does not seem to recognize my Mastercard/USB Expansion card combo. It doesn't list it.

Prosim recognizes my Rev-Sim TQ, my joystick and my CPFlight stuff though. It also connects with SIOC when I start it.

The only thing I have hooked to my mastercard right now is my landing gear module and annunciators, which don't seem to work with Prosim alone. When SIOC is running, the landing gear shows up in Prosim, but I can't control it.

Not sure if I'm making sense.... kind of hard to explain. Regardless, the main thing is that Prosim does not list my OC cards.

Thanks,

Warren

Prosim does not directly talk to opencockpits cards because they are all handled by SIOC. The interface to opencockpits hardware all goes through SIOC variables. Prosim will talk to SIOC to update the variables and you will have to configure SIOC to output the variables to your cards.

What you need to do is configure your landing gear switch and lights to a SIOC variable of your choice first. Then generate a SIOC stub script by using your webbrowser to go to http://localhost:8080/sioc. This generated script contains all the input and output elements you have configured for SIOC. You'll need to edit this file to fill in the specific hardware ports you have connected the switch or light to. You then run the script with the SIOC program.

There is no other way to do this, since opencockpits hardware can only be controlled by the SIOC program. It might look complicated at first, but if you've done it one time, it will be a pretty straightforward procedure to get it working.

fsaviator
08-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Prosim does not directly talk to opencockpits cards because they are all handled by SIOC. The interface to opencockpits hardware all goes through SIOC variables. Prosim will talk to SIOC to update the variables and you will have to configure SIOC to output the variables to your cards.

Stupid me... When I saw that Prosim listed my TQ, I assumed it was reading the "SIOC" innards. After reading your reply, and actually putting the noggin' to work, I realize it was reading the joystick card.

I'll delve into generating a script and see how it goes. I assume then, that anytime I add new hardware through an OC interface, that I will have to regenerate a script through the web interface?

On a side note, thanks so much for the way you are introducing your software. I have to say that I appreciate the opportunity to use the full suite, even in beta, while I learn it and use it. Your support is outstanding and almost immediate. Consider me a customer as you look to releasing your modules.

Warren

metamarty
08-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Stupid me... When I saw that Prosim listed my TQ, I assumed it was reading the "SIOC" innards. After reading your reply, and actually putting the noggin' to work, I realize it was reading the joystick card.

I'll delve into generating a script and see how it goes. I assume then, that anytime I add new hardware through an OC interface, that I will have to regenerate a script through the web interface?

On a side note, thanks so much for the way you are introducing your software. I have to say that I appreciate the opportunity to use the full suite, even in beta, while I learn it and use it. Your support is outstanding and almost immediate. Consider me a customer as you look to releasing your modules.

Warren

When you generate a SIOC stub script, all Prosim does is output all the configured SIOC variables. It does not know or care about the exact board that you map the variable to. If you add or change opencockpit cards, it's therefore not needed to regenerate the script, but you may need to edit the script you use, to set other output boards.

Also, thank you for the confidence in me and feel free to share any thoughts and ideas.

brian95
08-30-2010, 05:20 AM
Hi,
just got testing on this and i'm amazed by the detail!
a quick test with the joystick button acting as the battery master switch worked and i'm very very happy.
thank you so much for this!
also, a quick question, is it possible to resize the displays?

metamarty
08-30-2010, 05:30 AM
Hi,
just got testing on this and i'm amazed by the detail!
a quick test with the joystick button acting as the battery master switch worked and i'm very very happy.
thank you so much for this!
also, a quick question, is it possible to resize the displays?
Hello,

Thanks for trying out the package. We're working on the manual, so thing are a bit unclear sometimes.
Here are the keys for the ProsimDisplay module:

Cursor keys: Move the screen
Shift + Cursor keys: Quickly move the screen
Numpad +/-: Adjust size of screen
Shift + Numpad +/-: Quickly adjust size of screen
TAB: Select next screen

You can zoom in the displays to extreme detail. :p

brian95
08-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Hi marty
thanks for the fast reply! i am really impressed with this. can't wait to finally get it in my sim!
i'll get to more testing when i have the time. thanks again! :)
Brian

brian95
08-30-2010, 10:09 AM
i've just noticed something
the lower eicas display doesn't seem to scale properly (although not connected to flightsim at the moment)
have you noticed this or is it happening just to me?

metamarty
08-30-2010, 11:47 AM
i've just noticed something
the lower eicas display doesn't seem to scale properly (although not connected to flightsim at the moment)
have you noticed this or is it happening just to me?

Yes, you're right. I noticed it too. This was because this display is a compound display and it can contain various other screens, depending on the MFD SYS en MFD ENG buttons. I've uploaded a fixed version. Thanks for the report.

fsaviator
09-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Nice... I was going to ask about resizing. Looks great.

One thing Marty, any plans on adding standby instrument support and clocks to the display app? I've got three LCD spanning across my MIP and my goal was to have CAPT and FO IN/OUTBOARD, UPPER and LOWER, STANDBY, and CAPT/FO Clocks on the LCDs.

Warren

metamarty
09-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Nice... I was going to ask about resizing. Looks great.

One thing Marty, any plans on adding standby instrument support and clocks to the display app? I've got three LCD spanning across my MIP and my goal was to have CAPT and FO IN/OUTBOARD, UPPER and LOWER, STANDBY, and CAPT/FO Clocks on the LCDs.

Warren

Yes, ProsimDisplay will have all of the standby instruments on final release. I just haven't built them yet.

fsaviator
09-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Now I'm really excited!

Thanks.

On another note, I'm struggling with my RS232 CPFlight MCP and EFIS. What's the preferred solution? I'm trying to use it with ProsimMCP. Sometimes it works others it doesn't. I think it's a matter of startup order, and I may also be confusing it.

I've downgraded my RS232 MCP firmware to 2.08 (I think) in order to make it work without the flightlabs driver, but through PMDG and FSUIPC as per Ian's site. It works great.

Unfortunately, now that I am trying to work it through Prosim, it seems like it doesn't connect correctly. I'll have green for connection via the COM port, and my MCP will work, but my EFIS will not change the displays in MCPDisplay (running on another computer). other times, none of it works.

Am I supposed to disable the control mapping I have set up through PMDG?

Do I need to upgrade the firmware back to what it was?

So I have to use FSCOM and the CPFlight driver?

Thanks,

Warren

brian95
09-11-2010, 02:48 PM
i'm having trouble with the navdata, i've downloaded the Eaglesoft package from Navigraph and installed it, what do i do next?

metamarty
09-11-2010, 03:14 PM
i'm having trouble with the navdata, i've downloaded the Eaglesoft package from Navigraph and installed it, what do i do next?

Check the "Database" box in the configuration screen of Prosim737. If it says "Hybrid", you have correctly installed the data. You can also check the ident page in the CDU.

brian95
09-11-2010, 03:38 PM
thanks for the help i have it working now!

ANDYSMITH
09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
H Marty
Is there a way to set the default altimeter setting to "inches" on the PFD's?

The latest update is really good!!! Dual autopilot CatIII with flare mode.....Nice work.
And thanks for the A/P disconnect inputs.

Andy Smith

metamarty
09-12-2010, 04:38 PM
H Marty
Is there a way to set the default altimeter setting to "inches" on the PFD's?

The latest update is really good!!! Dual autopilot CatIII with flare mode.....Nice work.
And thanks for the A/P disconnect inputs.

