PDA

View Full Version : FSX cfg file not sticking

SKYWARRIOR
11-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi from a newbie,
I am reinstalling FSX on Windows 7 (64) from Vista (64). I thought I might be able to just put my FSX.CFG file and my FSUIPC settings in the new from old Vista installation and all would work fine. It does not so I binned it and started FSX again and re configured the settings,saved it and restarted. However the cfg file settings wont remain changed they default back to the default settings such as : Rudder reappears ( I have pedals ) the button on my C&H yoke don't have the setting I made last etc etc.
Any ideas what is going on here. The machine was clean installed and de fragged with "Distrix" and run as High performance files as per their tutorial.

Regards

David

SKYWARRIOR
11-25-2009, 08:18 PM
hi from a newbie,
i am reinstalling fsx on windows 7 (64) from vista (64). I thought i might be able to just put my fsx.cfg file and my fsuipc settings in the new from old vista installation and all would work fine. It does not so i binned it and started fsx again and re configured the settings,saved it and restarted. However the cfg file settings wont remain changed they default back to the default settings such as : Rudder reappears ( i have pedals ) the button on my c&h yoke don't have the setting i made last etc etc.
Any ideas what is going on here. The machine was clean installed and de fragged with "distrix" and run as high performance files as per their tutorial.

Regards

david

here is the answer to my own question : I was not running it in admin mode !!