Andy Smith

That's a good idea. I'll add that to instructor station.

The autoland has been in there for some time, but I'm continously improving it. Latest release has TCAS.

Marty

ANDYSMITH
09-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi Marty,
I just flew two flights and when on final, about 5 miles out, the flaps numbers dissapear from the speed tape?? Is that right?

Andy

metamarty
09-13-2010, 03:43 AM
Hi Marty,
I just flew two flights and when on final, about 5 miles out, the flaps numbers dissapear from the speed tape?? Is that right?

Andy
Yes, flap maneuvre speeds are not visible when flaps are selected in position 30 or 40. This is standard practice.

dcutugno
09-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi, can we use one pc for the entire Avionics suite? Are InterfaceIT from Flightdecksolutions planned for support?
Can we use the PMDG .air file a a 737 model i think it's better than default 737, or do you suggest another one?
Also an updated changelog for each version would be good!
Thank you and...
Great work on this suite, keep it going!

yoss
09-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Dear Marty
I have hardware Mcp and Efis working with extended FSUIPC Pm offsets
I wonder if your modules fully suppors those extended offsets

Thanks in advance for replay

Joseph

metamarty
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi, can we use one pc for the entire Avionics suite? Are InterfaceIT from Flightdecksolutions planned for support?
Can we use the PMDG .air file a a 737 model i think it's better than default 737, or do you suggest another one?
Also an updated changelog for each version would be good!
Thank you and...
Great work on this suite, keep it going!

I currently have no FDS support yet, but I am definately planning it. You can use any 737 air file you like. We use a PMDG air file. The changelog will be back online when thing stabilize a bit.

Dear Marty
I have hardware Mcp and Efis working with extended FSUIPC Pm offsets
I wonder if your modules fully suppors those extended offsets

Thanks in advance for replay

Joseph
These MCP's are supported with the FSUIPC input option of the MCP. The only problem is that I don't have working hardware to test this. EFIS support is not yet done via FSUIPC, but it's coming. I'll put the beta manual online, which explains the bits and offsets.

ak49er
09-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Great software< I am just trying it out now.

Is there any way to use it with X_Plane? Is it compatible with XPUIPC? The FSUIPC Emulator for X_Plane?

I have attempted to make it "Re-Build" the scenery database, using X_Plane (v9.60 Rc2) Root Directory, but it does not finish the function.....as it does when "Re-Building" via MSFS 2004 Root Directory.

metamarty
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Great software< I am just trying it out now.

Is there any way to use it with X_Plane? Is it compatible with XPUIPC? The FSUIPC Emulator for X_Plane?

I have attempted to make it "Re-Build" the scenery database, using X_Plane (v9.60 Rc2) Root Directory, but it does not finish the function.....as it does when "Re-Building" via MSFS 2004 Root Directory.

In theory it should be compatible, but the autopilot control is tuned for FS and seems unstable with X-Plane, so some tuning is required. The database build process uses standard FS bgl files. The output of the process is the "startpositions.xml" file. Once you have this file, you can copy it with the program and you won't need to do the rebuild again.

brian95
09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi Marty
Regarding Prosim MCP, I'm using a joystick emulator card for inputs, and I've read the manual which indicates that joystick cards don't work with the MCP. However, I was able to use PM offsets in FSUIPC to control MCP buttons and switches (PM MCP HDG Mode Button was one of them) and they work using the joystick cards. I also noticed that there were some functions such as 'PM MCP Spd Inc 10/.10'. I was wondering if you would be able to somehow change the numbers using these functions. I'm new to cockpit building so I'd be happy to learn why this might or might not work (it doesn't at the moment).
Thanks!
Brian

metamarty
09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi Marty
Regarding Prosim MCP, I'm using a joystick emulator card for inputs, and I've read the manual which indicates that joystick cards don't work with the MCP. However, I was able to use PM offsets in FSUIPC to control MCP buttons and switches (PM MCP HDG Mode Button was one of them) and they work using the joystick cards. I also noticed that there were some functions such as 'PM MCP Spd Inc 10/.10'. I was wondering if you would be able to somehow change the numbers using these functions. I'm new to cockpit building so I'd be happy to learn why this might or might not work (it doesn't at the moment).
Thanks!
Brian
The FSUIPC input method of ProsimMCP is not fully developed yet, so the Spd Inc functions are indeed not functional. ProsimMCP expects the values in the indicated offsets. A possible workaround at this moment is using SIOC and configure ProsimMCP to use SIOC.

I currently have no working MCP unit that uses FSUIPC, so it's a bit hard to do the testing at the moment.

ak49er
09-20-2010, 08:49 PM
In theory it should be compatible, but the autopilot control is tuned for FS and seems unstable with X-Plane, so some tuning is required. The database build process uses standard FS bgl files. The output of the process is the "startpositions.xml" file. Once you have this file, you can copy it with the program and you won't need to do the rebuild again.

Firstly thank-you for your response, I understand this was not programmed for X_Plane, but I would enjoy the challenge of making it work, and appreciate any help.

I wonder if the A/P irregularities are the problem of X_Plane which has a notorious issue with it/s OEM A/P. I wonder if these anamloys would exist while using the x737 A/P?

I am using the x737 with either FreeFD/XPUIPC or vasFMC for my Glass Cockpit, but would enjoy your software more form what I have read.

Could you elaborate on your above post? As I understand from reading it, I could build the database using MSFS, and then transfer that whole file with your program, and possibly use it with X_Plane?

Anderson/SBSP
09-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Hello Marty, I'm trying to use the script to the MCP and EFIS OC but I can not work. I followed all the steps of the manual, but still failed.

You can help me? Any one?

metamarty
09-26-2010, 04:40 AM
Firstly thank-you for your response, I understand this was not programmed for X_Plane, but I would enjoy the challenge of making it work, and appreciate any help.

I wonder if the A/P irregularities are the problem of X_Plane which has a notorious issue with it/s OEM A/P. I wonder if these anamloys would exist while using the x737 A/P?

I am using the x737 with either FreeFD/XPUIPC or vasFMC for my Glass Cockpit, but would enjoy your software more form what I have read.

Could you elaborate on your above post? As I understand from reading it, I could build the database using MSFS, and then transfer that whole file with your program, and possibly use it with X_Plane?

Prosim contains its own autopilot, so it does activate the stock autopilot systems in the simulator. Prosim controls both the aileron input and the elevator trim. These channels are responsible for the flight behavior. As a start, the next version of prosim will contain a tuning parameter for the aileron. I would be interested to hear if changing this value will make the aircraft fly better in X-Plane. It should be possible to have it fly OK.

metamarty
09-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Hello Marty, I'm trying to use the script to the MCP and EFIS OC but I can not work. I followed all the steps of the manual, but still failed.

You can help me? Any one?
Hello,

First of all, can you verify that both the components show up in the SIOC window? Then, can you check that they are given the correct index in the sioc.ini file? The first attached image is an example of a correctly configured MCP and EFIS (index for efis = 1). The second image shows you an example of the components not being properly configured (no indices visible)

sgaert
09-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello Marty,

i read this Thread since some month.
Tomorrow i whant to start to write my FSBUS software for your Software, at the moment i miss one information.
How can i controll the CDU key´s over FSUIPC?
Do you have an offset with a value list?

Stefan

metamarty
09-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Hello Marty,

i read this Thread since some month.
Tomorrow i whant to start to write my FSBUS software for your Software, at the moment i miss one information.
How can i controll the CDU key´s over FSUIPC?
Do you have an offset with a value list?

Stefan

Hello,

Currently there is no direct FSUIPC control for the CDU. You can however emulate this by using a SIOC script and configuring the CDU to use SIOC. I will be adding better support for input for the CDU later.

mvc340
10-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Dear friends

actually i have all my overhead finished but i´m not able to make the displays of pressurization and electric working

i have 2 displays cards.

Is it necesary to add ome lines to sioc.ini?

how can i test it?

when i use controlador.exe adn i select all on, all the digits pop up, but i would like to knop how can i pop on one by one.

in the other side, i would like to know how to interface with prosim.

Prosim has not implemented yet the presurization but yes the electric panel but i don´t know how to program it

For the presurizations, does anyone know how to make a counter for landing altitude??

any idea?

Miguel

DaveC3
10-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Marty

I have tried the TUNING with X-plane. I may be doing something wrong but I do not see any difference in autopilot performance if I use a value of 10, 100 or 500. I still get wild oscillations. I am running ProSim on the machine running X-plane. SIOC, display, cdu and MCP on a remote computer. Watching the flight director there seems to be no Null area at all, if it get off center a tiny bit the plane makes wild banks.

Thanks
Dave

Nick1150
11-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi,

I would like to make a few questions before I download prosim737

I have the following hardware in my setup:

1) 1 PC dual core with 4Gbs of RAM and 1 Nvidia 1GB dual DVI output graphic card
2) 2 DH2GO devices connected, each in one DVI output
3) 7 screens, which is 3 for the external on one DH2GO and 4 for the MIP (1 is bridged with a VGA adaptor for CP and FO screens)
4) FS2004 installed
5) FSUIPC 3 registered
6) PMDG 737/600-700 and PMDG 737/800-900 installed
7) FSlabs driver for CPflight MCP 737 EL
8) CPflight MCP 737 EL + dual EFIS EL + 2 x COMM + 2 NAV + 1 ADF + 1 ATC
9) 1 Cockpitsonic Dual Seat Trainer which
10) Cockpitsonic B737 driver for the Dual Seta Trainer
11) 1 CH Eclipse yoke
12) 1 Leo Bodnar card with 8 on/off, 1 on/on and 2 rottary switches connected
13) Several GAP (Greek Airport Project) scenery setups
14) REX environment registered version
15) The rest is usual as wireless mini keyboard, a mouse pad, ordinary keyboard and mouse, a second USB soundcard, but I do not think it has something to do with prosim737.

I have to repeat that all these are under one and only one PC and run without any problem giving me average 30 FPS in FS9.

During the next period I plan on investing to a motorised TQ (haven't decided yet which one) and one Engravity CDU.

Is the above setup ok for prosim737 ?

One of my main concerns is that I want to keep the ONE PC configuration for as long as it takes.

Thanks in advance guys ,

Nick

metamarty
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Marty

I have tried the TUNING with X-plane. I may be doing something wrong but I do not see any difference in autopilot performance if I use a value of 10, 100 or 500. I still get wild oscillations. I am running ProSim on the machine running X-plane. SIOC, display, cdu and MCP on a remote computer. Watching the flight director there seems to be no Null area at all, if it get off center a tiny bit the plane makes wild banks.

Thanks
Dave

Sorry for the delay in answering to this message. I currently do not have the ability to test anything with X-plane. The only recommendation I can give is to lower the airleron tuning if the banking is excessive, but I cannot promise that this will help, since X-Plane is an entirely different simulator with different control mechanics.

metamarty
11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi,

I would like to make a few questions before I download prosim737

I have the following hardware in my setup:

1) 1 PC dual core with 4Gbs of RAM and 1 Nvidia 1GB dual DVI output graphic card
2) 2 DH2GO devices connected, each in one DVI output
3) 7 screens, which is 3 for the external on one DH2GO and 4 for the MIP (1 is bridged with a VGA adaptor for CP and FO screens)
4) FS2004 installed
5) FSUIPC 3 registered
6) PMDG 737/600-700 and PMDG 737/800-900 installed
7) FSlabs driver for CPflight MCP 737 EL
8) CPflight MCP 737 EL + dual EFIS EL + 2 x COMM + 2 NAV + 1 ADF + 1 ATC
9) 1 Cockpitsonic Dual Seat Trainer which
10) Cockpitsonic B737 driver for the Dual Seta Trainer
11) 1 CH Eclipse yoke
12) 1 Leo Bodnar card with 8 on/off, 1 on/on and 2 rottary switches connected
13) Several GAP (Greek Airport Project) scenery setups
14) REX environment registered version
15) The rest is usual as wireless mini keyboard, a mouse pad, ordinary keyboard and mouse, a second USB soundcard, but I do not think it has something to do with prosim737.

I have to repeat that all these are under one and only one PC and run without any problem giving me average 30 FPS in FS9.

During the next period I plan on investing to a motorised TQ (haven't decided yet which one) and one Engravity CDU.

Is the above setup ok for prosim737 ?

One of my main concerns is that I want to keep the ONE PC configuration for as long as it takes.

Thanks in advance guys ,

Nick
All of your hardware is supported. In theory you can run everything on one computer. I also do this for testing, but for real use I would not recommend it. The display programs that generate your PFD and ND screens are best run on separate computers so they do not tax your FS machine. I don't exactly know why it is important for you to run everything on one computer, but for the price of one motorised throttle unit, you could buy 5 fully loaded computers that can run the display software. We are using small lightweight shuttle PC's, and once the software has been installed, the only thing that we need to do is press the power button to start it up, and press the power button again to shut it down. As an extra bonus, you can let one of these extra PC's generate the GPWS sounds, so they are not mixed with the engine sounds that FS produces. An average shuttle PC is the size of a shoebox and should go for about $500 (with windows 7 license).

What I would recommend is to simply download the Prosim package and try it out. It is just a bunch of zipfiles, so it does not install itself and does not change your machine in any way. You can simply try it out and remove the folder to delete everything.

capetonian
11-07-2010, 05:59 PM
and a pic from this evening with the latest build (4.11.2010) of Prosim running.

Not a lot of change on the surface but still a few minor things....

Flightsim Weekend in the Aviodrome in Lelystad was bad for me :) I picked up a COMMS radio and an FMC for in our aerie. As soon as the FMC is integrated I'll take4 some pics of it, in the meanwhile hwere is a shot of the pedestal with working radios. We still have to get a second COMM radio and 2 ADF radios, .. then we'll be smoking.

http://www.spring-air.com/737_project/71110/ped_7112010.jpg

and a shot of the panel with pedestal after a quick test flight from Schiphol to Tegel. It makes a heck of a difference not having to change frequencies with a mouse :)

http://www.spring-air.com/737_project/71110/pit_7112010.jpg

Excellent work Marty.

Nick1150
11-08-2010, 03:19 PM
That's excelent my friend...

Keep us posted and now that I am back in Athens, we can finally skype together too ;)

737NUT
11-22-2010, 04:55 PM
How do you get the Flaps, Trim, and standy-by gauges to show on the display? Is there a key function i'm missing?
Thanks

metamarty
11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
How do you get the Flaps, Trim, and standy-by gauges to show on the display? Is there a key function i'm missing?
Thanks

The trim gauge is embedded in the upper EICAS and is an option than can be enabled in the instructor station. The other gauges are turned on by using the right moue button in the window and selecting them. Next, move them to desired location and size them correctly.

colossos
11-23-2010, 06:55 AM
good morning

I have problem with the cdu (opencockpits). It seems to be connected with hardware and software server as I check. Also the sioc is running with your script and the iocp server Sais that 1 client connected.
In the ini file the index is 2 “USBKeys=2, 15” (in my case for devise is 15) but unfortunately nothing happened. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you

metamarty
11-23-2010, 08:08 AM
good morning

I have problem with the cdu (opencockpits). It seems to be connected with hardware and software server as I check. Also the sioc is running with your script and the iocp server Sais that 1 client connected.
In the ini file the index is 2 “USBKeys=2, 15” (in my case for devise is 15) but unfortunately nothing happened. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you
Hello,

Can you open the IOCPConsole in SIOC and scroll to variable 50 to check if it receives the key input? When you press a key on the CDU, there should be a number in variable 50. If it stays on 0 when you press a number, then there is configuration problem in SIOC.

colossos
11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes you are right in iocp console in binary value section nothing change except in the right section who it write the number of the pressed key for example “50=72 – CDUKey / 50=0 – CDUKey” when I make log on.
I attach my ini file to check it because I don’t know what else to do and the script too

bagarie
11-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi Marty,

I'm starting to test your beautiful software. But I just find some small problem:

I have MCP Cpflight Rs232 with USB converter, and EFIS Control Panel.
1) when I switch On the First FD (master) and the second, both stays LIght Up.
2) ALL the buttons works but no lights appear when I select a button.
3) The V/S display does'n work, just stay blank.
4) It's normal when I close ProsimMCP, the MCP (hardware) remain all displays illuminated?

For the moment
It's all

Many thanks
Arnaldo

metamarty
11-24-2010, 06:11 AM
Yes you are right in iocp console in binary value section nothing change except in the right section who it write the number of the pressed key for example “50=72 – CDUKey / 50=0 – CDUKey” when I make log on.
I attach my ini file to check it because I don’t know what else to do and the script too
Could you check if you press and hold the 'A' key, does variable 50 show a number?
It should return to 0 when you release the key.

metamarty
11-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Hi Marty,

I'm starting to test your beautiful software. But I just find some small problem:

I have MCP Cpflight Rs232 with USB converter, and EFIS Control Panel.
1) when I switch On the First FD (master) and the second, both stays LIght Up.
2) ALL the buttons works but no lights appear when I select a button.
3) The V/S display does'n work, just stay blank.
4) It's normal when I close ProsimMCP, the MCP (hardware) remain all displays illuminated?

For the moment
It's all

Many thanks
Arnaldo

I have had reports of your problems before and they seem to indicate an MCP firmware that is too old. My test unit is an old RS232 CPFlight MCP with a USB converter, and it works with firmware release 301. When you power on the unit, you will see the words "REL" and a number. This number is the firmware that is currently installed.

Regards,

Marty

colossos
11-24-2010, 07:53 AM
I found the problem where it was. By my mistake I deleted the “sioc variable offset 50” of config panel of cdu. Now it’s ok.
Anyway I have some notice to make but I prefer to check it more for a couple of days and i inform you all together.

Thank you anyway

bagarie
11-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi Marty,

thanks for reply.
I know as upgrade the firmware. But the only problem is that the 3.01 dont' work with the Old driver for PMDG that I'm still using.
anyway it's a my problem..
You have a PM.

Regards
Arnaldo Vacca

Air Canada
11-24-2010, 01:56 PM
HI Marty
have a question.
when I run prosim737 and go to the config menu (File--->config) then go to the Switches tab to enter a state. For example I'm configuring a Taxi Light Switch.
So I go scroll down to Lights Taxi option. Now there are 2 optons. 1 for off and the other for on.
So I guess I have to select only 1 option which will be Lights Taxi On (correct) and then from the next column, I select IOCP from the drop down list (since I'm using O/C cards and using SIOC) and then on the next column I enter the var # (which for example in my case is var 101)...

now here's where I get confused when I generate a sioc stub.

this is what is shows up as
Var 0101, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 141 // Lights taxi Off

this is the strange part I don't get is the comment line (Lights Taxi Off )

why is it putting a comment as Off when I selected the On option in the config--->switch tab.

and the rest are exactly the same..

Meaning, all the switches that have 2 states (Off and On) I have only selected the On state and when I generate a sioc stub, the comments are show as Off. So this is gettting confusing for me when I'm editing the sioc stub to enter my inputs for the switches.

Do I have manually go and change the Off comment to On when I edit the sioc stub.

I do realize that the comment string plays no part as t's only a comment, but the comment part helps when I'm editting the stub and to know which input# goes with which switch.. But the Off comment is always confusing or am I ding somehting wrong..

thanks.

AC

metamarty
11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
HI Marty
have a question.
when I run prosim737 and go to the config menu (File--->config) then go to the Switches tab to enter a state. For example I'm configuring a Taxi Light Switch.
So I go scroll down to Lights Taxi option. Now there are 2 optons. 1 for off and the other for on.
So I guess I have to select only 1 option which will be Lights Taxi On (correct) and then from the next column, I select IOCP from the drop down list (since I'm using O/C cards and using SIOC) and then on the next column I enter the var # (which for example in my case is var 101)...

now here's where I get confused when I generate a sioc stub.

this is what is shows up as
Var 0101, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 141 // Lights taxi Off

this is the strange part I don't get is the comment line (Lights Taxi Off )

why is it putting a comment as Off when I selected the On option in the config--->switch tab.

and the rest are exactly the same..

Meaning, all the switches that have 2 states (Off and On) I have only selected the On state and when I generate a sioc stub, the comments are show as Off. So this is gettting confusing for me when I'm editing the sioc stub to enter my inputs for the switches.

Do I have manually go and change the Off comment to On when I edit the sioc stub.

I do realize that the comment string plays no part as t's only a comment, but the comment part helps when I'm editting the stub and to know which input# goes with which switch.. But the Off comment is always confusing or am I ding somehting wrong..

thanks.

AC

Hello,

This is indeed a bug. Fortunately, it only happens witch some switches. I have already fixed it, so in won't happen in the next release.

colossos
11-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Hallow Marty

I use fsx with fsuipc register and MCP – cdu – efis – usb servo – usb outputs – multiradio hardware all from opencockpits in two pc.
1 pc
Fsx – Fsuipc – cdu hardware - prosim737– prosim cdu – prosim MCP

2 pc
MCP – Efis – multiradio – usb servos – usb outputs – prosim display – fsuipc wide client – BU0836X card

I have built my own cockpit (captain’s side) and I used the prosim737 and all combine almost perfect. In MCP – EFIS I used your script which works perfect. In USB Servo & USB Outputs I use my own script which also works perfect. However I have a small problem when I run prosim with my USB Outputs because the A/P signaling in Captain's annunciators don’t operate by my script when I engage the A/P; in antithesis with A/T which operate normal with my script. Of course in my script I use the IOCP & FSUIPC offsets. So is there any mode to fix this small problem?

Also I want to ask you something else. I have FSUIPC and I have install BU0836X card in my second PC and with this card via Widefs I can manage some switches in FS. The question is why the prosim don’t see this card but only my joystick (installed in first PC) and second in configuration panel of prosim737 you have some sections for Switches indicators and others. What can I do with that that I can’t do it with Fsuipc or it is there for some other reason? To make a script for example? I don’t know I tried to read some other post to understand but I am still confused. Can you give me an example so as to understand what I can do with this ability’s?

Thank you

metamarty
11-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Hallow Marty

I use fsx with fsuipc register and MCP – cdu – efis – usb servo – usb outputs – multiradio hardware all from opencockpits in two pc.
1 pc
Fsx – Fsuipc – cdu hardware - prosim737– prosim cdu – prosim MCP

2 pc
MCP – Efis – multiradio – usb servos – usb outputs – prosim display – fsuipc wide client – BU0836X card

I have built my own cockpit (captain’s side) and I used the prosim737 and all combine almost perfect. In MCP – EFIS I used your script which works perfect. In USB Servo & USB Outputs I use my own script which also works perfect. However I have a small problem when I run prosim with my USB Outputs because the A/P signaling in Captain's annunciators don’t operate by my script when I engage the A/P; in antithesis with A/T which operate normal with my script. Of course in my script I use the IOCP & FSUIPC offsets. So is there any mode to fix this small problem?

How did you configure these items in Prosim737? By default there is no output for the indicators. You'll have to tell Prosim737 what to do with the indicators. This can be an FSUIPC offset or a SIOC variable.

Also I want to ask you something else. I have FSUIPC and I have install BU0836X card in my second PC and with this card via Widefs I can manage some switches in FS. The question is why the prosim don’t see this card but only my joystick (installed in first PC) and second in configuration panel of prosim737 you have some sections for Switches indicators and others. What can I do with that that I can’t do it with Fsuipc or it is there for some other reason? To make a script for example? I don’t know I tried to read some other post to understand but I am still confused. Can you give me an example so as to understand what I can do with this ability’s?

Thank you

Prosim737 will list all gamedevices that have been connected to the computer that it runs on. To use the inputs from the badnar card, you will need to connect it to the computer running Prosim737.

The configuration items are to tell Prosim what to do with the specific inputs and outputs. Prosim737 is a complete simulator, so it contains all the switches and indicators. FS may have some of these too, but if you run Prosim, they are not used. I would advice not to use FSUIPC for switches and indicators whereever possible. It best to let Prosim737 connect directly to SIOC to set variables. This is a faster and more failsafe communication system.

You may also consider moving all the hardware control to your main FS computer and only use PC 2 for ProsimDisplay. This will keep all the IO and hardware connection on one PC.

hark40
11-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Hello Marty,
I am running MCP, ASA panel and Master Lights panel (from Sismo Solutions)with a config.xml file and two SC-Pascal script which connects with Prosim and FSX.
Everything works ok using IOCP offsets but when moving CRS FO encoder the button "Recall" is activated automatically without pressing it. Happen the same when moving IAS encoder with the "ASA Test Capt 1" and "ASA Test F/O 1".

do you know why can it happen?
Thank you

metamarty
11-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Hello Marty,
I am running MCP, ASA panel and Master Lights panel (from Sismo Solutions)with a config.xml file and two SC-Pascal script which connects with Prosim and FSX.
Everything works ok using IOCP offsets but when moving CRS FO encoder the button "Recall" is activated automatically without pressing it. Happen the same when moving IAS encoder with the "ASA Test Capt 1" and "ASA Test F/O 1".

do you know why can it happen?
Thank you

Hello,

This is something that you will have to ask Sismo, as they did the complete support for it. I currently don't know what the sismo config looks like. I can give you some general advice though. If you look int the main Prosim737 window under the tab "Warning", you will see the the recall buttons. They are probably grayed out, meaning that they are under hardware control. If you move the MCP knobs, you should check if the recall drop down moves to "Pushed". If this happens, then the recall button gets triggered, so the IOCP variable linked to it was activated by the SC-Pascal script. Unfortunately, I don't have the SC-Pascal scripts or the configuration that they give you, so I cannot be of more assistance.

colossos
11-30-2010, 06:58 AM
How did you configure these items in Prosim737? By default there is no output for the indicators. You'll have to tell Prosim737 what to do with the indicators. This can be an FSUIPC offset or a SIOC variable.

Hi marty

In my script I have configured the output to operate from “0810” FSUIPC offset for the A/T signaling in MIP. Now with prosim when I push N1 to ON in my MCP hardware; the A/T switch in FSX go ON so the offset change and by this way casually and my led is going on and off by my script.
But in case of A/P signaling because when I engage A/P by prosim nothing happened in FSX that’s why my script don’t see the offset chance.

Prosim737 will list all gamedevices that have been connected to the computer that it runs on. To use the inputs from the badnar card, you will need to connect it to the computer running Prosim737.

The configuration items are to tell Prosim what to do with the specific inputs and outputs. Prosim737 is a complete simulator, so it contains all the switches and indicators. FS may have some of these too, but if you run Prosim, they are not used. I would advice not to use FSUIPC for switches and indicators whereever possible. It best to let Prosim737 connect directly to SIOC to set variables. This is a faster and more failsafe communication system.

You may also consider moving all the hardware control to your main FS computer and only use PC 2 for ProsimDisplay. This will keep all the IO and hardware connection on one PC.

Any way I tried to configure by the “indicators MCP/Throttle” but unfortunately I didn’t make it. I put in MCP CMD A (for example) the offset in 8 bit u 0x07BC but nothing at all. Maybe I didn’t make something right. I don’t know

Also I tried to configure some switches but except lights I didn’t make it too. By the way in “switches” section why we need except the joystick inputs; an FSUIPC offset or a SIOC variable. I mean when I want to config a switch; it will be probably with one of my joystick switches. Why I will need the FSUIPC offset or a SIOC variable?

thank you

metamarty
11-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi marty

In my script I have configured the output to operate from “0810” FSUIPC offset for the A/T signaling in MIP. Now with prosim when I push N1 to ON in my MCP hardware; the A/T switch in FSX go ON so the offset change and by this way casually and my led is going on and off by my script.
But in case of A/P signaling because when I engage A/P by prosim nothing happened in FSX that’s why my script don’t see the offset chance.

Prosim does not use the FS autopilot, so you will not see much by looking at FSUIPC offsets. I believe you are using an OpenCockpits MCP, so all lights and switches are handled by the Prosim MCP SIOC script. This is where you will find all the indicators. If you are using an opencockpits MCP, there is no need to change anything, because it will work out of the box with the provided SIOC script. If you need any access to the indicator information, you can change the ProsimMCP SIOC script.

Any way I tried to configure by the “indicators MCP/Throttle” but unfortunately I didn’t make it. I put in MCP CMD A (for example) the offset in 8 bit u 0x07BC but nothing at all. Maybe I didn’t make something right. I don’t know

This may be a bit unclear, but by default ProsimMCP does not use the switches and indicator configurations in Prosim737 because most people simply connect ProsimMCP to a hardware panel. Allways reading the switches from Prosim737 would interfere with the hardware panel, so it is turned off by default. If you want to use these configuration items, open the ProsimMCP configuration panel and check "Control via Prosim737 configuration". The lights will then work.

Also I tried to configure some switches but except lights I didn’t make it too. By the way in “switches” section why we need except the joystick inputs; an FSUIPC offset or a SIOC variable. I mean when I want to config a switch; it will be probably with one of my joystick switches. Why I will need the FSUIPC offset or a SIOC variable?
thank you
Prosim is very flexible in configuration. It is basically a box with lights and switches. You only need to tell Prosim how you want to control the switches. This can be any way you want and not every combination seems logical. I can imagine some obscure company providing a panel for FS with a driver that is setting FSUIPC variables and cannot do anything else. You can then tell prosim to pick up the settings from there. Opencockpits works with SIOC, so people connecting switches with OpenCockpits hardware will get SIOC variables that represent their switches and this can be configured too.

To make your switches work, you should always ask yourself "How are the switches communicatin with the computer?". You then configure this in Prosim and check if it works. Most switches will work best with Phidgets, joystick cards and SIOC. As a last resort, you can use FSUIPC input.

colossos
11-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Hallo Marty

I thing we have a miss understood here by my fault maybe. So I will try to make clear what is the real problem that I have.
First of all I have to tell you that my opnecockpits MCP hardware operate with prosim 737 MCP and your script; marvelous just marvelous like all the others efis; fmc. So it does not need to change anything.
Also I use BU0836X joystick card and it is connected with the prosin737 in “IO Modules” section. Also I can see that if I go prosin737:arrow: file:arrow: config:arrow:switches; I can see my card on the list.
Besides I can configure the switches (I have tested it) who concerning lights but nothing else. And here is the problem. Why I can not config other switches “APU” for example (I have test a lot off) since I am doing the same procedure with the same card? That’s my first problem.

Now as for the second I attach you a photo to help to realized what exactly my problem is.

Thank you for your bearing

metamarty
12-02-2010, 04:53 AM
Hallo Marty

I thing we have a miss understood here by my fault maybe. So I will try to make clear what is the real problem that I have.
First of all I have to tell you that my opnecockpits MCP hardware operate with prosim 737 MCP and your script; marvelous just marvelous like all the others efis; fmc. So it does not need to change anything.
Also I use BU0836X joystick card and it is connected with the prosin737 in “IO Modules” section. Also I can see that if I go prosin737:arrow: file:arrow: config:arrow:switches; I can see my card on the list.
Besides I can configure the switches (I have tested it) who concerning lights but nothing else. And here is the problem. Why I can not config other switches “APU” for example (I have test a lot off) since I am doing the same procedure with the same card? That’s my first problem.

Now as for the second I attach you a photo to help to realized what exactly my problem is.

Thank you for your bearing

All switches should be configurable like the light switches. When you have configured a switch, the dropdown menu in the Prosim737 window will become grayed out. This is an indication that the switch is under hardware control. It is then listening to the configured inputs and the dropdown box should change when there is a signal from one of the inputs.

For the other problem, you'll have to look at the MIP tab and check if the lights are OK there. Then, check your configuration and see if the output that Prosim sends corresesponds with wat you see in the MIP tab.

steveeverson
12-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi Marty,
Finally got around to testing Prosim and I must say im really impressed. I have an OC MCP, 2x EFIS and 2X OC CDU and all working well. Just had a quick question.
From the Instructor station everything seems to work fine apart from the time changes from Day/Night etc. I cant seem to get them to work. Im running FS9 and have everything on the one machine for testing.
Hope you can help
Steve

PS looking forward to the additional pages for the FMC/CDU :0)

metamarty
12-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi Marty,
Finally got around to testing Prosim and I must say im really impressed. I have an OC MCP, 2x EFIS and 2X OC CDU and all working well. Just had a quick question.
From the Instructor station everything seems to work fine apart from the time changes from Day/Night etc. I cant seem to get them to work. Im running FS9 and have everything on the one machine for testing.
Hope you can help
Steve

PS looking forward to the additional pages for the FMC/CDU :0)

There seems to be some items that cannot be set in FS9. I also found out that the speed cannot be set in FS9. Maybe this is one of these items.
Today's update includes the CRZ page, so there is progress.

colossos
12-04-2010, 12:41 PM
All switches should be configurable like the light switches. When you have configured a switch, the dropdown menu in the Prosim737 window will become grayed out. This is an indication that the switch is under hardware control. It is then listening to the configured inputs and the dropdown box should change when there is a signal from one of the inputs.

For the other problem, you'll have to look at the MIP tab and check if the lights are OK there. Then, check your configuration and see if the output that Prosim sends corresesponds with wat you see in the MIP tab.

hi marty

As for the first problem after your instructions I realized where the problem was. You see I was waiting when I configure a switch to see the change of state of this switch in FS too; like some others switches which I have configured. But unfortunately there is no necessary to see the change of state of a switch in FS because prosim operate this from internally. Is that right?

As for the second problem I check in the MIP tab as you told me and I noticed that if I disengage the A/T or the CMDA/B or the disengage autopilot bar from Prosim MCP or my hardware MCP nothing happen in lights below (ASA A/P Red capt e.t.c)
After that I went in the config file (I don’t know if it is right procedure) in the ‘Switches MCP/Throttle’ tab and I put in the ‘AT Disengage Off’ dropdown menu the FSUIPC offset 0810 (A/T Disarm). I went again in MIP tab and I noticed then that if I pushed the ‘Speed’ button; the A/T disarmed and the lights below ‘ASA A/T Red Capt-F/O flashing on. If I disarm A/T by the switch from Prosim MCP or my hardware MCP nothing happened in MIP tab.
I did it the same for A/P and I put in the ‘Switches MCP/Throttle’ tab on ‘AP Disconnect Yoke Capt Normal’ the offset 07BC (Autopilot Master switch) but in this case it still do nothing. Off course if I config a button there; then when I push it; the ‘ASA A/P Red Capt-F/ flashing on below but I thing that it must be flashing on with the CMDA/B or the disengage autopilot bar from Prosim MCP or my hardware MCP too isn’t?
Also I check some more in MIP tab but it seems to operate fine. The flaps for example or the Landing gear or the Spoilers and with absolutely no one configuration.
Is there anything else to do?

thank you

metamarty
12-04-2010, 01:10 PM
hi marty

As for the first problem after your instructions I realized where the problem was. You see I was waiting when I configure a switch to see the change of state of this switch in FS too; like some others switches which I have configured. But unfortunately there is no necessary to see the change of state of a switch in FS because prosim operate this from internally. Is that right?

Hello,

Prosim is an external aircraft simulator. It cannot set switches in FS, because most switches are not present in FS. All logic is contained in Prosim and all switches will remain internal to Prosim737.

As for the second problem I check in the MIP tab as you told me and I noticed that if I disengage the A/T or the CMDA/B or the disengage autopilot bar from Prosim MCP or my hardware MCP nothing happen in lights below (ASA A/P Red capt e.t.c)
After that I went in the config file (I don’t know if it is right procedure) in the ‘Switches MCP/Throttle’ tab and I put in the ‘AT Disengage Off’ dropdown menu the FSUIPC offset 0810 (A/T Disarm). I went again in MIP tab and I noticed then that if I pushed the ‘Speed’ button; the A/T disarmed and the lights below ‘ASA A/T Red Capt-F/O flashing on. If I disarm A/T by the switch from Prosim MCP or my hardware MCP nothing happened in MIP tab.
I did it the same for A/P and I put in the ‘Switches MCP/Throttle’ tab on ‘AP Disconnect Yoke Capt Normal’ the offset 07BC (Autopilot Master switch) but in this case it still do nothing. Off course if I config a button there; then when I push it; the ‘ASA A/P Red Capt-F/ flashing on below but I thing that it must be flashing on with the CMDA/B or the disengage autopilot bar from Prosim MCP or my hardware MCP too isn’t?
Also I check some more in MIP tab but it seems to operate fine. The flaps for example or the Landing gear or the Spoilers and with absolutely no one configuration.
Is there anything else to do?

thank you

The switches in the configuration screen are used to connect to hardware button. You should not configure them to internal FSUIPC variables. The ASA lights are currently only flashing when you use the Yoke disengage and the AT disengage button on the throttle. I thought this was the correct way, but apparently they should also flash if you use the MCP to disengage the AT and AP. This has already been updated in the code and will be in the next release.

You would typically configure the AP Disconnect Yoke switches to a joystick button on your yoke. You could configure your throttle to set an FSUIPC offset when the AT disconnect switch is pushed and configure the same offset in Prosim737 to make the button work. You should not use internal FS variables to trigger functions.

steveeverson
12-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Hi Marty,
I wondered if its possible to incorporate a boeing clock into prosim display as I would like to run these on some small lcd monitors behind my MIP.
Also a brake pressure gauge and yaw damper would be useful at some point.
kind regards
Steve :0)

colossos
12-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi marty

In the config panel of prosim737 in switches tab; you have two switches for configuration. “MFD ENG – MFD SYS” which is for MIP. If I config this two can I change in prosim display in between upper eicas and sys display or secondary engine indications?

Also I can’t find the “antiskid inop” and “stab out of trim” indicators. Can you help me?

Thank you

metamarty
12-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi Marty,
I wondered if its possible to incorporate a boeing clock into prosim display as I would like to run these on some small lcd monitors behind my MIP.
Also a brake pressure gauge and yaw damper would be useful at some point.
kind regards
Steve :0)
These will be available, but I cannot give a specific date. I will add the to ProsimDisplay.

Hi marty

In the config panel of prosim737 in switches tab; you have two switches for configuration. “MFD ENG – MFD SYS” which is for MIP. If I config this two can I change in prosim display in between upper eicas and sys display or secondary engine indications?

Also I can’t find the “antiskid inop” and “stab out of trim” indicators. Can you help me?

Thank you
The MFD SYS button toggles the sys display and the MFD ENG toggles the secondary engine indications. Both are displayed on the lower EICAS screen. The indicatos you mention are not yet done, but will be available later.

steveeverson
12-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks Marty:D looking forward to the next release
Steve

colossos
12-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes I know that and it is very nice but you see for us who we don’t have third monitor in MIP is there any ability to have an interchange switch maybe so to be able to change between upper and lower eicas ?
I mean that if I put lower eicas in the same position with the upper eicas one of it will be not show up because it is in background. So if there was a switch that can turn off for example the upper eicas automatically will be show on the lower eicas.

Thanks

Lukewheatley
12-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi I dnt know I'd this has been mentioned but when u press attend the call Annunciator flashes but when pressed again its dose not go off???

737NUT
12-10-2010, 07:13 PM
How do you get the baro setting to inches instead of MB?

ANDYSMITH
12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
How do you get the baro setting to inches instead of MB?

Top right knob on the EFIS, push in and turn left. Pushing in without turning sets "STD".

Or, right click on the software MCP and select "EFIS" then use that knob.

Andy Smith

edit: Marty has this on his "to do" list to add this setting in the instructor station for a default to "inches".

737NUT
12-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks!

Looking forward to next update.

Top right knob on the EFIS, push in and turn left. Pushing in without turning sets "STD".

Or, right click on the software MCP and select "EFIS" then use that knob.

Andy Smith

edit: Marty has this on his "to do" list to add this setting in the instructor station for a default to "inches".

metamarty
12-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi I dnt know I'd this has been mentioned but when u press attend the call Annunciator flashes but when pressed again its dose not go off???

It is a signal used for training sessions. It will sound an alarm in the instructor station. The flashing is turned off on the instructor station under the "failures" tab.

yoss
12-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Marty, i wonder if the Cpflight expansion board MCPEX1, witch is configurable unlike their MIP board will be recognized and configured in Prosim as IO

Thanks

metamarty
12-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Marty, i wonder if the Cpflight expansion board MCPEX1, witch is configurable unlike their MIP board will be recognized and configured in Prosim as IO

Thanks

Currently, there is no support since I dont have the specifications yet. The configuration util from CPFlight is only usefull if you run the CPFlight software in FS, which you should not do if the MCP is run from within Prosim. Prosim controls the CPFlight MCP from ProsimMCP.

737NUT
01-01-2011, 04:04 PM
How do you get the Vertical Display to show in the ND? Latest release is working well! Thanks!
Rob

metamarty
01-02-2011, 06:36 AM
How do you get the Vertical Display to show in the ND? Latest release is working well! Thanks!
Rob

The vertical display is not done yet, primarily because it needs to show terrain. This will be researched when I start doing the terrain function.

markusr
01-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Hello Marty,

is it in the actual version possible to control the CDU via FSUIPC ?
I want to start testing with prosim in my cockpit.
Thanks,
Markus

metamarty
01-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Hello Marty,

is it in the actual version possible to control the CDU via FSUIPC ?
I want to start testing with prosim in my cockpit.
Thanks,
Markus

I will be adding FSUIPC for backward compatibility, but if it is at all possible, I would advice you to use any of the direct control methods that are available. FDS support will be available soon and other options are direct keyboard control, SIOC or Engravity.

markusr
01-15-2011, 04:55 PM
I own the Opencockpits CDU. The CDU is connected to another network PC. This PC is running also the EICAS screen.

What direct input methods are currently availalbe? And wat method is the suggest one from you to use with the OC CDU ?

Thanks alot,
Markus

metamarty
01-15-2011, 05:07 PM
The OpenCockpits CDU is directly supported by ProsimCDU. No need to use FSUIPC. The SIOC script is included inside the script for ProsimMCP. Refer to the beta manual for installation instructions.

jesvi31
01-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Hello, excuse for my language, I am using an on-line translator, to give them thanks to the creators of this fantastic software in order that the people that we do not have economic resources we prune enjoy of it, i need help on since installing displays of numbers and encoder rotary for the mcp to use with sioc, is it possible that prosim does not have any option of instalcion?, thank you very much for his respuestas.-

jesvi31
01-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Hello, excuse for my language, I am using an on-line translator, to give them thanks to the creators of this fantastic software in order that the people that we do not have economic resources we prune enjoy of it, i need help on since installing displays of numbers and encoder rotary for the mcp to use with sioc, is it possible that prosim does not have any option of instalcion?, thank you very much for his answers.-

jesvi31
01-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello, I have installed the navigraph Eaglesoft " package, and it does not recognize me anything, is a file that calls "nd.mdb", I have in configuration, database: Navigraph only, and I touch Rebuild, but he does not find anything, I need help, thank you.-

markusr
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Hello,

when it says Navigraph it has detected the Eaglesoft package.
To enable also FS DB you have to select also the Root FS directory. It is preffered to run Prosim on the same machine as the FS itself.

best regards,
Markus

jesvi31
01-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Thank you very much Markus for your rapid response, already the whole OK.

ANDYSMITH
01-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Marty, can the CDU font be changed to green?

thanks

Andy

ANDYSMITH
01-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi , I just installed an opencockpits CDU and noticed right away that the EXEC button does not light up like the one on the software CDU when it needs to be pushed. What solution is there for this?

Andy

RadarBob
01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi , I just installed an opencockpits CDU and noticed right away that the EXEC button does not light up like the one on the software CDU when it needs to be pushed. What solution is there for this?

Andy

Hi Andy,

I don't think that the OC CDU hardware incorporates the indicators for the illuminated EXEC button or 'DSPY Fail', 'MSG' indicators?

I think that you can mod it though.

Some discussion on the subject here:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/19366-PMDG-737NG-driver-for-OpenCockpits-CDU-B737-released?highlight=opencockpits+cdu+driver

Best Regards,

Rob

dion73
01-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi,

i just started exploring Prosim737 and got the basic stuff working. So far i really like what is has got to offer.
My question and what i do not understand is, how do you guys get the PMDG, Kittyhawk or Posky models working in prosim? It seems everybody just knows how to do this, but i can only find bits and pieces about this on the internet. Now i found this odd little program called AAMv2.2 for editing AIR files. But what to do?

thanks and kind regards,

dion

ANDYSMITH
01-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi Dion,

As for the POSKY or the default 737 I just installed the plane and went flying. I bought the pmdg 737 and even clicked the box that said "does not work in FSX" , but read numerous posts that said it will work fine in FSX. But when I trried to install I got "can not find the FS9 folder". So I think I have to buy FS9, install there and then copy the plane to FSX. If you have FS9 it might work without editing any thing in the AIR file, but some things like engine starting may not work right.

wish I could help more.

Andy

dion73
01-23-2011, 05:09 AM
Thanks Andy,

i'll try the Posky 737 as well. Hope people can shed some light on the subject for us...

Off topic: Meanwhile i found out a lot of the PMDG AIR file content has comments that say 'not used since FS2002 or FS2004', and the same sttings are than to be put in the CFG file. Maybe there is a thread out there with the right info.

thanks again

dion

iwik
01-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi andy,
No need to buy FS9, just make a folder called fs9 and copy the FS9.exe from root of fsx. I think thats all its looking for.
Planes will be installed in this folder. Now just copy to fSX.
Les

ANDYSMITH
01-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Les,
"you the man" thanks I had no idea is was that simple.
Do you know what to do to the files to "strip the logic" as they say? The only thing that does not work right for me is on first start after loading FSx, I have to pull up the onscreen overhead of the default 737 and turn on the APU and APU GEN switches before Prosim will spin up the engines. After that I can shut down and restart from cold and dark with Peosim working normal.
I wil instal PMDG later today and it might work fine without mods.

Thanks again

Andy

Schraddel
01-24-2011, 07:45 AM

Andy

Hello Andy,

since the last update of 20th JAN the lights work with FSUIPC.
This code works well for me

Var 4000, name messages, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $052C, Length 2 // CDU leds
{
&ledexec = TESTBIT &messages ,0
&ledmsg = TESTBIT &messages ,1
&ledfail = TESTBIT &messages ,2
&ledofst = TESTBIT &messages ,3
}

Var 5000, name ledexec, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 48 // led EXEC

Var 5001, name ledmsg, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 47 // led MSG

Var 5002, name ledfail, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 46 // led FAIL

Var 5003, name ledofst, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 100 // led OFST

Thanks to Marty for this update which I missed so much :)

Cheers, Kai

iwik
01-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi Andy,
Sorry cant add anymore.
Les

Schraddel
02-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi Marty,

I have connected my overhead nearly complete with OC. But with "cold and dark" start I now get the failures "generator 1 and 2 not connected" on the instructor page which I have to "remove" manually to get the generators working.

Normally I connect the generators AFTER engine startup and disconnect APU generator.
Am I wrong with that way ?

I've tried the way to connect the Gen's right after ground power connection but with no better result. The failure is still there.

Is it a bug or my fault ?
Greetings,
Kai

metamarty
02-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi Marty,

I have connected my overhead nearly complete with OC. But with "cold and dark" start I now get the failures "generator 1 and 2 not connected" on the instructor page which I have to "remove" manually to get the generators working.

Normally I connect the generators AFTER engine startup and disconnect APU generator.
Am I wrong with that way ?

I've tried the way to connect the Gen's right after ground power connection but with no better result. The failure is still there.

Is it a bug or my fault ?
Greetings,
Kai
Hello,

In no case should the generator switches ever be disconnected unless something is seriously wrong. If you look at the generator switches in the pictures in this page: http://www.b737.org.uk/electrics.htm you will notice that there are even wires running through the caps that you will need to break before you can open the caps to touch the switches. A generator disconnect cannot be undone until the aircraft is in maintenance. That's why you will see a "failure" box in the instructor station, allowing you to do the maintenance work to reconnect the generators. So, turning off the generator switches and then turning them on again will not give you back the generators until you remove the failure box from the instructor station.

Regards,

Marty

Schraddel
02-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi Marty,

many thanks for the hint. That was the solution.

Think I need better glasses..never saw this wire on the caps. :oops:

Cheers, Kai

colossos
05-03-2011, 01:51 PM
hi marty

you see i am using some addons with fs like FDC Live Cockpit and others. the problem is that in case who i have to run the check list the addon software do not see the change of the switch because prosim do it internal. is there any solution for this?

thank you

metamarty
05-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Prosim contains an XML gateway that will be extended to allow external applications to interface with the system. This can be used in the future for programs like you mention, but currently there is no solution yet.

mrmaster
05-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Hey, I hope I don't ask the same question again, but I'm simply too lazy to read through all the 22 Pages.

Would it be possible to use the software as standalone without connection to any flightsim? I am using Mac and Xplane and could run it on a second computer running windows.

edit: just found a way to run a IOCP server on my mac - now I have the connection and everything BUT i know I have to assign the Variables to Datarefs - BUT how are they arranged in PROSIM 737 ? (i mean what is V0001 for example ?)

edit2: ok now all my questions answered themselves - no need for help right now ;) great software!
regards, marc

PHTAT
05-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Blown Away...

There is no other way i can discribe my feeling about this Software.

Marty, you are the man!!!

Working with the G2 card from FDS there were only a few options.
Pm and Flightdeck Soft were the only solutions to get my mcp and efis to work
plus that you would have to pay hard cash to get a program that wasnt that easy at all to get installed and working :(

A few weeks of re-installing the software on my hard-drives after a mega crash i decided to give it a go with the prosim software. little confidence i had because of earlier encounters with PM anf Flightdecksoft, (this is going to be **** i thought...)

Goosepimps raise after a little while...

Astonishing, It works!!! and a lot easier :) :) :)

Thank you Marty!!!

Schraddel
06-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi Marty.

Since the update from 26th Mai my FO-PFD/ND and lower EICAS only displays when GROUNDPWR is available.
Did you chnge something in the logic cause before the update all screens were working after Mainpower was set.

Many thanks and greets,
Kai

metamarty
06-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi Marty.

Since the update from 26th Mai my FO-PFD/ND and lower EICAS only displays when GROUNDPWR is available.
Did you chnge something in the logic cause before the update all screens were working after Mainpower was set.

Many thanks and greets,
Kai
You need AC power for the F/O screens and standby power for the Captain screens.

Regards,

Marty

OmniAtlas
12-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Hello,

The package is freeware for noncommercial use and you'll find lots and lots of hardcore simulation and an instructor station in there. The scope of the system is: full overhead panel, fire panel, master caution system and instructor station.

Marty

Wow Marty, is the package still freeware for noncommercial use? :) Prosim is becoming quite popular these days.

metamarty
12-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Wow Marty, is the package still freeware for noncommercial use? :) Prosim is becoming quite popular these days.
Yes, it is still free for non commercial use, except that the package I was writing about was only the main module at that time. This module (and ProSim Panel and ProSim audio) can still be used without a license. Since then we added a lot of modules to make it a complete package, and these modules are commercial product. We also have 3 full time employees and an office now so we must be the rent. :)